Indian bowling absolutely listless

Ram

If I were the captain of the Indian cricket team , I would be livid with our bowling performance so far in the english second innings. The bowlers looked totally unprepared , as if they didnt think they would bowl at all on the 3rd day. There was absolutely no intent , no aggression and it looked like they were just going through the motions really. And primary among the culprits was Sreesanth. Anybody who saw his first over would understand what i am saying. He had zero rhythm and completely lost his run-up and action. There were times when when his approach was all over the place, yet he finished bowling the ball as if to suggest - " I dont care". Zaheer was under par too and seemed to lack that zip he had in the first innings. Hope to see a better and more professional performance from everyone tomorrow. Comon Boys ! A test match victory in England is at stake here

I think you're being too harsh. Yes, Sreesanth did suck(he's stunk all series though) but I thought everybody else did a fine job. Zaheer and RP stuck to a good line and length and didn't offer much for the batsmen to hit. Given the sunny weather which has negated swing and the pitch easing out there's not much the bowlers can do.

Maybe the bowlers werent prepared to bowl today. Also, it seems the weather has been sunny but with it the bounce variation does come into play. I still cant believe that the bowlers dont use the slower ball yorker in Test match. It would keep the batsmen on his tip toes

I am not too concerned. Bowling England out for under 350 would be a good effort, given how the pitch is flattening out somewhat. The ball wasn't doing as much as did on day 1, or maybe it was just the Indian bowlers. Either way, India are in control of the match, have almost no chance of losing - as a supporter, you couldn't ask for more.

Actually, IIRC ; perhaps in most cases whenever India had a lead and there were few overs to bowl at the opposition, we were never successful in those ending overs. We came back the next day and fought Few that come to mind Ind/Pak Kolkata 2005 Pak chasing 422 to win, 20 overs left, Pak score = 95/1 Came back next day, 226 all out ________________ Ind/Pak 99 Delhi Pak chasing 418, 20 overs left Pak 90/0 end of play and next day Kumble wreaks havoc

Ind/Pak 99 Delhi Pak chasing 418, 20 overs left Pak 90/0 end of play and next day Kumble wreaks havoc
nope.. India were bowled out on day 4, and same day Pak were bowled out too. just can't forget this game as i was there in the crowd.. and the target was actually 420, clearly remember the target cauz 420 = chor number, and hence we were chanting "gali galli mein shor hai pakistaniz chor hai"
nope.. India were bowled out on day 4, and same day Pak were bowled out too. just can't forget this game as i was there in the crowd.. and the target was actually 420, clearly remember the target cauz 420 = chor number, and hence we were chanting "gali galli mein shor hai pakistaniz chor hai"
Hmm I can still remember what shastri said , Pak has started very well and they need 300 to win and 300 is getable on the last day I mean I saw that opening stand and the next day I was at McDowells Derby where they announced kumbles record, I was like fack the horses, where the TV
On just another point, should Dravid have stated with two left armers against two leftie batsmen, since Sree has struggled all through the series against them?
the ball was hardly old when rp was introduced.. sreesanth was taken away after his first over.. so i think the 4th over was bowled by r.p only.. about sreesanth, well he has what it takes to be in Indian team.. hez a bowler with lot of josh, which is understandable as hez young..... .. he would turn out to be a good one for India in future if not good on this tour..
sreesanth was taken away after his first over
No. It was Sree who bowled the 4th over of the inning. And it was not josh. There was no rhythm in this run-up, no intent, no direction. He was merely jogging up and bowling without caring about the direction of the ball etc. I hope you saw that, before defending him.
When?? The second half of the series has started. Do you mean to say that he'd be back for Pakistan?
Maybe in the second half of the series, maybe against Pakistan, maybe against Australia but this lad is priceless. Sure he needs more direction and help, but he has it in him to become a top class fast bowler.