Iraq's missing billions

CC1981

That was the showpiece presentation on CBC newsworld's Passionate Eye today ( 10pm-11pm PST show) and boy did it get my blood boiling. I recommend all of you (especially the America a$$-kissers here) watch it and it'll shed some light on this so-called 'spreading the democracy' cr@p that the American media feeds us. Basically, right after Iraq was 'defeated', the coalition government (read: Pentagon) ruled that American contractors in Iraq will not be subject to Iraqi law and since it is not an occupation, they wont be subject to American law either. So now, no law applies to them and an estimated 20 billion dollars of Iraq's money ( the money that was in Iraq's coffers from their decade old oil-for-food program) has gone missing. Right now some people in the justice department in the US are looking into it but they've basically said that there is little they can do, given that most of these contractors came in with heavy Republican backing (some named were failed businessmen and convicted frauds who were 'born again Christian republicans) and laundered Iraq's money. First order of business for America after 9/11 was to order 120 more F-22s....Like hang on a min- security threat from boxcutter-weilding terrorists require F-22s as logical deterrents, eh ? Then, they take over ALL of Iraq's money, ship it to the Federal reserve (where it gains massive interest for the Yankees) and then ship back 20 billion US$ in cold hard cash, weighing over 230 tonnes of 100 US$ bills. This money then goes for kickbacks and expensive spending projects on 'military' equipment ( so lemme get this straight- Iraq needs artillery guns to deal with AK-47 weilding terrorists, eh ?) meanwhile, the healthcare system that was one of the best in the world (mentioned in the program and i knew of this from my living in the middle east days) under Saddam now struggles to find basic IV needles thin enough to give drips to premature babies- who just die due to lack of oxygen and basic medical supplies. Interestingly, the hospital showcased had just recieved a 4.5 million dollar upgrade- the OR is flooded from sewage leaking through from the floor after a 4.5 million dollar upgrade. Turns out that the yankees who oversaw this 'upgrade' invoiced the Federal reserve (which is holding the Iraqi money) for half a million dollars on 'sewage systems upgrade' !! And i shall pre-empt the usual nonsense from our US bootlicking hinduvta idiots- there was NO iraqi involvement in this, since the money was held by the 'coalition forces' (read: Pentagon) and 95% of contracts were carried out by US contractors. Now, a healthcare system that was better than the US healthcare system in facilities & turnover rate is bumped down below that of India's third world infrastructure by these 'liberators'. So much for spreading democracy- Iraq was nothing more than an excuse for America to keep its massively over-budgeted and unnecessary military machine keep rolling and steal Iraq's money and its oil. Great nation this America is, isnt it ?

Yes, America (USA) IS a great nation.
In what terms ? military and economy ? sure. But so were the slave-trading Spanish and the British. In terms of humanity, just about the only western nation to trail America is Australia. And they are way behind many non-western nations as far as humanity goes. I dunno of many other nations who deliberatey experiment on their own populace with deadly viruses or make racist laws towards commodities like Australia does.

Finally there is one rare Good News for those common Iraqis and that too from SPORTS. In Asia Cup soccer final Iraq defeated Saudi Arabia to clinch the title. They reached till final and won it as well......and Soccer is very popular among Arabs like Cricket for we Indians. :thumbs_up:

Nobody supported american war in iraq..
That is why US and UK are in Iraq i guess...the 'nobody' tag applies to no-one- even in Canada, there was a furious debate about joining the American mayhem in Iraq before better sense prevailed, thanks to a much more grounded nature of the Canadians.

Guest dada_rocks
That is why US and UK are in Iraq i guess...the 'nobody' tag applies to no-one- even in Canada' date=' there was a furious debate about joining the American mayhem in Iraq before better sense prevailed, thanks to a much more grounded nature of the Canadians.[/quote'] I am talking about people on this board, obviously didn't know lurker's stance.

What America is doing to iraq is 10 times worse than what Saddam did to iraq or the taleban did to afghanista- so it stands to reason that Bush and co. should be held accountable in the international court of justice...oh hang on a min- Amrikka the bastion of justice doesnt recognize that. LOL!

How could u do that Saddan was our trusted lieutenant in Mid-east
Didnt do it for Saddam(the man was pure evil but was good friend of India). Did it because I thought, and beleived, that Middle East needs to be fixed. Realized later that the only thing fixed was the war, pun intentional. :thumbs_down:

Guest dada_rocks
What America is doing to iraq is 10 times worse than what Saddam did to iraq or the taleban did to afghanista- so it stands to reason that Bush and co. should be held accountable in the international court of justice...oh hang on a min- Amrikka the bastion of justice doesnt recognize that. LOL!
U are victim of exaggeration again. Saddam must have killed/maimed more in kurdistan alone.

U are victim of exaggeration again. Saddam must have killed/maimed more in kurdistan alone.
False. More civillians have been killed by the coalition forces than by Saddam. This is recognized by the UN officially. And Saddam had a functional healthcare and education system that was on SUPERIOR to America in basic education and healthcare- Americans have destroyed that. It is NOT an exgaggeration- Bush has done FAR WORSE for Iraq than Saddam did- all the facts bear this out.

In what terms ? military and economy ? sure. But so were the slave-trading Spanish and the British. In terms of humanity, just about the only western nation to trail America is Australia. And they are way behind many non-western nations as far as humanity goes. I dunno of many other nations who deliberatey experiment on their own populace with deadly viruses or make racist laws towards commodities like Australia does.
What ? No mention of Brett Lee or Ricky Ponting, Sandro ?? You're slipping.

America is a great nation because it produced Judy Garland and Elvis Presley. You want more ?
I find it much more appropriate to attach the epithet great based on how a country/culture treats its own and foreigners through its history. America by no means is a 'great nation'- it has a rather savage and brutal history leading up to all but the most recent times. Ie, to put it rather crudely, the 'barbarians have just begun civilizing themselves as a society'.