ICC World T20, 2012 SriLanka

Feed

ICC World T20, 2012 SriLanka  

1. 1.

Indian fans who celebrated in streets or those assembled in mumbai streets when Indian team after we won the T20 World cup didnt think like that.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: People did the same when Wadekar returned from Ingerland. So that is also a World Cup. Let's start naming series based on dancers on the street.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: People did the same when Wadekar returned from Ingerland. So that is also a World Cup. Let's start naming series based on dancers on the street.
Don't want to harp about the semantics, but.... Isn't the team that wins the T 20 (world) cup titled as the World T 20 champions? If they are titled world champions, why can't this be considered a 'world cup'? Granted that it is not as prestigious or competitive as the ODI WC, but it still is a WC.

India is winning this, if we take this competition seriously enough and send our best team that is. :isalute: From what I gather, this is a minnow tournament. For minnow teams, this is the most important tournament of the year where they get to play against others whose main job is to play cricket professionally and some get some autographs to cherish with their families. Top teams naturally consider this competition as a waste of time and generally decide to give some playing time to their bench/untested players. This September, at the world T 20, I understand that India will be playing a few friendlies with the following minnows: Afghanistan Ireland Zimbabwe Pakistan

I fail to see why Sehwag & Zaheer should be included in the T20 team. They have no done much for India T20...& also didnt have the best of IPL season. Both are slow in the field...keep them out of the team. Heck...the selectors should try the template they adopted when they selected the team for the 1st T20 WC which India won.

I was referring to the world cup match against SA though.
Even in that game we lost it rather than SA winning it. India were 267/1 in 40 overs before they imploded spectacularly to lose 9 wkts for 29 runs. That performance was one of those things which happens once in a blue moon and not something that will happen with monotonous regularity. If anything it showed if India hadn't shot themselves in the foot by trying to go for a total in excess of 360-370 and had simply played normally they would have won the game easily. In fact SA had plenty of questions after the game as their bowling attack was one-dimensional on sub-continental tracks with Morkel & Steyn utterly ineffective before the implosion at the end - more due to batsmen going for quick runs than anything else. Even after the game India was a huge favorite to win the tourney along with SA and nothing much changed on that front.
thanks man, sure i get the link. I have lost interest in this forum, it appears too restrictive too many bosses around. You guys have fun.. good bye folks, it was fun while it lasted. rock on sukas .. :two_thumbs_up:
dude ur leaving at wrong time be a nice lungi and stay till start of matches u will see real icf then :--D

For the sake of Indian cricket and going by the record I hope we loose and that would be the last straw, Dhoni, Fletcher, Cheeka fired , what a mess, that have turned a good ranked INDIAN team to an embarrassment. India does have enough firepower in the subcontinent and can very well win , Raina, Gambhir, Sehwag, Rahane, Rohit, Irfan, Kohli, Dhoni, Zak, Umesh, Aaron if fit,Awana, Shami, Ashwin, Rahul,Mandeep SHOULD BE OUR SQUAD. Last year was horrible and what drives the BCCI is revenue and they realize that public interest and money coming in as a result is affected, I hope we don't see the same failures being pushed in the team by Cheeka and Dhoni, PK, VK, Mithun.

Pakistan announce T20 Squad v Australia and WC Wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal has been named in Pakistan's 15-man squad for the Twenty20s against Australia in August, and September's World Twenty20. Kamran, who was cleared by the PCB's integrity committee earlier this month, has not played for Pakistan since the 2011 World Cup. Batsman Imran Nazir, who last played for Pakistan in February 2010, and allrounder Abdul Razzaq have also made the squad for both tournaments. None of these three players has a central contract. Mohammad Hafeez, who was named Pakistan's Twenty20 captain ahead of the just-concluded Sri Lanka tour, will continue to lead. According to the PCB release that announced the squad, Hafeez has been named captain 'till the end of 2012'. Opener Nasir Jamshed, who was ruled out of the Sri Lanka tour after fracturing his left index finger, is fit and has been picked in this squad. Squad: Mohammad Hafeez (capt), Imran Nazir, Nasir Jamshed, Kamran Akmal (wk), Asad Shafiq, Shoaib Malik, Abdul Razzaq, Shahid Afridi, Yasir Arafat, Umar Akmal, Saeed Ajmal, Raza Hasan, Umar Gul, Mohammad Sami, Sohail Tanvir More to follow ... http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/story/572765.html