Ahahahahahaha

Gambit

Bashar, Mahmud express interest in Indian Cricket League Former Bangladesh captains Habibul Bashar and Khaled Mahmud have expressed interest in participating in the Indian Cricket League (ICL) if they are offered contracts approved by the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB). "I have a contract with the BCB and I want to honour it," Bashar told the New Age, a Dhaka-based daily. "If the ICL offer does not clash with it, I will definitely play. I think I am fit enough to compete at the highest level and I will play at least three more years." However, Bashar - who has a contract with the BCB till October - said he had not got any offer to play in the ICL. He was replaced as the Bangladesh captain by Mohammad Ashraful for Bangladesh's tour of Sri Lanka and has not been picked for the Twenty20 World Championship in South Africa this September. Mahmud, who retired from international cricket in February last year but continues to play in the domestic league, said: "Realistically, I don't expect any offer from any ICL team. But if there is any and the BCB permits me, yes, I can play." Mahmud had been manager of the Bangladesh side during the Champions Trophy last year. When Mohammad Rafique, the left-arm spinner, was asked whether there was any possibility of his joining the ICL, he said, "Let them offer me [a contract], then I will think about it." The ICL is a Twenty20 tournament proposed to be held in India around October. It plans to feature six teams, each including four international players and two Indian stars. © Cricinfo
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/story/304702.html If it was Ashraful or even Mortaza, it would have been digestible but these two?! :hysterical: :hysterical:

No just 'veterans league"....but an overgreedy attempt to tap huge market of Cricket in India. I won't be surprised if our Junta Janardan will stick to television sets watch these veterans troubling their aging body to make money till death. Television has revolutionized many entertainment sectors and ICL will tap on this.

i doubt sandtest.How often have we seen good response to the veterans contests.Infact any game without the Indian national team tag gets a poor response.
I would be the happiest if it turns out so. But in our country people can watch any "programme" which is presented with some added flavor. outstanding success of Crorepati shows, Sas-bahu and all other Ekta Kapur garbages, some reality shows, some dance and talent shows are just an example how good the miidle class market is for business hawks. Since last year, I was just wondering how come no businessman thought to tap the huge "Cricket" field as an entertainment industry....and now ICL arrived. Basically in Bharat desh "popularity" is not necessarily quality. I will be happy if this trend changes at least in Cricket.

Yes those programs do well....but remember our team is almost playing non stop cricket .When compared to the national team playing VS oldies playing masala drama cricket ...there is no doubt which will win. They had started a reality show on cricket also but doesn't seem to have done much....

No just 'veterans league"....but an overgreedy attempt to tap huge market of Cricket in India. I won't be surprised if our Junta Janardan will stick to television sets watch these veterans troubling their aging body to make money till death.
That is not surprising really. During the time of apartheid the teams that went to South Africa had a huge dallops of players who were either on fringes of retirement or were being in and out of their team. Take the example of West Indies. Even though Ali Bacher approached the likes of Viv, Marshall, Holding etc the team that toured eventually included Sylvester Clarke, Franklin Stevenon, Lawrence Rowe and Kallicharan(if I am not mistaken). All excellent players were not the first choice as far as West Indies was concerned(with a view on long term). For players like Lara, Mcgrath, Warne or the likes of Bashar etc they have lot less to lose than say a Ponting or a Ashraful. But if this thing takes off you can expect lot more participation. xxx