India vs England 2012

India vs England 2012  

1. 1.

• Yes, I feel excess money in Indian cricket system may have spoilt things
    • No, I think money has no influence on our Test side problems

warmup match before the actual test will give you more idea about Rahane' date=' Rohit, Rayudu, Mandeep, etc. whoever plays. He did play one superb innings in WI, but others like Rahane, Mukund, Dhawan did not play even one innings of that kind. Those were some tough pitches to bat on and the one innings he played was top class. bar Pujara who had 2-3 50s, it was only Rohit and to some extent Saha who had played any innings of substance there.[/quote'] True, it will be tough call if selectors are pondering in dropping Raina. I would like Rohit to play two to three first class games and make a decision then. But there are so many options like Bist, Tiwary, Mandeep, Rayudu, etc, it would be unfair to reward failure if Rohit gets picked. Saha definitely deserves a call-up, but obviously that's whole different story in itself.
True, it will be tough call if selectors are pondering in dropping Raina. I would like Rohit to play two to three first class games and make a decision then. But there are so many options like Bist, Tiwary, Mandeep, Rayudu, etc, it would be unfair to reward failure if Rohit gets picked. Saha definitely deserves a call-up, but obviously that's whole different story in itself.
I will take whoever does well in warmup against England. I will play Mukund, Rahane, Mandeep, Rohit, Bist, and Rayudu as the top 6 bats in that game.

Kya baat kar rahe ho yaar? Do not let these pommies practice against good sides. let all our national players play the Ranji Trophy and play some weak B or C grade side vs the poms. My wishlist for the practice matches vs the poms - 1. Pitches should be the greenest ever prepared in India. Do not let them get used to the turning tracks. 2. The 11 playing vs the poms should have no one who has played int'l cricket. A colt's 11 or an u-22 squad is the best that should play vs them.

Kya baat kar rahe ho yaar? Do not let these pommies practice against good sides. let all our national players play the Ranji Trophy and play some weak B or C grade side vs the poms. My wishlist for the practice matches vs the poms - 1. Pitches should be the greenest ever prepared in India. Do not let them get used to the turning tracks. 2. The 11 playing vs the poms should have no one who has played int'l cricket. A colt's 11 or an u-22 squad is the best that should play vs them.
Then how would we get to know who should we pick without playing them against a quality attack?
Then how would we get to know who should we pick without playing them against a quality attack?
:giggle: Dinda for Week 1 Balaji for Week 2 Aaron for Week 3 Atul Sharma for Week 4 Shami for Week 5 New policy - rotation for juniors. All of the will be satisfied. We can also have different captains for different weeks like Buchanan suggest, NO? :woot:

Say bye bye to viru/gambhir They were always flat track bullies.Its 2 years of pathetic form now.. We need proper openers without faulty teckniqs like viru/gautam My team would be Murli vijay rahane pujara sachin kohli rohit dhoni ashwin zaheer ojha yadav ishant bhajji sikhar dhawan uv

Pick the one who is in better domestic form. One warm up match vs England would not tell you anything different that is not already known about these batsmen especially on home pitches. I liked how England were given three Hyderabad B teams to play their warm ups against when they landed here 10-12 days before the ODI series last year. They promptly thrashed the Hyd side but were under prepared for the real test. Let's repeat that dose for the test tour. Also, when we went to England how many warm ups did we have vs English Lions or even against first choice 11s of the counties we played against? (different matter that we struggled even against the County B teams).
:giggle: Dinda for Week 1 Balaji for Week 2 Aaron for Week 3 Atul Sharma for Week 4 Shami for Week 5 New policy - rotation for juniors. All of the will be satisfied. We can also have different captains for different weeks like Buchanan suggest, NO? :woot:
:confused: I was talking about batsmen. No use talking about bowlers when we do not have.
Pick the one who is in better domestic form. One warm up match vs England would not tell you anything different that is not already known about these batsmen especially on home pitches. I liked how England were given three Hyderabad B teams to play their warm ups against when they landed here 10-12 days before the ODI series last year. They promptly thrashed the Hyd side but were under prepared for the real test. Let's repeat that dose for the test tour. Also, when we went to England how many warm ups did we have vs English Lions or even against first choice 11s of the counties we played against? (different matter that we struggled even against the County B teams).
Anderson, Finn, Broad, Swann. This attack is only second to SA even on Indian pitches, may be equal to SA because of Swann.

Unfortunately Kohli aside I don't think India's batting will put up big totals against England. Tendulkar, Sehwag, Gambhir in horrible form. Pujara being relatively inexperienced, Rahane also and Rohit Sharma being positively ****. That leaves Dhoni whos technique leaves much to be desired and Virat Kohli. As for bowling well, we'll have to see if Broad and Anderson can reproduce their UAE figures. If they do, as well as the gun that is called Steven Finn then India have a real problem on their hands. Plus you have Swann who is always a threat on turners. Cook > Sehwag Cook is one of the worlds best batsman and will go on to do great things. Sehwag has done great things but it looks like his days are numbering, simply put he's been a bit cack of late. Compton vs Rahane. Nobody knows. Neither have played a test match, both have been impressive in first class cricket. Compton is a bit of a late bloomer, much like Jonathan Trott whilst Rahane is still young and has done well in ODI cricket. Trott > Pujara It's not really fair on Pujara, given Trott is one of the best no.3's out there. probably the 2nd best in the world behind Hashim Amla. Pujara however has made a very good start to his test career. KP > Out of form Sachin. KP on form will simply blow anyone away, regardless of who you are. Whether it be Glenn Mcgrath on seaming wickets, Muralitharan on rank turners, Dale Steyn on swinging pitches or Shane Warne. He will kill you when he's on song. Sachin is the best batsman of the modern era. Unfortunately he's getting on a bit and his form in the past 2 years has been nothing short of horrendous. Bell < Kohli Bell is a very good player of spin but Kohli is special. He will be one of the best batsman in the world in a few years if not already. When the pressure is off, Bell is the reincarnation of Donald Bradman. When the pressure is strong, he should change his nationality to South African. In fact, given this England side, it surprises me that out of everyone he's one of the few who isn't a saffer. Bairstow = Rohit Sharma. Bairstow somehow managed to play Steyn + Philander really well but can't seem to play somebody like Rampaul. I don't know. Rohit Sharma is probably the best player in the world if the scorecard wasn't recorded and there was nobody watching. Shame thats not going to be the case. Prior > Dhoni As good as Dhoni has been for the past year, Prior is by far and away the best test wicketkeeper batsman and number 7 in the world. How many times have England been 120-5 and then Prior comes in and whacks a run a ball century? He's one of my favourite players. Bowling wise: Swann = Ashwin. Here's an interesting one. Swann's offbreaks delivery is in my opinion the best in the world. His flight, accuracy, turn and bounce is better than anyone's since Murali. However his bowling is one dimensional. He can only bowl that plus the occasional one which speeds up and goes straight on. Ashwin can bowl the Carrom ball which makes him deadly, though his offbreaks are not as good. Also Ashwin is bowling on pitches he is familiar with whilst for some reason Swann doesn't perform aswell on turners as he does in England when the ball doesn't turn, which is somewhat remarkable. Swann as a conventional spinner is the best in the world but due to the lack of a Doosra he falls behind Ajmal as an overall spinner. Anderson > Zaheer Khan. Anderson has bowled almost godlike for the past two years and his stats are identical to Steyn's over the past two years. Zaheer was also bowling very well but his age and body has seemingly caught up with him. Zaheer hasn't bowled well for almost a year and a half now. Broad > Umesh. Broad has also, barring the SA series, been godlike over the past year or so. Averaged 27 in Sri Lanka, 21 in UAE, 16 against India. That's very impresssive given the flat nature of the UAE and Sri Lankan pitches. Umesh had a good start and has very good pace but is a bit of a loose cannon. Does have the tendency to take wickets when bowling crap though. Finn > errr Kumar/Aaron? Finn is going to be one of the best bowlers in the world if not the best in a year or so. I think he will do very well in the tour of India. Ojha > Panesar There doesn't need to be an explanation. Panesar is ****.

As for bowling well, we'll have to see if Broad and Anderson can reproduce their UAE figures. If they do, as well as the gun that is called Steven Finn then India have a real problem on their hands. Plus you have Swann who is always a threat on turners.
The difference here is that the pakis dont have a batting lineup and india do. in fact, i'd argue a 2nd string indian batting lineup is better than anything they have. so expecting broad and anderson to reproduce their UAE figures might be pushing it a bit. Finn will do well in any conditions, he is easily england's best bowler now and possibly one of the best in the world. other than that, the rest of your summary was spot on. india's test batting has seen an alarming decline since late 2010, no runs from the openers, not much from the middle order either, big-time failures both home and away. while some of the dead wood has been removed, some still remains. its hard for me to imagine this batting lineup scoring runs after struggling against new zealand and west indies in recent times; and england have a far better bowling attack than both of them. my guess is that india will try to prepare turners in an effort to restrict england's batsmen, knowing fully well that our own batsmen can't make those 500+ totals like they used to. so the battle between india's spinners and england's batsmen is the key and will most likely determine the winner of this test series
Yes Ojha is a far better bowler then Ashwin. He is unlucky that he is playing in this era of fitness before skill. This guy should be your main spinner in the side. How about Sir Ravendra Jadeja making the team at #7 and extra spin option against the team he beat 5-0 in ODIs last winter.
You couldn't be more wrong. Ojha is a defensive bowler compared to Ashwin. Ashwin is more attacking also got more variations. Ojha is at best a steady and accurate bowler. Ashwin has 3 different styles of bowling for 3 different formats.
The touring England cricketers will take on India A in their opening warm-up game ahead of the four-Test series against India starting November 15, the BCCI announced today. The England cricket team will be playing three warm-up matches prior to the start of the Test series. "The visitors will play India 'A' at the Brabourne Stadium in Mumbai from 30 October 2012 to 1 November 2012. They will play Mumbai 'A' at the D.Y.
http://www.ptinews.com/news/3067697_England-to-take-on-India-A-in-opening-warm-up-match-