The Lion's Den "The KINGS XI PUNJAB thread"

Sir john

^One word - Shivaji
I honestly have no idea, who Shivaji is? Heard this name here and there. That might have something to do with, that we have not been taught about him in schools and colleges. CBSE board and PU don't give any importance to Shivaji. And so it should be. Coz if I ask about Maharaja Ranjit Singh from Punjab, you wouldn't be knowing about him. But, he was a historical legend. So, we have been taught about Maharaja Ranjit Singh not Shivaji.

I honestly have no idea, who Shivaji is? Heard this name here and there. That might have something to do with, that we have not been taught about him in schools and colleges. CBSE board and PU don't give any importance to Shivaji. And so it should be. Coz if I ask about Maharaja Ranjit Singh from Punjab, you wouldn't be knowing about him. But, he was a historical legend. So, we have been taught about Maharaja Ranjit Singh not Shivaji.
he was a great king :hatsoff:

i know ranjit singh is a cricketer and a part time king :king: but r u referring the same legend ??

^One word - Shivaji
Plenty of warriors Mishraji' date=' plenty. Have not even touched the Baji Raos yet.[/quote'] Thats why I said, no point bringing on the new names from the history. You will keep bringing names like Shivaji, Baji Bujis and we will keep bringing names like Maharaja Ranjit Singh or Guru Gobind Singh. Koi fayda nahin. Neither do we know anything about Shivaji or Baji Bujis nor do you know about Ranjit Singh or Guru Gobind Singh.. So stop calling names from the history. Just talk about recent past.

I know more about Maharaja Ranjit Singh than you do :giggle: Didn't skip my history classes like you did. :giggle:

anyway, my sher bhaiyo, enough of fights. wishing you all the best for the IPL, and hope you win some and win some more.
Typical Pune "Warrior" "Punjab are not lions, they suck, Pune are the mightiest" ...Match day gets nearer "Hey guys I was just joking may the best team win ______ (some more bs)" U scared? Wanna have AVI bet for winner of the games between us?

I know more about Maharaja Ranjit Singh than you do :giggle: Didn't skip my history classes like you did. :giggle:
Yar, even I studied a lots of history in my school days. And if you'd have asked me in my school days about anyone, I'd have definitely told you. But, now I just remember few main things from history which any common man would know. Coz history has never been my interest. We have been taught about Maharaja Ranjit Singh and Guru Gobind Singh in our school days. I know about some of the highlights of their great careers. But, I am not a historian to go deep into their work.