Five million hits for July - Doubled from June

King

Monthly Statistics for July 2007 We hit about 2.5 million hits in the month of June and we have doubled the hits in the month of July. That doesn't mean I'm raking rich for some that think so :tounge_smile: It's good to see the website doing very well and an improvement every month. I thought the hits will increase what with the India v Eng series this month but never thought it was going to double. july1.gifjuly2.gifjuly3.gifjuly4.gifjuly5.gif

There's gotto be a way to convert all these hits into some sort of substantial revenue , really. 5 million is a HUGE figure. Maybe if we make the right moves , we could get somewhere. And surely , i am not trying to sound " commercial" here. Heck , you guys could even donate the money to charity if you prefer , just to avoid some ridiculous allegations of personal profiteering from this site.

Our spendings are way more than what we make for now Sriram but that is not a concern. First thing is to establish the website well enough and then the rest will flow.
And this may seem a little off-topic Ravi. Just in case this site does grow and becomes a commercially profitable entity in the near-future, you guys ( I mean you , along with the founding members and others who help run/maintain it) have full rights to claim the profits. After all , you guys started it and run it. There is absolutely no need to feel defensive about making money from this site. And I see your point about a long way still for this site to go. Lets hope ICF gets there ! :thumbs_up:

We don't feel defensive at all Sriram. In fact we believe in democracy (am sure rest will vouch for it). If at all we become big we can share equity among the top 20 or 50 posters :D
Hehe, that'd lead to a lotta useless one liner posts Ravi :D.. Better would be to just put all the earnings into the ICF account that's used only for the site (ads, new servers, more bandwidth, etc etc)

We don't feel defensive at all Sriram. In fact we believe in democracy (am sure rest will vouch for it). If at all we become big we can share equity among the top 20 or 50 posters :D
Which is perfectly understandable and which is precisely the reason i couldnt understand why someone would have problem with that , as they had earlier. Anyways, dont want to distract from the good news. Great work guys ! A lot of credit should go to Rajeev, Predator and Cricketics ( for their videos) , Dhondy ( for his outstanding articles ) , The admins ( for making this site user friendly ) and finally the mods ( for making it such an open forum of discussion)

And this may seem a little off-topic Ravi. Just in case this site does grow and becomes a commercially profitable entity in the near-future, you guys ( I mean you , along with the founding members and others who help run/maintain it) have full rights to claim the profits. After all , you guys started it and run it. There is absolutely no need to feel defensive about making money from this site. And I see your point about a long way still for this site to go. Lets hope ICF gets there ! :thumbs_up:
..if that were to happen, we will invest in development. Something on the lines of live commentary, willow type video feed etc I seriously hope we do that

Which is perfectly understandable and which is precisely the reason i couldnt understand why someone would have problem with that , as they had earlier. Anyways, dont want to distract from the good news. Great work guys ! A lot of credit should go to Predator and Cricketics ( for their videos) , Dhondy ( for his outstanding articles ) , The admins ( for making this site user friendly ) and finally the mods ( for making it such an open forum of discussion)
..sure leave the guy out who gives you the most! (..j/k, I haven't watched TV since 2nd test )