Harmeet Singh-death bowler

Sir john

Harmeet was superb against Knight Riders: Gilchrist

With 13 runs needed off the last two overs, you would have expected Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) captain Adam Gilchrist to save the experienced Praveen Kumar for the last over. Instead, Praveen bowled the penultimate over and Gilchrist handed over the crucial last over to the young Harmeet Singh. Asked the rationale behind such a decision, Gilchrist said: “KKR were not comfortable while facing Harmeet. “When I gave him the ball, I just wanted him to be clear in his mind. I wanted to make him comfortable." “But then, we can only give him suggestions about what will be the best ball to bowl. It ultimately depends on the individual how he executes the plans." “Today (Sunday), he was superb,” Gilchrist said. The KXIP captain credited superb fielding and tight bowling in the end for their thrilling two-run victory over KKR. “Paras Dogra’s catch (to dismiss Jacques Kallis) was amazing while Piyush Chawla made life tough for the batsmen. Above all, I think the fielding was of highest quality,” Gilchrist said. According to Gilchrist, there were plenty of turning points in the game. “We scored 30 runs in the last two overs. It helped us to get to the total of 134… I think that definitely got us into the game. Paras’ catch and some inspired bowling from Piyush also helped our cause,” Gilchrist said. Punjab’s last win came against Pune Warriors India on a pitch, which had a greenish tinge. “It’s pleasing to know that we can adjust to the conditions." “I can’t really say our batsmen really adjusted. But our bowlers did a marvellous job,” Gilchrist said. Gilchrist also praised KKR’s Windies recruit Sunil Narine who foxed the Kings XI with 5/19 to be adjudged Man of the Match. “He is a quality bowler. He bowled remarkably well.” ALSO READ: Narine's fiver in vain as Punjab beat Kolkata in last-ball finish Chawla's spell brought us back into the game: Gilchrist Narine is a magician, says Gavaskar No complaint on Eden pitch: Rajeev Shukla A captain shouldn’t search for respect, but earn it: Gilchrist