Satyamev Jayate - Aamir Khan's first TV show

ViruRulez

I don't think it will be repeated because if they do repeat it in the evening then the whole point of having a morning slot will be lost (I read somewhere that Amir insisted that he will have the show only at 11am on Sundays instead of evening so I don't think there will be repeat in evening). Thats the thing, we used to watch those shows in the good old days of doordarshan but I don't think people will watch a show in that time slot nowadays. From the promos it looks like a pretty good show so I hope it is successful.
Agree. He seems to have said that he is not interested in TRP or monetary success to that extent but his main aim is to reach every Indian and unite the nation. In that sense, that should be a success irrespective of the amount of commercial success. Having said that, Aamir does things differently yet makes them successful and it is evident in his movies. He produces and acts in movies which any other superstar would never dare and they would never become commercial successes with any other actor or production house. So, the case is a bit different with him and it cannot be said that just because of the timing the show might not make it big. He does things differently and yet makes them differently. To be honest, I would probably have more doubt at its success if he had made another KBC or Dus ka dum type show and shown it at prime time. He is somewhat hatke and that is why people like in him. So, things work differently in his case compared to other actors. Who knows his show might make a late night sleeper like me even an early riser. :giggle:

^ And you believe that? EVERYone is interested in money. Why does Aamir do movies, if it is not for the money or fame. Even this show is ALL about the money. Its a facade and I am disappointed people cannot see right through it. But despite the fact that he is milking the audience for all their worth, I hope it is a decent show and not faux. I don't think actors are the right choice for these, especially uneducated ones. Hopefully, it will at least clear some traffic on the roads on Sunday mornings. The Lord knows he big cities in India could use that relief.

Yeah' date=' it's like Oprah. A bit disappointed to be honest, from the promo I thought it would be some uber cool travel show.[/quote'] Yeah but we could do with one less travel show in this country. Maybe someone showing us a mirror once in a while might not hurt so much. This is a noble effort. Hope it inspires others.

Yeah but we could do with one less travel show in this country. Maybe someone showing us a mirror once in a while might not hurt so much. This is a noble effort. Hope it inspires others.
I thought it would focus on social issues but not in an oprah manner, more like traveling the country and interviewing ppl. and i'm not dissing the show. just saying it's different from what i xpected.

I thought it would focus on social issues but not in an oprah manner' date=' more like traveling the country and interviewing ppl. and i'm not dissing the show. just saying it's different from what i xpected.[/quote'] It is going to happen in coming episodes. One of my known people is in the team.