The Lion's Den "The KINGS XI PUNJAB thread"

Sir john

@CS1985 :nice: Rahane played a good knock tonite. Pravin/ Faulkner gave away too many runs at the beginning. The spinners and Harmeet brought it back a little. The pacers need to do better in the forthcoming games. Nayyar still hasn't given up his legside sweep...he goes into this mode where that becomes his cop out shot. I figured he might improve a bit considering he was in good form. Mandeep batted alright...pretty good considering his forte is in the longer version of the game. He's adapting... The think tank need to look at some local players like Amitoze Singh who has been brilliant for Punjab coming down the order.

@CS1985 :nice: Rahane played a good knock tonite. Pravin/ Faulkner gave away too many runs at the beginning. The spinners and Harmeet brought it back a little. The pacers need to do better in the forthcoming games. Nayyar still hasn't given up his legside sweep...he goes into this mode where that becomes his cop out shot. I figured he might improve a bit considering he was in good form. Mandeep batted alright...pretty good considering his forte is in the longer version of the game. He's adapting... The think tank need to look at some local players like Amitoze Singh who has been brilliant for Punjab coming down the order.
Right, we need taller faster Punjabi bowlers, these bowlers will not work. I don't know what KXIP talent search team has done so far as there is enough talent in Punjab. All other sports finds their talent in Punjab, like basketball, hockey, shooting, wrestling and many other sports. Our basketball players are playing in the biggest leagues like NBA and their talent scouts comes here to find some talent but don't know why KXIP team management has been so poor in finding any talent in Punjab for Cricket. They could have even bought our Ranji bowlers like Gony or VRV or Brainder Sran who are taller and faster than these PK or Faulkners or Harmeet. They didn't even bought them.

Tu bada khush ho raha hai sale :finger: We just lost by 30 runs, not a disgraceful defeat. Hota hai, at the start of the tournament. Now we will take out all our frustration on your team in our next 2 matches
Lost to the minnows and talking big :hehe: We beat the favourites :beach:

@CS IMO, it's not so much about pace in t20....your line and length still has to be spot on otherwise it's cannon fodder for the batsmen. Pace + accuracy is the way to go along with a lot of variation i.e slower deliveries. Harmeet is relatively slow but still does an honest job as far a as economy is concerned. Punjab went to the finals in the recently concluded Mushtaq Ali t20 so a couple of players from that team could be tried. Let's hope for a better turnout in the next game :yay:

Punjab XXI fan (Anmol).. you can sell your house now.. Your lions can stay there as kittens too. :regular_smile:
Very proud of yourselves arnt you. I hope you are must admit it was a clever plan to plant these Mahrastrans in our team (Valthaty & Nayar) Traitors, fixers, cheaters. The only Punjabi player Mandeep did a great job. Also congrats to Non-Pune Warriors, the Australians and other Indians did a great job. It would be nice to see Pune play a player from Pune though ... o sorry forgot they don't have one :hysterical: