Sanju baba gets 6 years

Gambit

Dawood Ibrahim did not get scot free....He is in the hiding just like Osama Bin Laden.
Moral of the story - Perform a deadly crime like Mumbai blast and go in hiding. Nothing will happen to you. There is also a very dangerous precident here. Rest assured the next time Dawood is criticized by Indian think tank about Bombay blast 1993, the supporters of Dawood(say Pakistani establishment) would be quick to launch media tirade with a "But he was not even charged/indicted by the Indian Judges who were looking into 1993 Bomb blast".
Arms Act ... Minimum 5 years. Sanju committed a crime against Law and gets punishment.... It is AK47 ....not just a illegal weapon
Fair enough. But what does this have to do with Bomb blast? If it is just an Arms issue why does it take Indian Authorities 15 years to prove that? Waste of time, money and space. xxx

Lurker.... Dawood is in the most wanted list of CIA as well....He is not in the country and in enemy territories...That makes it difficult to catch...its not if CBI/RAW not trying to catch him. Sanju was charged under both TADA and Illegal Arms...and he is on bail all this time....I think there is not enough evidence for his direct involvement in Bomb blasts , and he did not get convicted for that.....

Dawood is in the most wanted list of CIA as well....He is not in the country and in enemy territories...That makes it difficult to catch...its not if CBI/RAW not trying to catch him.
TK. I do realize the enormous work it must take to apprehend Dawood. But if the lead perpetrator is not brought to the court would you feel even remotely satisfied by the justice? I mean come on Mumbai blast is synonymous with Dawood Ibrahim, whats the point of saying the case is closed, justice is served etc etc when the latter was not given so much as a rap on the knuckle? I would have expected nothing less than - Tried in absentia and given death penalty. How do you give death penalty to foot soldier and not the mastermind? As for Sanjay Dutt lets agree to disagree on that. I am not defending his keeping guns or anything but I am preplexed as to why someone would be put behind bars for almost 2 years, tainted for 15 years only to be put behind bars for 6 further years on the pretext of keeping guns, specially when he is absolved of the Mumbai blast conspiracy. xxx

..in short' date=' what part?[/quote'] The first video, with claims about him being threatened and framed because he was helping the muslim slum dwellers. Did he have any connections with the muslim underworld in Bombay at all ? Or even if he did, were they of a malicious nature, or just coincidental ?

Varun, I can tell you form personal experience; early 90s in Bombay was all about bhaigiri and it was finished after the blast From college canteen to the streets, murder was a joke and the word "Compro" was the in-thing to say ( Compro = Compromise before a gang fight is about to take place ) Sanju was no different, everyone wanted to be associated with Bhai's, it was just cool and sorta a safety net. Nonetheless, they were all named as Irfan, Haneef etc Sharukh khan openly said once that when he came to bombay, there was one man who offered support incase of trouble and it was sanju bhai The Pali hill neighborhood ( sanjus den ) wich is close to a slum area had many so called bhais which he had used during his fathers first election in Bandra So, in short..yes, sanju was famous for his connection but how malicious was it, nobody knows

Varun, I can tell you form personal experience; early 90s in Bombay was all about bhaigiri and it was finished after the blast From college canteen to the streets, murder was a joke and the word "Compro" was the in-thing to say ( Compro = Compromise before a gang fight is about to take place ) Sanju was no different, everyone wanted to be associated with Bhai's, it was just cool and sorta a safety net. Nonetheless, they were all named as Irfan, Haneef etc Sharukh khan openly said once that when he came to bombay, there was one man who offered support incase of trouble and it was sanju bhai The Pali hill neighborhood ( sanjus den ) wich is close to a slum area had many so called bhais which he had used during his fathers first election in Bandra So, in short..yes, sanju was famous for his connection but how malicious was it, nobody knows
Wow really does sound like the wild west like that guy in the video said. I can see how someone can get messed up with the wrong crowd in such an atmosphere of fear, if nothing else but just for survival.

As much as I like the guy as an actor and entertainer, I feel the sentence is justified. Six years will in reality come down to 3-4 once he starts serving the sentence due to good behavior etc. He helped terrorists store AK 47s and it's naive to think that as a guy in his mid 30s brought up in urban Bombay he did not know that they will be used for nefarious activities and nefarious activities only.

A few years ago...maybe around 2002...there was this audio recording floating on the net where Dutt and his cohorts were tapped talking to a bunch of gangsters....Sanjay Dutt was well aware of what he was getting into.....you reap what you sow.

Serves the guy right! He has always had a brush with the law in his so called youth.The 18 months in jail turned him into what people now call a responsible person....another four and half years in jail should make him a good man. More importantly it has given the hope to people that other" Criminal VIPs" will also be put behind bars when the time comes.

Serves the guy right! He has always had a brush with the law in his so called youth.The 18 months in jail turned him into what people now call a responsible person....another four and half years in jail should make him a good man. More importantly it has given the hope to people that other" Criminal VIPs" will also be put behind bars when the time comes.
Exactly do the crime do the time, no matter who you are. Lets hope Sidhu gets to do his time as well

In case of Dutt saab, I still have a doubt....there are still a lot of loopholes in our JurySys which capable lawyers can exploit. On top of that we have his sister a Kaangressi MP from Bandra and coterie of Soniajii...Plus new President-- virtually a brainchild of Soniajii. So fingering with Judges will not be surprising if the case goes till Supreme court. All Priya Dutt needs to do is start butterring Soniaji more vigorously.

• Usman Man Khan Shaikh: Rigorous imprisonment for six years' and Rs 30,000 as fine. He obtained weapons training in Pakistan.
  • Shaikh Ibrahim Shaikh Hussain: Rigorous imprisonment for six years' and Rs 30,000 as fine. He obtained weapons training in Pakistan.
  • Mohammed Hanif Usman Shaikh: Rigorous imprisonment for six years' and Rs 30,000 as fine. He obtained weapons training in Pakistan.
  • Mohammed Sayeed Mohammed Ishaq: Rigorous imprisonment for six years' and Rs 30,000 as fine. He obtained weapons training in Pakistan.
  • Gul Mohammed Noor Mohammad: Rigorous imprisonment for six years' and Rs 30,000 as fine. He obtained weapons training in Pakistan. so all these guys who got training in the neighboring country only got 6 years? And so does Sanjay for keeping some arms... I am glad that he got punishment and he deserves that but the amount of punishment cannot be justified? Point is that he is been completely changed man. I think he should serve all the time any manipulation will tarnish his image more if any.

Priya Dutt meets congressministers and Soniaji to pull political strings to get him out .Sick! If this is not enough....the congress supports him and will do everything.Priyaranjan das munshi says that the industry is losing out ...... The courts should take note and put these asses behind bars for contempt and when the appeal goes to SC ,it should increase his punishment for using slimy politicians to pull strings. It is sad that this almost fifty year old actor has all his life been a blacksheepfor his family .Till he was alive his poor father was always trying to keep him out of jail and now his sister is doing the same. It is so sad to see a heavily pregnant Priya Dutt running from pillarto post to get him out.