Speed and Performance of Indian Fast bowlers in IPL

vishalvirsingh

Abu Nechim can better this in future & there is not a huge gulf in the performance. Abu can perform well in the Indian team in the future as he's just 23 right now but Munaf has no future with the national team though I believe he is still better than any Kumars right now in the ODIs & T20.
sorry if you are talking about National cricket...all i am talking about is within IPL sorry again

Agree it is a curse for any fast bowler to play under Dhoni, especially if he is Indian, Tyagi wont get much chance and if he will he has to be superb, am keen to see Rahul Shukla, Suyal, Kamraan, Nechim, Tyagi. H Patel, is also another trundler along with P K, VK, Kulkarni. I hope the selectors move to Dinda, Gony, Tyagi, Suyal, VRV's, Ganguly is a good capt for fast bowlers to play under, also wanna see Z Patel, Pathan has bowled with good pace and Rhythm , bowled some good and some bad overs, he has to get his yorkers right and learn to bowl the one which goes away a bit wide of the crease with a bit bounce will be a good delivery to keep the batsmen honest.
Here's the point. Ganguly was a very good captain to encourage fast bowlers. He still has that quality even after retiring so many years ago. Ganguly gave us so many fast bowlers like Zaheer, Nehra and new refreshing Javagal Srinath. It proves that captaincy plays a big part to develop fast bowlers, especially in this T20 format in Indian conditions. It is a curse for an Indian fast bowler to play under Dhoni's captaincy

Again KKR went with 2 pacers in 2 matches..in first its Lee and Lange (may be SHami is better than lange i dont know) next they went with Lee and Kallis (again we can debate whether Shami should have replaced one of them)
Gambhir is another captain whose selection has always been weird, also in intl matches whatever he has captained. He prepares team around his bestest friend Rajat Bhatia who is 33 yr oldie, with no chance to play intl cricket. Gambhir also aupports spinners more than fast bowlers. Or rather I should say, Gambhir don't insist on developing a single fast bowler out of this IPL as he has option of developing Shami Ahmed

Gambhir is another captain whose selection has always been weird' date=' also in intl matches whatever he has captained. He prepares team around his bestest friend Rajat Bhatia who is 33 yr oldie, with no chance to play intl cricket. Gambhir also aupports spinners more than fast bowlers.[/quote'] Bhatia has been an excellent bowler in the IPL and a handy batsman. He would get into any IPL team who thought about their selections.

Abu Nechim is overrated by members here. He can bowl the odd spell over 140kph and he is good when he does that but he spends most of his time at 135kph which is good slogging pace. His pace is not something to write home about. Bowling occasionally 140kph in T20 is a pretty regular thing to do for bowlers outside India. He is good for Mumbai Indians, but no more than fast-medium, most of the time and I'd imagine more medium-fast in longer forms of the game.

Gambhir is another captain whose selection has always been weird, also in intl matches whatever he has captained. He prepares team around his bestest friend Rajat Bhatia who is 33 yr oldie, with no chance to play intl cricket. Gambhir also aupports spinners more than fast bowlers. Or rather I should say, Gambhir don't insist on developing a single fast bowler out of this IPL as he has option of developing Shami Ahmed
i ahve already said its not Captains/owners/coaches job to develop cricketers for Indian team.. as for Bhatia is considered he is there for batting :giggle: and part time bowling :giggle: :giggle:

Bhatia has been an excellent bowler in the IPL and a handy batsman. He would get into any IPL team who thought about their selections. To a captain, Shami may appear in the nets to be someone who just has a little bit of pace but other than that, is ordinary. Personally, he has performed well domestically and so I think he is worth selection but look at it from Gambhir's point of view.
Bhatia is a bits and pieces of player. I would even take Balaji in place of Bhatia as Balaji can bat a bit and can hit big shots. About, I'd buy your point about Shami Ahmed. He might not be impressed with Shami Ahmed in nets. But, IMO, IPL can be good platform to develop any upcoming player. But seems like KKR team always plays under immense pressure and are not enjoying their game

i ahve already said its not Captains/owners/coaches job to develop cricketers for Indian team.. as for Bhatia is considered he is there for batting :giggle: and part time bowling :giggle: :giggle:
But they say that IPL is a big platform for upcoming talents and Shami Ahmed is a very good talent and has performed exceptionally well in domestic. But, as MSB said, Gambhir might not have impressed with Shami in nets, that could be 1 main reason

But they say that IPL is a big platform for upcoming talents and Shami Ahmed is a very good talent and has performed exceptionally well in domestic. But' date=' as MSB said, Gambhir might not have impressed with Shami in nets, that could be 1 main reason[/quote'] they say...but its not their primary concern.. even if Shami impressed in netes it will be a big call to replace Lee with him as many teasm now going with 2 phassst + 2 spinners and rest part timers

Bhatia is a bits and pieces of player. I would even take Balaji in place of Bhatia as Balaji can bat a bit and can hit big shots.
Bhatia has been one of the top performing IPL bowlers. 'Bits and pieces' doesn't mean anything. He bowls as well as any bowler. He doesn't bowl in every game, but that is a problem with captains rather than the bowler. He has batted poorly in IPL, but his bowling record is as good as any Indian. http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Players/7/7489/tt_Bowling_by_Team.html

Abu Nechim is overrated by members here. He can bowl the odd spell over 140kph and he is good when he does that but he spends most of his time at 135kph which is good slogging pace. His pace is not something to write home about. Bowling occasionally 140kph in T20 is a pretty regular thing to do for bowlers outside India. He is good for Mumbai Indians, but no more than fast-medium, most of the time and I'd imagine more medium-fast in longer forms of the game.
He has the ability to bowl good outswingers at good pace,85mph+ for a long spell. That's more than good enough to be successful at the highest level.He's just 23 & can improve his pace,accuracy,variation & be a very good bowler for India in 2 years time.He's not medium-fast by any means.He's a hostile fast-medium bowler.

Bhatia has been one of the top performing IPL bowlers. 'Bits and pieces' doesn't mean anything.]
a top performing bowler is someone like malinga or rp singh who appeared at the top of the lists for the season. where did bhatia appear in the top 5 of any of the seasons? A " bit and pieces" players does not have enough skills to influence matches often. even rubbish bowlers escape punishment sometimes under the flow of ODI's and T20.overall their value is mediocre and less than that A highly gifted player in his place may have actually won a match. garbage data do not show their value in matches.

Bhatia has been an excellent bowler in the IPL and a handy batsman. He would get into any IPL team who thought about their selections. To a captain, Shami may appear in the nets to be someone who just has a little bit of pace but other than that, is ordinary. Personally, he has performed well domestically and so I think he is worth selection but look at it from Gambhir's point of view.
its not just little bit of pace i dont think he is even that quick but he has that deadly swing... and potential..and u can see that potential easily after ipl was supposed to develop some good players right ? anyway i dont mind him not playing.. its not like players are gonna improve here he should stick with ranji.. perform well next year.. im sure no body would keep him out then :D

its not just little bit of pace i dont think he is even that quick but he has that deadly swing... and potential..and u can see that potential easily after ipl was supposed to develop some good players right ? anyway i dont mind him not playing.. its not like players are gonna improve here he should stick with ranji.. perform well next year.. im sure no body would keep him out then :D
Hope Dinda makes it to India's Test Bench against NZ , ENg. So that he can get enough opportunities at Bengal.

Hope Dinda makes it to India's Test Bench against NZ ' date=' ENg. So that he can get enough opportunities at Bengal.[/quote'] i want to see dinda bowl lil more right now.. his biggest strength actually is to bowl long spells in ranji he picked so many wickets.. maybehe can amek it in tests but tbh his skills are not suited for tests he can be a very goo odi bowler tests idk..i think ipl is not the best place to judge these guys dinda did moved the ball but can he move older ball? and bowl at right channel for 6-7 overs in trot.. u cant see these things here :wall: we need 2-3 good bowlers otherwise i think now we will even lose at home :(

I definitely think Dinda is worth a try in Test matches.
yep when u consider other bowlers.. nothing to lose i guess :two_thumbs_up: when he bowls u jsut know he will get better and better later on in spell thats his strength has been impressive in ipl so far got some movement more then that guy is confident..its unusual thing for our tundlers ;P

Nehra is a poor man"s Zak- if I as a IPL owner can't afford to buy Zak and I need a like to like replacement but lil inferior I will buy Nehra.....so if ZAk is unfit we shud play nehra.... GAnguly is like IMRAN Khan- very motivational. The old n week Nehra was also bowling 140K + regularly. Dinda was roarinG at 140 to 144K and virtually unplayable for batsman.