OKAY, folks ...

Zooter

Re: OKAY, folks ... ... but seriously ... I think Ravi Shastri was right ... India needed more pracice matches. 1 game and then the ODI series starts. At least 10 days of pre-tour time is needed. India would have almost surely lost this game (and this ODI series), but to go down this way?!?! :shrug: More adustment time is necessary.

Re: OKAY, folks ...

I think Ravi Shastri was right ... India needed more pracice matches. 1 game and then the ODI series starts. At least 10 days of pre-tour time is needed.
That may be true but I dont think Australia or South Africa, or for that matter any team that plays India, needs even a game or so to practise. I wouldnt be surprised, depressed certainly but not surprised, if the batsmen play the same way till the last game of this tour.

Re: OKAY, folks ... Bheems.... i cant believe ur optimism.... u r telling me, till sachin and dravid were at the crease, everything seemed an even keel and then the pitch played games suddenly... remember during the 15 over stage or something, they 62/2 and we were 58/2... everything changed in 5 overs??? the conditions and all?

Re: OKAY, folks ... To be honest I didn't rekon India were going to win in the first place. No disappointment there given the expectations. What I'm disappointed is that only 3 batters showed any kind of application, Tendulkar, Rahul and to certain extent Dhoni. Indian bowling wasn't too bad and that is a solace. Batting looks pretty average. Hope Sehwag comes back for the next game. Good he missed this one, I don't think he would have coped with this kind of bounce and pace.

Re: OKAY, folks ... I knew we were gonna lose--I didn't want to put any Indian batsmen in my SuperSelector except Dhoni (cause I needed a keeper) and Dravid. Against my better judgement, I selected Mongia to get my tally up to 5 people per team (shoulda gone with Zaheer or even Agarkar). I left out SRT and all the rest. SRT did in fact, fail. But, I never expected EVERYONE ELSE would fail even more than him.