Dravids captaincy at Trent Bridge

Sooda

Wasnt great was it? On the 4th day.. Why did Gangs and Tendulkar bowl as much as they did? Why was Zak given 5 over bursts- especially in the morning when he was giving Vaughan a torrid time -he SO should have stayed on longer Before the second new ball was taken there was a half hour spell when Tendlkar was bowling his ermm..stuff and Kumble (who had a cr@p day) was at the other end. They were getting battered. WHY? Why Sachin when you could have had RPS bowling a burst. Had they even Bt Sree and Zak on for an over each with the older ball it would have got the looseners out of the way and got them bowling at full tilt with the 2nd new ball. (as it happened Zak went for 3 fours in his first over with the 2nd new ball) And check this out, Sree and Zak were given like 4 overs each with the 2nd new ball- and Ganguly comes on again!!! Even I could see that this was NOT like the first innings- there was no real assistance for a bowler like ganguly I think Dravid feels obliged to give SRT and SG a bit of a bowl whenever they ask for it. I was at Trent Bridge for the 4th day- was looking to sell the tkts- glad I didnt!!...

his captaincy was great, cause he didn't stop trying different bowlers. of course he cannot make the exact sequence of bowling changes that someone else would have liked. one thing i thought he could have done differently was before taking the new ball to get sree and zak back in the attack to get their line and lengths right. sree expectedly started wasting the new ball and even zak was a little wayward to start with.

He didnt make much tactical mistakes - my observation. He was always average tactically and that was enough here. Where he usually lacks, in terms of motivation, was offset by a fired up Zak and Sreesanth rattling their batters' nerves.... Clearly Prasad-effect is also showing. What also doused my anger from the Lord's performance of captain Dravid was he didnt try too hard to control the agression of the players. all in all, I dont think, he gave much room to complain in this test, except that he was a little clueless when Vaughn was making merry, but that was expected in flattest of batting conditions...