Sign in to follow this  
vishalvirsingh

Speed and Performance of Indian Fast bowlers in IPL

This is called CLASS - this is called Fast bowling Steyn is Superb- so fast....155K deadly
he is my fav player :two_thumbs_up: i dont mind even him performing against us such gr8 accuracy at that pace he is rare wont be surprised if he is rated higher then mcgrath at end of his career

Steyn has bowled one of the best spells of express fast bowling i have seen. Fastest at 155ks.
when he is in rhythm every spell is fiery and unplayable format does not matter remember south africa v india on flat deck sachin in full flow.. he destroyed our batting even there :--D that spell made my day :dance:

Don't u guys remember Ishant touching 150K in previous IPL He was kinda fantastic and made me proud. We are missing him and want him back I tell u that guy will bounce back like a LION- somebody who has the capability to throw a ball at 140+ needs to just take care of his line n length and will be a huge success- Zak Ishu Umesh is our strongest pace AttacK with Varun Dinda and Nehra as back ups- Trundlers ignored.

For me Steyn I definitely the best fast baller ever n may be west Indies Garner or ambrose can compete against him. Mcgrath was never dreadful - but ambrose, Garner , Steyn create FEAR in a batsman"s mind. Ambrose ws close to 7 ft n so he was a beast of a baller......steyn and Morne morkel are similiar.

Don't u guys remember Ishant touching 150K in previous IPL He was kinda fantastic and made me proud. We are missing him and want him back I tell u that guy will bounce back like a LION- somebody who has the capability to throw a ball at 140+ needs to just take care of his line n length and will be a huge success- Zak Ishu Umesh is our strongest pace AttacK with Varun Dinda and Nehra as back ups- Trundlers ignored.
all i remember from Ishanth was bowling in OZ :giggle:

Steyn is the best fast bowler I have seen playing cricket, he makes the ball literally talk, can swing, seam, has extreme pace, can out think and scare batsmen with intimidation, MC Grath was a different kinda bowler and I think Steyn is a class above him, by the time he hangs his boots he might be called the best bowler of all times , including Wasim, Marshal, Holding , among what I have seen, I haven't seen someone bowl with this control combined with skill and aggressions consistently, and being fit for such a long time bowling at pace. Ishant bowled fantastically last IPL and even out bowled Steyn , he bowled in 150 "s , if the Indian bowlers can learn from Steyn they will make good progress, I hope Sreesanth is watching lol.

What can fast bowling do- I wanna explain this and hence sharing. One guy who has played with me and knows my strength n weakness, strength being full pitched and weakness being shoulder bouncers. This bowler bowled 4 bouncers - shoulder length balls going past my shoulder - first one I snicked and the Keeper missed as it ws a bit high n I got a 4. Second One was a catch between first slip n WK n both messed up. Third One I managed to defend. Fourth one went straight to WK after I edged at my shoulder.....I never felt so MISERABLE and helpless Batting. Actually I got out 3 times in 4 balls and Since then I have focussed a lot to learn how to handle bouncers or shoulder line bowling- I am still BAD though marginally better. I murder Spinners as I play them at front foot and I play them as slow bowlers not as turners or spinners - n I jst see where they r pitched n hit or jst see n hit n put bat to ball . Bcos of my strong 90+ kg frame and hard hit- fielders are advised to avoid touching my hits. Yusuf Pathan is exactly similiar to me- he SUCKS against fast bowling and he murders Spin. I advise yusuf to try and score singles against fast bowlers and Save his wicket n take on medium pacers and Spinners.

Nehra is a poor man"s Zak- if I as a IPL owner can't afford to buy Zak and I need a like to like replacement but lil inferior I will buy Nehra.....so if ZAk is unfit we shud play nehra.... GAnguly is like IMRAN Khan- very motivational. The old n week Nehra was also bowling 140K + regularly. Dinda was roarinG at 140 to 144K and virtually unplayable for batsman.
we would have loved it if he roared against bangla tigers in asia cup.he was just ordinary trundler there:((

Egzactly Dhoni needs to learn some leadership Skills from Dada..... Dhoni supports only Spinners and Trundlers and he is actually a step mother for fast bowlers- that's why unless dhoni improves no fast bowler will perform out of their Skin for him. In Cricket there is an Old Saying to not make a fast bowler angry- even if he can't get u out he can try his best to hurt you. Sachin is taking care of his finger - hurt by bollinger. Morne has retired hurt the new zealand Super star. If a average Fast bowler Say Sreesanth is in full flow - he can bowl an unplayable bouncer and get a Super Star batsman Like Kallis hurt and Out. I am sure you guys won't consider Sree as one of the deadly fast bowlers. Dinda is also like Sree an average fast bowler but needs to be motivated. Nehra bowled under 133K in world cup and yesterday except for 3 or 4 balls which were slow he was between 137 to 142.8K which are very deadly specially as he is a left arm fast bowler. Angle that a left armer creates is unplayable if its a cross angle fast at 142K for a right handy batsman.

Virat kohli 98.6 kmph
:giggle: But on a serious note, we should be looking to start giving new players more chances. Zaheer is old and out of form. So good opportunity for some unknown fast bowlers to show their value during this IPL

Patel has a nice action and bowled a couple balls at 135kph. He has some improving to do but I think he looks a good prospect.
Yeah. He has nice easy action to move the ball away and is a strong lad as well so may gain some pace as well. Clocked 138K fastest.

Speed gives lot of illusion. Ishant was clocking 140 plus comfortably in Australia.. He was the fastest in Australia. But they had more time to play Ishant than a medium pacer. They don't measure speed after pitching. Steyn was bowling lot of heavy balls due to beautiful seam position.

Speed gives lot of illusion. Ishant was clocking 140 plus comfortably in Australia.. He was the fastest in Australia. But they had more time to play Ishant than a medium pacer. They don't measure speed after pitching. Steyn was bowling lot of heavy balls due to beautiful seam position.
Well yeh. Hitting the seam position and bowling in the right areas makes someone seem much quicker than they are.

Umesh is not looking as impressive as he was in australia- I mean he bowled between 145 to 150 there and ws accurate , now he is between 137 to 145K so he is looking lil less impressive where as steyn has bowled between 140 to 155K and morne also between 140 to 147K Even brett lee also bowled 146 K so looks like Brett Steyn and Morne are bowling faster than Umesh where as I beleived Umesh cud be as fast as the three of them but looks Brett, Steyn and Morne r Good

Umesh is not looking as impressive as he was in australia- I mean he bowled between 145 to 150 there and ws accurate , now he is between 137 to 145K so he is looking lil less impressive where as steyn has bowled between 140 to 155K and morne also between 140 to 147K Even brett lee also bowled 146 K so looks like Brett Steyn and Morne are bowling faster than Umesh where as I beleived Umesh cud be as fast as the three of them but looks Brett, Steyn and Morne r Good
lol ...he has been bowling quicker then morne.. its not just speed wht i was impressed abt in first 2 games was that he was much more accurate thats wht u need in t20.. in tests its diff ball game and plz dont compare him with steyn.. he is once in thegeneration bowler and is very experinced yadav is no way near him

aussie spped guns are 5-6k faster than anywhere else in the world thats why siddle was clocking 152k :haha:

aussie spped guns are 5-6k faster than anywhere else in the world thats why siddle was clocking 152k :haha:
But Lee was still clocked slower than Yadav. Yadav is not trying to bowl too fast here which is evident.

But Lee was still clocked slower than Yadav. Yadav is not trying to bowl too fast here which is evident.
may be he cant try bowling fast fro some reason... may be this is the max speed he can bowl effortlessly..and if he go above that he may not sustain for longer :dontknow:

lol ...he has been bowling quicker then morne.. its not just speed wht i was impressed abt in first 2 games was that he was much more accurate thats wht u need in t20.. in tests its diff ball game and plz dont compare him with steyn.. he is once in thegeneration bowler and is very experinced yadav is no way near him
i was just comparing speeds...Umesh is too raw to compare to great fast bowlers like Morne, steyn adn brett lee - all the 3 are great fast bowlers having played a lot and Umesh may not reach where they are today even after 6 years.

where is shane warne's typhoon- Kamran khan i remember gayle murdered him once but that can happen to any bowler..i also knew that he was allowed to play and was possibly in Some IPL team

where is shane warne's typhoon- Kamran khan i remember gayle murdered him once but that can happen to any bowler..i also knew that he was allowed to play and was possibly in Some IPL team
He is in PUNE WARRIORS TEAM, hopefully he will get a chance.

We need to stop obsessing about Umesh's speed. It is now that he has to string the good performances together. I have faith that he can but we all know what his speed is. He averages at around 140kph, sometimes a bit quicker, sometimes a bit slower - it is stupid to make excuses every time he is below 140kph - it is clear to me that it just means he isn't in rhythm. He is not quite the pace of a primed Brett Lee or Shoaib Akhtar, but quick enough.

After he remodelled his action after chucking allegations, he rarely clocked over 130kph, iirc.

The retarded BCCI banned his action for chucking (some umpire in some Mumbai league). The poor lad had to change his action and now he is useless. ICC permits all chuckers anyway. He is contracted to PW.

may be he cant try bowling fast fro some reason... may be this is the max speed he can bowl effortlessly..and if he go above that he may not sustain for longer :dontknow:
He sustained 150k in Australia and was fastest bowler in CB series for all teams combined.

We need to stop obsessing about Umesh's speed. It is now that he has to string the good performances together. I have faith that he can but we all know what his speed is. He averages at around 140kph' date=' sometimes a bit quicker, sometimes a bit slower - it is stupid to make excuses every time he is below 140kph - it is clear to me that it just means he isn't in rhythm. He is not quite the pace of a primed Brett Lee or Shoaib Akhtar, but quick enough.[/quote'] Brett Lee was at his prime in 2002 at the age of 26, Yadav is 24, at the age of 23-24, both clocked similar speeds in tests. Watch Lee's speeds in 1999 MCG test.

He sustained 150k in Australia and was fastest bowler in CB series for all teams combined.
as many told OZ speed guns shows 4/5 km more compare to nay other even Ishanth used to clock more than 147 there

Umesh in fact has bowled well, with control , he is not trying to bowl fast here, he is bowling to a plan.Pace wise he is in Steyn 's category, he is coming of injury and bowling smarter I think, he has pace no doubt, and is bowling better now in ODI'S.

Umesh in fact has bowled well' date=' with control , he is not trying to bowl fast here, he is bowling to a plan.Pace wise he is in Steyn 's category, he is coming of injury and bowling smarter I think, he has pace no doubt, and is bowling better now in ODI'S.[/quote'] End of the day if he didnt take wickets or improved ER i doubt he will play every match his overall ER is above 8 i guess

Brett Lee was at his prime in 2002 at the age of 26' date=' Yadav is 24, at the age of 23-24, both clocked similar speeds in tests. Watch Lee's speeds in 1999 MCG test.[/quote'] That is fair enough. But remember that Brett Lee was not a great Test bowler when at his fastest. http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/6278.html?class=1;spanmax1=01+Jan+2005;spanmin1=01+Jan+2001;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling

as many told OZ speed guns shows 4/5 km more compare to nay other even Ishanth used to clock more than 147 there
Ishant is quick too. If speed guns were quick then they were quick for everyone, why not Brett Lee clocked 150 there? Yadav locked faster than all Aussie bowlers there.

Yeah agree. It is not all about pace. It is how one use pace with other skills like seam and swing and consistency. Yadav can move the ball, but he is not consistent enough and if he does not improve it, he will become just another ordinary fast bowler with promise even in tests with occasional brilliant spells like at Perth and at MCG and wont be a rare breed which Indian team needs. I fear this for Yadav. Whatever the format is, a bowler needs consistency whether one is a medium pacer or a fast bowler. Yadav has a great example in Steyn to emulate as both have similar approach and can bowl outswing at pace.

Ishant is quick too. If speed guns were quick then they were quick for everyone' date=' why not Brett Lee clocked 150 there? Yadav locked faster than all Aussie bowlers there.[/quote'] Ishant and Umesh bowled faster consistently and for their entire spells in Australia then the Aussie pacemen, Ishant, Aaron, Umesh WHEN PLAYING IN TANDEM COULD BE EASILY RATED AS THE FASTEST BOWLING ATTACK CURRENTLY AS THEY ALL CAN CROSS 150'K. That does not mean that pace is the only thing here, but a vital ingredient, Ishant is very tall gets bounce and seam when bowling well, Umesh is skiddy has a good short ball and can swing, Aaron can seam the ball and presents a good seam.What they all need to do is bowl consistently, to a plan, learn from Steyn how to conserve energy, attack the batsmen and bowl to a plan.Talent is useless without execution and hard work, fitness or else Sreesanth would be India's bowling spearhead. Argument would be I would rather see these or any other raw player given a chance then playing PK, VK, RP in test's , players who don't have any thing to offer in test's, or in ODI'S as a longterm option.

Ishant and Umesh bowled faster consistently and for their entire spells in Australia then the Aussie pacemen, Ishant, Aaron, Umesh WHEN PLAYING IN TANDEM COULD BE EASILY RATED AS THE FASTEST BOWLING ATTACK CURRENTLY AS THEY ALL CAN CROSS 150'K. That does not mean that pace is the only thing here, but a vital ingredient, Ishant is very tall gets bounce and seam when bowling well, Umesh is skiddy has a good short ball and can swing, Aaron can seam the ball and presents a good seam.What they all need to do is bowl consistently, to a plan, learn from Steyn how to conserve energy, attack the batsmen and bowl to a plan.Talent is useless without execution and hard work, fitness or else Sreesanth would be India's bowling spearhead. Argument would be I would rather see these or any other raw player given a chance then playing PK, VK, RP in test's , players who don't have any thing to offer in test's, or in ODI'S as a longterm option.
I think Aaron cannot play more Test cricket soon. He is not proven domestically like Yadav and Ishant. All great fast bowlers in the modern era have had a breakthrough domestic season. Dale Steyn debuted in England but was dropped and returned after a good domestic season in South Africa and then one in England. I respect your views. However, I cannot entertain any view that currently holds Ishant as a superior Test match bowler to Praveen. Keeping in mind I treat the formats separately (a great player in one is a great player in all formats, but no Indian bowler is 'great', except perhaps Zaheer), Praveen and Ishant played together in England and Praveen was the far superior bowler. He was let down by a lack of support and was unlucky at times not to pick up more wickets, beating the bat as he did very often with the new ball(s).

brett lee did not break the 145k barrier in west inides series only on channel 9 guns he breaks 145 check kfc bigbash he was mostly low 140s high 130s

siddle struggling to break 145k barrier now in windies yet was clocking 150+ quite a few times in austrailia even in sa siddle was late 130s mostly on ten sport speed guns. even mohamamd amir clocked 95mph in austraila at age 18 :laugh: tells you everything about channel 9 speed guns

siddle struggling to break 145k barrier now in windies yet was clocking 150+ quite a few times in austrailia even in sa siddle was late 130s mostly on ten sport speed guns. even mohamamd amir clocked 95mph in austraila at age 18 :laugh: tells you everything about channel 9 speed guns
Conditions and pitches also encourage and discourage bowlers to bowl quick. You have no clue. Why would Siddle try and bowl 150 in the heat when there is nothing in the pitch. Regarding Yadav, she clocked 150 and 152 last IPL.

what about in sa why was siddle mostly late 130s and low 140s in the aus v india series temperature was mostly in the 30s which is about the same as the temperature in the current winides v aus test

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.