Speed and Performance of Indian Fast bowlers in IPL

vishalvirsingh

Ordinary, but his last 2-3 seasons have been pretty good. He needs to perform in upcoming season and stake his claim. Thing is he is one of the few bowlers who have gained pace and he has gained pace since his DC debut up to 5-10K. He used to bowl 120-125K in FC cricket initially but now bowls up to 135K in FC where no bowler puts much pitches and concentrate on swing. Yesterday, he clocked 141 and his deliveries were flying through to the keeper. I am sure he is going to gain a bit more pace in next 1-2 years because he has good runup and good action. He is not flawed like Mithun and Aaron in terms of their action and runup respectively. If Aaron can sort his run up out, he will be clocking super speeds. Aaron is 22 and is already clocking faster speeds than what Yadav used to clock at 22.
honestly i want some one like aaron to be our third bowler he can be tight and diff from usual bowlers we have i owuld comment on kulkarni after this season:--D

People have praised him in match threads. This thread is for fast bowlers who clocks high speeds. Balaji isn't one' date=' neither he is a future prospect for team India.[/quote'] this is unfair :sad:

u r spot on about his age but u say he does not bowl phaasst so he is not needed
Look at the thread title. This thread is about fast bowlers and their speeds and performance. I didn't say he is useless. He is good for what he does, but thread is to talk about youngsters in IPL who can be India prospect.

u r spot on about his age but u say he does not bowl phaasst so he is not needed
India has in its long cricket history picked medium pacers mostly and have never been able to produce a single strike bowler in its history ( even though some of them were very skilled like Prabhakar, Binny etc.) Other countries like Australia, SAF, Pakistan and WI have mainly picked pacers who are either quick in the air or get steep bounce and zip from the pitch. They have produced tons of strike bowlers. So, why not give chance to quick or bouncy bowlers mainly for the next 10 years and see whether we can produce strike bowlers who manage to take wickets at a low average and strike rate.

Look at the thread title. This thread is about fast bowlers and their speeds and performance. I didn't say he is useless. He is good for what he does' date=' but thread is to talk about youngsters in IPL who can be India prospect.[/quote'] okies :reddy:

:reddy: but the problems is other country bowlers remain fast through out their career while our fast bowler lose their pace in 3 or 4 years again we will be left out without any experienced bowler :sad:
Most of us ( including I and you ) often consider the fastest spells of an Indian pacer as his normal speed and hence feel that he has lost pace. If we consider --- Zaheer, Nehra, Agarkar, Sreesanth, RP etc. are basically 130 k to 140 k bowlers and they are still that now. Irfan, PK, Vinay are basically 125 k to 135 k bowlers and they are still that. Only Munaf Patel has genuinely lost pace, from a 135 k to 145 k bowler to a 125 k to a 135 k bowler. Vinay bowled a couple of 140 k or more deliveries yesterday. Now, if we consider that his normal pace and then think that he has lost pace when he bowls 130 k then it would not be a correct assessment. 130 k is his normal speed. Similarly , Awana is a 132k to 142 k bowler and he is not genuinely fast. it would not be fair to assume that he has lost speed if he bowls around 136 k and does not bowl 144 k in a few mayches. Umesh, Aaron, Steyn, Morkel are all 137 k to 147 k bowlers and those 150 k+ deliveries are special efforts.

instant karma can bowl consistently at 145k. Just that he has to fix his action and add few more tricks to his bowling. He cares about pace though. his home page ishantworld.com biography section has an interesting opening line lol ishant.png lol beware his site has a malware i think

instant karma can bowl consistently at 145k. Just that he has to fix his action and add few more tricks to his bowling. He cares about pace though. his home page ishantworld.com biography section has an interesting opening line lol ishant.png lol beware his site has a malware i think
check out yadav and aaron today- these 2 guys will blow out KKR today and then will blow out DHONI 's CSK. See there aggression and Speed. when a fast bowler is angry he is doubly dangerous but some times if the aggression is not channeled in the right direction- i mean if they just bowl on offstump and out side off and not throw balls on the legstump- they are marked for SUCCESS. if they just bowl on offstump and outside offstump and bowl 143+....DD is winning this and both these guys are getting 2 to 3 wickets each. Yadav may even take 3 to 4 and may look to get another MOM. My prediction is DD wins this. DD can only beat CSK - KKR or Mumbai will not be able to beat CSK....... contenders are DD or CSK...if CSK comes in the FINALS with KKR or MUMBAI, CSK will win if it is CSK vs DD- it will be 55 percent DD and 45 percent CSK