IPL Curtain Raiser

Magneto

Can't understand why they all say- IPL is a combination of Cricket and bollywood. Why are they so desperate to link up with cricket? And even if they say this from commercial point of view, to attract all kinds of audiences. It doesn't make sense coz only a cricket lover will come to ground to watch cricket after spending money on tickets. A bollywood lover or a movie lover will not get anything of his interest in a cricket ground. So, IPL, no matter, whether its good or bad, is all about CRICKET
This is not true. I really don't care much about cricket. Especially test cricket. But I love the IPL. People go for IPL games to get entertained. And cricket is just one small part of that entertainment package. It just becomes a good place where many friends can catch up, have a blast together under the backdrop of a cricket game. I've been to ~ 20 odd IPL games so far. And there have been times when I couldn't have cared lesser about the outcome of the game. People just meet friends, chill marofy and dance/sing etc. Basically, IPL is a party. And most people take it that way. At a stadium, I've yet to see anyone who would sulk if his/her team lost in the IPL. Its not cricket. Its Cricketainment.