India vs England 2012

India vs England 2012  

1. 1.

• Yes, I feel excess money in Indian cricket system may have spoilt things
    • No, I think money has no influence on our Test side problems

In SC Viru>Cook Gauti>Compton Pujara>Trott SRT>Pieterson Kohli>Bell Yuvraj>Bairstow/Bopara Dhoni>Prior Ashwin>Swann Zaheer>Anderson (terrible in SC) UmeshPanesar) So that's 10-1 to India. Definitely 4-0. Or 3-0 if they want at least 1 full game to make money from ads and not having it end in 4 days.
lol are you serious Dhoni better than Prior? in tests? SRT better than KP, maybe 10 years ago!
In SC Viru>Cook Gauti>Compton Pujara>Trott SRT>Pieterson Kohli>Bell Yuvraj>Bairstow/Bopara Dhoni>Prior Ashwin>Swann Zaheer>Anderson (terrible in SC) UmeshPanesar) So that's 10-1 to India. Definitely 4-0. Or 3-0 if they want at least 1 full game to make money from ads and not having it end in 4 days.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
98727.2.jpg Flintoff backs Pietersen to perform in India http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/current/story/587391.html
"When people get on Kevin's case he comes out swinging and scores runs," Flintoff told BBC Sport. "I think Alastair Cook might benefit from this. He might get KP at his best." "When Kevin's got a point to prove, he usually proves it with the bat," Flintoff said. "We saw that when he came into the international game in South Africa and he just kept scoring hundreds. In his last innings, he got a hundred at Headingley and saved England."
Err Right, I'm not going to bite.

Has the India A team taking on England in 10 days been announced yet? Here's the squad I'd like to see: Chand Rahane Menaria Mandeep Rayudu (thought he was chit but avg 102.5 in NZ A tour in 6 innings :hatsoff:) Yuvraj (as an all rounder) Saha Harbhajan Praveen (deserves a chance to prove himself considering Test record so far) Ishant Harmeet/Awana Youngsters with potential (barring a few in the top order :giggle:) and experienced players making comebacks.

Has the India A team taking on England in 10 days been announced yet? Here's the squad I'd like to see: Chand Rahane Menaria Mandeep Rayudu Yuvraj Saha Harbhajan Praveen Ishant Harmeet Youngsters with potential (barring a few in the top order :giggle:) and experienced players making comebacks.
maybe rohit will get chance? :P :hysterical:
yes mandeep is definitely better then him imo .. and this should not happen hopefully vijay wont get in.. but u never know
Looking at Nohit's List A record the people saying he should be tried in Tests do have a bit of a point though. Cause he only has 5 hundreds in around 150 List A matches. Not everyone is a Mandeep, Nohit is just another talent not a very special player going from strength to strength with a future in all 3 forms for India. So his domestic average will be higher than Internationals. Maybe in Tests with more time to settle in he will score similarly to his 4 day record. VVS was pretty inconsistent at start of his career. Very similar record in ODI's to Nohit aswell (average and matches played) but he's a Test legend...
Looking at Nohit's List A record the people saying he should be tried in Tests do have a bit of a point though. Cause he only has 5 hundreds in around 150 List A matches. Not everyone is a Mandeep, Nohit is just another talent not a very special player going from strength to strength with a future in all 3 forms for India. So his domestic average will be higher than Internationals. Maybe in Tests with more time to settle in he will score similarly to his 4 day record. VVS was pretty inconsistent at start of his career. Very similar record in ODI's to Nohit aswell (average and matches played) but he's a Test legend...
difference between vvs and rohit is.. vvs didnt had technical flaw cos of which he was shyte in odis it was his batting style rohit plays ball in air all the time .. with no vinay kumar ,unadkat types players who will feed him hit me balls he will fail very badly
difference between vvs and rohit is.. vvs didnt had technical flaw cos of which he was shyte in odis it was his batting style rohit plays ball in air all the time .. with no vinay kumar ,unadkat types players who will feed him hit me balls he will fail very badly
VVS started bad in Tests too (avg 24 in 1st 16 Tests). Became consistent 3-4 years into his International career. Was very talented like Nohit (and unlike a Raina) But Nohit I agree has given away wickets alot. And you did not just say that. How dare you insult THE legend like that. And put him in the same sentence as Unadkat. :mad:
VVS started bad in Tests too (avg 24 in 1st 16 Tests). Became consistent 3-4 years into his International career. Was very talented like Nohit (and unlike a Raina) But Nohit I agree has given away wickets alot. And you did not just say that. How dare you insult THE legend like that. And put him in the same sentence as Unadkat. :mad:
:finger:

There night be many talented players, but the difference is the mind, at this level it is ur temperament and how bad u want to succeed, Virat showed he has what it takes and is willing to work hard, Manish Pandey, Mandeep, Rayudu, Vijay might have the talent but, are they hungry, how strong are they in their mind,Rohit has loads of talent also has not been tried in his best format that is test, also VVS was shunted around and made to open and bat every position and not given much confidence for most of his career , he would have far superior stats if he was treated right.

Go on, explain how anyone of them were incorrect for Asian conditions. In the sub continent Dhoni has a great record and would be much better than Prior in these conditions. 4-0.
Right. F**k this. I'll bite. First of all, Cook vs Gambhir: Gambhir has averaged 35.14 in the subcontinent in the past two years. He has scored 0 centuries. All of these have been in India by the way, where he is supposed to be "dominant" in. Cook has averaged 49.60 in the subcontinent. He has 4 centuries to his name in the sub-continent. Of course this has been inflated by his ridiculous average vs Bangladesh. But he has averaged 49 vs India and 46 vs Sri Lanka. So thats Cook > Gambhir I'm not going to do a comparison of Sehwag vs Root/Compton because frankly neither of them have played a game for England before and nobody knows how good they are in these sort of conditions. Oh and keep in mind Sehwag hasn't done anything of late, in both the SC and away games for the past two years. He got rolled over by New Zealand. England's attack are about 8 times better. Trott vs Pujara Jonathan Trott is the 2nd best No.3 in the world in test cricket, behind only Hashim Amla. Pujara is a cricket nobody who is a current stop gap for India so the likes of Kohli can get ready to play in that position. Pujara averaged 40 in test cricket and every single one of his games has been played in the SC, or India more specifically, his home. Funnily enough, he's been bowled out by the likes of Southee which is quite depressing. Trott's average in the SC isn't that impressive, only 42 actually. But he somehow failed against Bangladesh (in a series which didn't even matter given everyone else racked up the hundreds) which skewered his average down. If he can average 48.63 in Sri Lanka on rank turners then i think he'll do just as fine in India. Anyone who suggests that Pujara > Trott in any conditions anywhere in the world is either trolling or a retard who shouldn't be given internet access. Tendulkar vs KP If we're talking overall career's, Tendulkar is better than KP. Right now? KP >>>> Tendulkar. In fact, here's the stats to prove it. Over the past 2 years Tendulkar averages 42.34. To further denote that, he has averaged 35.56 in India, whre apparently he is better than KP. For the past two years KP has averaged 50.26... at a strike rate of almost 80. Work that out for yourself. In the SC KP averages 75.53.... Whacked The Sri lankan spinners off the park on a rank turner. KP > Tendulkar. Kohli vs Bell. Kohli has played 14 test matches. 10 of which were at home against Pop gun attacks and the other 4 he got annihalated in. Too early to judge on him. Bell is an excellent player against orthodox spin. In two years time Kohli > Bell definetely but right now in test cricket? Nope. Can't call it right now. Yuvraj vs Morgan Can't call this one. Two world class ODI players who can't and shouldn't be playing test cricket. Prior vs Dhoni Matt Prior is the best wicketkeeper batsman in the world. Dhoni lacks the technique for Test cricket. That is about the best summary you're going to get. But just to indulge you, I'll dig out statistics. Matt Prior averages 44 in India...which is only 1 run less than Dhoni who has played on those pitches his entire life! P.S This was also when Matt Prior wasn't as good as he is now. Prior >>>>>> [daylight] >>>>> Dhoni Anderson vs Zaheer... Is Zaheer Khan still alive? But I'll indulge you anyway. In the past two years, Anderson has averaged 24.66. Khan has averaged 29.70. In their careers Khan averaged 35.50 in India (lol). Anderson averaged 29.31 in India. So This proves that Anderson > Khan. Stuart Broad > Umesh Yadav. Atleast you flippin admit that one. Why the hell is Panesar being discussed. We're going to play Steven Finn and he's the best bowler on both the sides. But for jokes sakes, we'll compare him to Ishant Sharma. Yes, are you happy? There's nothing to be compared other than height. Ashwin and Swann is an interesting one. They're equal and for my explanation read earlier in the thread. Really can't be arsed typing it out for a retard like you.
^ Pujara has played in SA. And why can't you judge between Kohli and Bell? Bell is horrible in SC.
Irrelevant point. Pujara and trott are still a plethora apart. Bell is horrible in the SC based on what? Being bamboozled by Ajmal in the UAE? Kohli has played little to nothing in comparison with Bell. Bell has 16 centuries and 34 50's. Kohli 2 centuries and 5 50's....
Irrelevant point. Pujara and trott are still a plethora apart. Bell is horrible in the SC based on what? Being bamboozled by Ajmal in the UAE? Kohli has played little to nothing in comparison with Bell. Bell has 16 centuries and 34 50's. Kohli 2 centuries and 5 50's....
I was correcting you on where you said......
Pujara averaged 40 in test cricket and every single one of his games has been played in the SC
Comparing Bell's centuries with Kohli is pretty meaningless knowing that Kohli has only started playing Test Cricket.
Pretty irrelevant post. Comparing Bell's centuries with Kohli is pretty meaningless knowing that Kohli has only started playing Test Cricket.
Actually its quite relevant. My point is you can't really compare a tried and tested and stable test match batsman with a supremely talented newbie. Kohli has to first implement the talent onto the cricket pitch, especially in test match cricket.
I was correcting you on where you said......
My mistake then, but the overall point still stands.