Kumble

NO, especially recently, hell NO. He was our leading bowler against WI, took a 4-fer and 2 3-fers against SA and has 2 3-fers here. All wickets count, top/middle and bottom orders. We have been burnt by tails often.
So if you don't deny it, you agree he's been abysmal outside the subcon overall?
\All wickets count' date=' top/middle and bottom orders.[/quote'] hmmm, NO. Kumble was PATHETIC AND USELESS this test match. He was simply redeemed by those 3 wickets at the end. India needs a penetrative bowler, not someone to clean the tail. Zak is more than capable of doing that.

he got lara, chanders and bravo in the 3rd test. he got chanders, bravo, samuels and 3 others in the tail in the 4th test, 2nd innings to help setup our first series win in WI in 35 years. what a useless overseas bowler this krumbler guy is. :yay:

We have bhajji. Too bad selectors are getting confused between tests and one dayers. He wasting time taking wickets for Surrey running through county sides. I just hope he makes a strong comeback.
Brilliant, one single sentence disproves your analysis. Care to check Harbhajan's number of wickets outside sub con and then come back to argue this point. Yes Kumble can't run through the sides overseas so what? He takes enough wickets to keep his place. I don't see that as a problem.
and btw, Harbhajan Singh out bowled Kumble that WI tour. Two 5 wickets in an innings which were match winners.
wrong. we won only one test that series bhajan got 5 in the 1st and kumble got 6 in the 2nd innings of the test we won. try again. :dance:
Sorry Ravi. I know you love the guy but his performance today was pathetic. I'm not saying we've got 10 spinners better than Kumble at home. I'm not saying he should be dropped. All I'm saying is that' date=' [b']he cannot run through sides outside the subcon as regularly as the other two can. And a comparison is inevitable because the three(now two though) are the leading spinners in the world.
Absolutely right and I never denied that. How many spinners around the world can be compared to Warnie and Murali anyways? He still takes enough wickets though. I have no problem people saying he's not as effective as the other two. I have a problem that question Anil's place in the team even without considering the facts.

Typical opportunistic fans, us Indians. When he was winning matches, some of us were the first to fete him, and declare ownership. "See? I told you such and such! He's better than Warne, etc etc" The moment a player loses his form, kick him in the cojones. You lot really deserve your Harbhajans.

LOL. Outside the subcon, he's got 154 wickets@36. That isn't pretty at all for a bowler of his stature.
we are talking recent performance. overall career average is nothing spectacular oveseas i agree, but the numbers are improving. his last 10 test away average is under 28. so what is the fuss?
I have no problem people saying he's not as effective as the other two. I have a problem that question Anil's place in the team even without considering the facts.
Well you jumped at my post when I stated the former. I never said anything about dropping him!