Speed and Performance of Indian Fast bowlers in IPL

vishalvirsingh

Well, he has performed far worse than Vinay has, and he has played against weaker opposition. But there is no conspiracy against quick bowlers, as other members have been saying: Aaron, Yadav and Dinda have got plenty of opportunities.

Why is that worth banging your head for?
Because that will encourage other bowlers to become trundlers(we have a long history of that) and end up becoming useless in test and odi matches,especially abroad.Admit it these slow variations will work only in t20

Because that will encourage other bowlers to become trundlers(we have a long history of that) and end up becoming useless in test and odi matches' date='especially abroad.Admit it these slow variations will work only in t20[/quote'] Admit it that people are not so stupid to sacrifice natural pace to become a slow-medium bowler on the basis of IPL. If someone has natural speed, they have far more idols doing well at far more forms of cricket. If someone is a 125kph seamer, then it is fair enough to bowl a lot of variations to make the most of what you have. Slow variations do not only work in T20 either, they can work in 50 over cricket too towards the death. Adam Hollioake, Ian Harvey and Nathan Bracken all gained a lot of wickets by bowling a lot of cutters and slower balls. You need to be very good to pull it off, but it is a good path for a medium pacer, who does not move the ball much, to take in T20 and possibly at the death of 50 over cricket. I actually think Rajat Bhatia would be good in death overs in 50 over cricket. His record, even in the high level of the IPL is very good.

dunno why Shami Ahmed' date='Suyal,Tyagi are not being played[/quote'] Tyagi is hardly going 2 get any chance to play this IPL too. He is in Dhoni's team and Dhoni only encourages spinners. His strategies are always around the spinners. Tyagi was loaded with the team last year as well without hardly playing any match. It is his poor luck that he is struck with Dhoni's team. So, forget it.

Tyagi is hardly going 2 get any chance to play this IPL too. He is in Dhoni's team and Dhoni only encourages spinners. His strategies are always around the spinners. Tyagi was loaded with the team last year as well without hardly playing any match. It is his poor luck that he is struck with Dhoni's team. So, forget it.
Agree it is a curse for any fast bowler to play under Dhoni, especially if he is Indian, Tyagi wont get much chance and if he will he has to be superb, am keen to see Rahul Shukla, Suyal, Kamraan, Nechim, Tyagi. H Patel, is also another trundler along with P K, VK, Kulkarni. I hope the selectors move to Dinda, Gony, Tyagi, Suyal, VRV's, Ganguly is a good capt for fast bowlers to play under, also wanna see Z Patel, Pathan has bowled with good pace and Rhythm , bowled some good and some bad overs, he has to get his yorkers right and learn to bowl the one which goes away a bit wide of the crease with a bit bounce will be a good delivery to keep the batsmen honest.

Admit it that people are not so stupid to sacrifice natural pace to become a slow-medium bowler on the basis of IPL. If someone has natural speed, they have far more idols doing well at far more forms of cricket. If someone is a 125kph seamer, then it is fair enough to bowl a lot of variations to make the most of what you have. Slow variations do not only work in T20 either, they can work in 50 over cricket too towards the death. Adam Hollioake, Ian Harvey and Nathan Bracken all gained a lot of wickets by bowling a lot of cutters and slower balls. You need to be very good to pull it off, but it is a good path for a medium pacer, who does not move the ball much, to take in T20 and possibly at the death of 50 over cricket. I actually think Rajat Bhatia would be good in death overs in 50 over cricket. His record, even in the high level of the IPL is very good.
By ur logic praveen,vinay and irfan should have been the world's best bowlers.Have u forgotten what happened to us in these last few months when we were getting raped by even bangladesh?Praveen has greater variations than bhatia and he is our worst bowlers Harvey,holliake etc were allrounders and were not genuine wicket takers.Bracken was good but not good enough in tests And i meant youngsters watching the game could be influenced by the success of trundlers in ipl.

I am not arging that fast bowlers are better bowlers in T20 when compared to trundlers or Spinners as this game is a shrewd game but in One day"s and Tests- Fast ballers rule the toast - now even on asian tracks fast ballers are getting more or equal no of wickets. Jadeja did not get a fifer but batsman threw there wickets away in trying to score at rapid pace..... India has no derth of Spinners Iqbal abdulla Anket chavan Rahul sharma Kings eleven legspinner piyush Murli I wud go ahead and say that each and every state team has One good Spinner and there are many spinners who are better than west indies Naraine and many other international Spinners.... Ther are 6 spinners atleast of international class but only Umesh and Dinda are fast bowlers who can support Zak today all other medium pacers are not worth it..ishant is unfit. Kumars are trundler- irfan being an all rounder shud be a sure shot in one day teams.

Tyagi is hardly going 2 get any chance to play this IPL too. He is in Dhoni's team and Dhoni only encourages spinners. His strategies are always around the spinners. Tyagi was loaded with the team last year as well without hardly playing any match. It is his poor luck that he is struck with Dhoni's team. So, forget it.
but now they need Jakati as Jaddu is there.I'm hopeful once Hussey comes back,Tyagi will play instead of Bollinger

Just like Chennai is not going to give much chances to Tyagi, same can be said about MI. With Munaf Patel and RP Singh around, Nechim, Pawan Suyal or Rahul Shukla may not get many chances. Suyal and Shukla would have been better off with some of the other teams. MI, CSK and RC have been traditionally trundler supporter teams. Dinda definitely is going to get a lot of chances and so far he has bowled with good pace and control. Hope Yadav's injury is not serious. I hope Gony can recover from his awful performance and get to play a few matches. I hope at some point Shami Ahmed gets some chances for KKR.

but now they need Jakati as Jaddu is there.I'm hopeful once Hussey comes back' date='Tyagi will play instead of Bollinger[/quote'] I dont think CSK can afford to drop Bollinger. He is a proven performer in the IPL and has got some critical breakthroughs for Chennai.

Why is IPL fun for most people, not because of what AB or Viru can do , but the watch a Pandey, Suyal, not to watch a trundler but to find an exciting tyro, not to see a Dravid but to discover a Kohli.Teams a getting more and more players and I feel the rkkies or younger talent might be pushed aside, especially with CSK, RCB.How can a team pick up a Harmeet Singh lol over VRV , A Ahmed, P Parmeswaran lol.