Alternate Team names thread

CoverDrive

you have to accept that the team names really suck big time. Royal Challengers, Knight Riders (what were they smoking while thinking this up?), Kings XI Punjab - seriously!!! Chennai Superkings, Delhi Daredevils, Mumbai Indians are pretty meh too what would you name the teams you support

you have to accept that the team names really suck big time. Royal Challengers, Knight Riders (what were they smoking while thinking this up?), Kings XI Punjab - seriously!!! Chennai Superkings, Delhi Daredevils, Mumbai Indians are pretty meh too what would you name the teams you support
Thats Mallya alcohol brand name :giggle:

i know and that really sucks!! I am from Bangalore and the Mallyas make me support the team less than i want to. Bangalore torpedos anyone?
Nah that looks old word something related to IT or greenery :winky:

To me one important thing is for team names to make sense..... this is what I think The Maharastra teams seem to think they are the best patriotic people in India thats the reason why they feel compelled to add India in their team name..... I don't know why the Pune Warriors India cant just be the Pune Warriors? Or what is the need to call the Mumbai team "Indians" as if we were confused if Mumbai is in India or Pakistan.... its also kind of ironic that nothing of that team represents India 4 foreign players, 3 Mumbai players rest from Hyderabad, however this is beside the point. I don't understand Kings XI Punjab name either ie which King are they referring to? ... AFAIK, there were many kingdoms and kings in the Punjab area, If a London team called themselves Queens XI that would make sense as there is only one Queen.... Rajasthan Royals makes the most sense as that part of India is know for its royalty Chennai Super Kings, Delhi Dare Devils, Kolkata Knight Riders are just abstract names..... DD and KKR have rhyming names, where as the Chennai Super Kings don't only rhyme but also the team mascot makes no sense, What does a lion have to do with a "Super King" may they were thinking of Narnia where a lion is king..... its like they just took random things and put them together to make a team name and mascot Deccan Chargers, Royal Challengers Bangalore both used the names for advertising more so for RCB than Deccan... RCB is kind of embarrassing to me, I mean really you are going to name a team after a brand of whiskey..... but I will say Mayla pulled it off and thank god he stopped short of making the team mascot a bottle of whiskey....... Deccan name is middle of the road, nothing obviously wrong with it. name and mascot makes sense and its better than the ICL teams name Hyderabad Heroes... The only thing embarrassing was the opening seasons uniform that was a disaster for Deccan fashion wise and luck wise.........

Chennai Super Kings, Delhi Dare Devils, Kolkata Knight Riders are just abstract names..... DD and KKR have rhyming names, where as the Chennai Super Kings don't only rhyme but also the team mascot makes no sense, What does a lion have to do with a "Super King" may they were thinking of Narnia where a lion is king..... its like they just took random things and put them together to make a team name and mascot ....
Long long ago there was an ICL before an IPL kidoo,in that ICL the chennai team was called chennai superstars,the name did rhyme and the team was popular.The evil BCCI however was jealous and played many underhand tricks to stop this ICL eventually the darkness won.The mighty superstars were disbanded in their place the BCCI put the evil clone chennai super kings,which has ruled the world ever since /fairy tale :tounge_smile:

The IPL team names are a big LOL! Like honestly, what the f**k is a Knight Rider or a Super Kinng? What is a Royal Challenger? What is that? Deccan Chargers, Mumbai Indians and Kings XI are decent names though. And so is Rajasthan Royals as it is relevant to the state's heritage. But the rest are :facepalm: