Speed and Performance of Indian Fast bowlers in IPL

vishalvirsingh

Umesh in fact has bowled well' date=' with control , he is not trying to bowl fast here, he is bowling to a plan.Pace wise he is in Steyn 's category, he is coming of injury and bowling smarter I think, he has pace no doubt, and is bowling better now in ODI'S.[/quote'] End of the day if he didnt take wickets or improved ER i doubt he will play every match his overall ER is above 8 i guess

Brett Lee was at his prime in 2002 at the age of 26' date=' Yadav is 24, at the age of 23-24, both clocked similar speeds in tests. Watch Lee's speeds in 1999 MCG test.[/quote'] That is fair enough. But remember that Brett Lee was not a great Test bowler when at his fastest. http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/6278.html?class=1;spanmax1=01+Jan+2005;spanmin1=01+Jan+2001;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling

as many told OZ speed guns shows 4/5 km more compare to nay other even Ishanth used to clock more than 147 there
Ishant is quick too. If speed guns were quick then they were quick for everyone, why not Brett Lee clocked 150 there? Yadav locked faster than all Aussie bowlers there.

Yeah agree. It is not all about pace. It is how one use pace with other skills like seam and swing and consistency. Yadav can move the ball, but he is not consistent enough and if he does not improve it, he will become just another ordinary fast bowler with promise even in tests with occasional brilliant spells like at Perth and at MCG and wont be a rare breed which Indian team needs. I fear this for Yadav. Whatever the format is, a bowler needs consistency whether one is a medium pacer or a fast bowler. Yadav has a great example in Steyn to emulate as both have similar approach and can bowl outswing at pace.

Ishant is quick too. If speed guns were quick then they were quick for everyone' date=' why not Brett Lee clocked 150 there? Yadav locked faster than all Aussie bowlers there.[/quote'] Ishant and Umesh bowled faster consistently and for their entire spells in Australia then the Aussie pacemen, Ishant, Aaron, Umesh WHEN PLAYING IN TANDEM COULD BE EASILY RATED AS THE FASTEST BOWLING ATTACK CURRENTLY AS THEY ALL CAN CROSS 150'K. That does not mean that pace is the only thing here, but a vital ingredient, Ishant is very tall gets bounce and seam when bowling well, Umesh is skiddy has a good short ball and can swing, Aaron can seam the ball and presents a good seam.What they all need to do is bowl consistently, to a plan, learn from Steyn how to conserve energy, attack the batsmen and bowl to a plan.Talent is useless without execution and hard work, fitness or else Sreesanth would be India's bowling spearhead. Argument would be I would rather see these or any other raw player given a chance then playing PK, VK, RP in test's , players who don't have any thing to offer in test's, or in ODI'S as a longterm option.

Ishant and Umesh bowled faster consistently and for their entire spells in Australia then the Aussie pacemen, Ishant, Aaron, Umesh WHEN PLAYING IN TANDEM COULD BE EASILY RATED AS THE FASTEST BOWLING ATTACK CURRENTLY AS THEY ALL CAN CROSS 150'K. That does not mean that pace is the only thing here, but a vital ingredient, Ishant is very tall gets bounce and seam when bowling well, Umesh is skiddy has a good short ball and can swing, Aaron can seam the ball and presents a good seam.What they all need to do is bowl consistently, to a plan, learn from Steyn how to conserve energy, attack the batsmen and bowl to a plan.Talent is useless without execution and hard work, fitness or else Sreesanth would be India's bowling spearhead. Argument would be I would rather see these or any other raw player given a chance then playing PK, VK, RP in test's , players who don't have any thing to offer in test's, or in ODI'S as a longterm option.
I think Aaron cannot play more Test cricket soon. He is not proven domestically like Yadav and Ishant. All great fast bowlers in the modern era have had a breakthrough domestic season. Dale Steyn debuted in England but was dropped and returned after a good domestic season in South Africa and then one in England. I respect your views. However, I cannot entertain any view that currently holds Ishant as a superior Test match bowler to Praveen. Keeping in mind I treat the formats separately (a great player in one is a great player in all formats, but no Indian bowler is 'great', except perhaps Zaheer), Praveen and Ishant played together in England and Praveen was the far superior bowler. He was let down by a lack of support and was unlucky at times not to pick up more wickets, beating the bat as he did very often with the new ball(s).

But Lee was still clocked slower than Yadav. Yadav is not trying to bowl too fast here which is evident.
brett lee did not break the 145k barrier in west inides series only on channel 9 guns he breaks 145 check kfc bigbash he was mostly low 140s high 130s

But Lee was still clocked slower than Yadav. Yadav is not trying to bowl too fast here which is evident.
siddle struggling to break 145k barrier now in windies yet was clocking 150+ quite a few times in austrailia even in sa siddle was late 130s mostly on ten sport speed guns. even mohamamd amir clocked 95mph in austraila at age 18 :laugh: tells you everything about channel 9 speed guns

siddle struggling to break 145k barrier now in windies yet was clocking 150+ quite a few times in austrailia even in sa siddle was late 130s mostly on ten sport speed guns. even mohamamd amir clocked 95mph in austraila at age 18 :laugh: tells you everything about channel 9 speed guns
Conditions and pitches also encourage and discourage bowlers to bowl quick. You have no clue. Why would Siddle try and bowl 150 in the heat when there is nothing in the pitch. Regarding Yadav, she clocked 150 and 152 last IPL.

People cannot bowl their full pace all the time. They are incapable of doing so, on certain days. A quick pitch will encourage speed but a bowler cannot bowl full pace all the time, otherwise most of them would do so, a lot more of the time. The question is, what is the point of this discussion?

what about in sa why was siddle mostly late 130s and low 140s in the aus v india series temperature was mostly in the 30s which is about the same as the temperature in the current winides v aus test
Siddle was not at his full tilt all time but he did clock 148K even in SA test series. He was the fastest bowler. He himself had admitted that he was not at his best in that series in terms of fitness and rhythm. No bowler clocks highest speeds in every series. These are their top speeds not average speed. Siddle or Yadav is not Lee or Akthar. Lee and Akhtar's top speeds were in excess of high 150s around 156-157K, but it does not mean they were clocking 157K every time in their primes. They too mostly hovered around 145K-150. Similarly Yadav and Siddle's top pace is around 152k and then they mostly hovers around 140-145K.

People cannot bowl their full pace all the time. They are incapable of doing so' date=' on certain days. A quick pitch will encourage speed but a bowler cannot bowl full pace all the time, otherwise most of them would do so, a lot more of the time. The question is, what is the point of this discussion?[/quote'] Point of discussion is Panther wants to tell that Yadav and Siddle didn't actually bowl 152, it was those speed guns who enables their increased speeds.

theres no doubt that channel 9 speed guns show higher speeds than other speed guns used by other channels. example of all aussie bowlers shows this in comparison with when they go abroad as for yadav i have seen him clock 147 or 148k v west indies so im not doubting his ability to hit 150k his 154k ball in aus would prolly be around 149k on a ten sport, skysport or neo speed gun. another example is ishant sharma his speed went up 5ks in austraila in comparison with when he was in england and india

Point of discussion is Panther wants to tell that Yadav and Siddle didn't actually bowl 152' date=' it was those speed guns who enables their increased speeds.[/quote'] But I think everyone involved is missing why this is important. 150kph is an arbitrary number based on an arbitrary speed and distance measuring system. It means nothing. It shows no comparison through generations as speed guns are relatively modern. Someone on CricketWeb raised a good point that speed guns are only useful for comparing the speed of bowlers who are playing in the same game and I wish to add to this by saying they are useful within around 5kph average speed of judging the relative speed of bowlers across games. Nit picking over top speeds of bowlers is pointless. It means nothing. The speed over a spell means something; individual deliveries do not mean anything.

check the hawk eye for the india v england series ishants fastest in 1st test = 90.9 mph ishant fastest in 2nd test= 90.5 mph ishant fastest in 3rd test = 87.6 mph ishant fastest in 4th test= 87.7 mph http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-india-2011/engine/series/474450.html
Ishant had played 7 tests in 2 months and had bowled close 300 overs. No bowler can sustain high pace in sucg a load. Regarding speed guns, they are not uniform and they show different speeds in different country. In 2010 ashes in Aus, even Finn wasnt clocking over 140.

RP Singh has gone from purple cap at one point to being an after thought..... This is why I hate the Mumbai Indians and also the reason why I think that players should get a say in where they go. ie A player should be able to refuse to be auctioned to a team in this case because of fear of getting playing time......

Ishant had played 7 tests in 2 months and had bowled close 300 overs. No bowler can sustain high pace in sucg a load. Regarding speed guns' date= they are not uniform and they show different speeds in different country. In 2010 ashes in Aus, even Finn wasnt clocking over 140.
yes that was my point