I hate it when something like this happens

Zap_Brannigan

A couple of months back i wanted to buys a few things from a website for around 200$. Since i dont have a credit card(yes....i am a caveman), i wanted to use paypal. So i had to wait a few days before the funds from my bank account was transferred to my paypal account before i could pay. So i just ordered the items and i didnt pay for them. They made a mistake and shipped me the items without receiving any money. Not only did they do that, but they duplicated my order and sent me a request to pay for the new order. So i called them, explained that this was a mistake. So they canceled the new order and said that i didnt owe them anything, but i already had the stuff i didnt pay for. So i called them again, explained again and i finally paid for the stuff i got.....a week after i got it. Now i just got an email from paypal saying that i was refunded the amount i paid them cos i canceled the order. I tried to be honest. I already called them twice. Now i have to do it again??!!How stupid can they get! Or i could donate the 200$ to the next charity i come across..... I am not planning on keeping the money..... not cos i am a nice guy but bcos the guilt will eat me away.

Like i said, i am not averse to keeping the money .....its just that i wont sleep at night properly knowing that its not mine....Its just 200$ and not a million dollars. I don't think i want to compromise my principles for this amount.....Maybe if it was a few thousand dollars, then i would be tempted.

Like i said' date=' i am not averse to keeping the money .....its just that i wont sleep at night properly knowing that its not mine....Its just 200$ and not a million dollars. I don't think i want to compromise my principles for this amount.....Maybe if it was a few thousand dollars, then i would be tempted.[/quote'] As long as you hadnt willfully cheated or try to cheat anyone , you are fine. You can inform the guys of the problem once. If they still dont do anything , I say , live happily with what is left with you ! And I still dont see the reason for your guilt. You have done what you could , there is no need to feel guilty.

Guest dada_rocks

I had that predicament with my charity donation. KOA kept insisting I have sent them the usual sum for this year twice. I looked all over could not find my credit card or bank account credited. At the end I told them to pay for another kid without actually paying for it.

Now i just got an email from paypal saying that i was refunded the amount i paid them cos i canceled the order. I tried to be honest. I already called them twice. Now i have to do it again??!!How stupid can they get! Or i could donate the 200$ to the next charity i come across.....
Make one more call Zoots. I mean clearly you can not keep the money. Plus there is no point in giving the money to charity when the money doesnt belong to you. Who the hell knows if some poor sod at the company might lose his commission in this whole situation. Pretty frustrating I agree but do the right thing. :thumbs_up: xxx

Make one more call Zoots. I mean clearly you can not keep the money. Plus there is no point in giving the money to charity when the money doesnt belong to you. Who the hell knows if some poor sod at the company might lose his commission in this whole situation. Pretty frustrating I agree but do the right thing. :thumbs_up: xxx
Its no Zoot, its Zap :tounge_smile:

Dont give a damn about it Zap... i can tell you from experience that being honest with big corporations is quite fruitless and unrewarding. As long as this store is a small, local business or one with a record of responsibility, and some exceptions such as Amazon etc, sit back and enjoy.