England vs South Africa 2012

I'm really looking forward to this series. Only 3 tests unfortunately because of the ODI series vs Australia. Home bullies vs Away bullies. :woot: Plenty to look forward to... Smith v Pussy: Smith loves batting in England - 2 doubles in 2003, the follow-on knock at Lord's and the epic at Edgbaston on the previous tour. Hoggard did trouble him in SA by bringing the ball back into him and Pussy will look to do the same. Pussy's record vs lefthanders in recent times has been brilliant, as Sanga found out. Morkel v Cook: Round the wicket and taking the ball away. Another excellent bowler to left handers. Cook tends to nick off early because he is so intent on his head position and not falling over. Kallis: Got knocked over by full length deliveries last time from the likes of Sidebottom and Flintoff. Big series for him given his lack of success in Ingerland. Steyn: Another player who hasn't had success in Ingerland though it must be said that he hasn't played much and he wasn't as good in '08. He has bowled pretty well recently but hasn't picked up a bag full of wickets. Philander: Started off his county stint this year with 7 wickets and conditions should suit his style of bowling. This series will tell us more about how good he is. Ab: Nothing to be said. Hope he makes runs just for the sheer entertainment he provides. FIGJAM: Loves playing his old mates. Early predictions?

England for me as well though I wouldn't write SA off. SA are likely to have atleast 1 batting collapse. Kallis has been knocked over cheaply quite often recently. He has made it count when he has got in but signs are there.
Agreed. I don't see Kallis scoring a lot of runs in this series if the conditions are similar to what India got last summer.