European team of season

Sooda

European team of season A little bit early given there are a few weeks to go yet but here goes anyway :D. Just to make things interesting we are going to do this with three conditions- 1) Only Europeans allowed 2) A maximum of two players from any one league 3) A maximum of one player from a club Lloris (Lyon, Fr) - Abate (Milan, Ita), Hummels (Dortmund, Ger), Kompany (Man City, Eng), Vertonghen(Ajax, Hol)- Xavi (Barcelona, Sp), Parker(Tottenham, Eng) Pirlo (Juventus, Ita)- Ronaldo (Real Madrid, Sp), Gomez (Bayern Munich, Ger), Hazard (Lille, Fr)

European team of season A little bit early given there are a few weeks to go yet but here goes anyway :D. Just to make things interesting we are going to do this with three conditions- 1) Only Europeans allowed 2) A maximum of two players from any one league 3) A maximum of one player from a club Lloris (Lyon, Fr) - Abate (Milan, Ita), Hummels (Dortmund, Ger), Kompany (Man City, Eng), Vertonghen(Ajax, Hol)- Xavi (Barcelona, Sp), Parker(Tottenham, Eng) Pirlo (Juventus, Ita)- Ronaldo (Real Madrid, Sp), Gomez (Bayern Munich, Ger), Hazard (Lille, Fr)
abate,pirlo from serie a? where`s cavani or hamsik or levezze? tbh ur conditions are crazy, the team u have selected would get its ass whooped even by an in form wigan :headshake:

abate,pirlo from serie a? where`s cavani or hamsik or levezze? tbh ur conditions are crazy, the team u have selected would get its ass whooped even by an in form wigan :headshake:
Cavani is from Uruguay, Lavezzi is Argentinian. They are not Europeans. I did consider Hamsik actually... Those conditions are there to make it a bit more interesting and to stop people from choosing a Real-Barca XI. It is meant for people like you who know nothing of any other leagues aside from maybe the Spanish and EPL That team would beat most teams in the world.

Lol is this part serious.

abate' date='[b']pirlo from serie a? where`s cavani or hamsik or levezze? tbh ur conditions are crazy, the team u have selected would get its ass whooped even by an in form wigan :headshake:
He has been on amazing form this season. Best player in Serie A this season, Ibrahimovic has perhaps been on a par.

He has^. Abate is less convincing though. Toss up between him and Lichsteiner..plumped for him only just...I started by putting in Van P up front, Lahm at RB but that leaves me struggling for a LB...Ibra was the other choice for striker and again Lahm at RB...that'd work

^ You mean the England captain. Yeah. Under the stipulations I laid down. Anyway please do go ahead and pick a better XI :D
Fair play, i did not read your stipulations properly. I haven't seen enough of the French, German or Spanish league to select a best XI.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: are you stuart pearce in disguise???

Fair play' date=' i did not read your stipulations properly. [b'] I haven't seen enough of the French, German or Spanish league to select a best XI.[/QUOTE] No neither have I, but the criteria do make it interesting though, and stops people picking obvious names...thats my thinking anyway...of course people can go ahead and choose a proper team. stipulation-free :P

----------------------------------------Joe Hart----------------------------------------

-----Kyriakos Papadopoulos----Nemanja Vidic-----Giorgio Chiellini----Joan Capdevila-----

-----------------------------------Christian Eriksen------------------------------------

--------------Xavi Hernandez--------------------------------Franck Ribery---------------

---------------------------------------Eden Hazard--------------------------------------

---------------------------Ibrahimovic------------Roberto Soldado-----------------------

^ NICE!! Solid CB's...I admit Id never heard of Papadopolous. Shcalke def I see, Thats the point of the thread, to find out some new names. I like the forward line, Soldado is a good call. Does Eriksen play that deep? Thought he was an 'in the hole' type player Only thing lacking is a def mid. I also did think of Capadevila, but I do not think he has played much for Benfica this season.

As for Scott Parker...other, possibly better, def mid option is Matuidi of PSG. Or M Vila... Parker is solid though, good committed tackler, covers good ground and as his pass to Adebayor vs Chelsea proves he is good on the ball...

^ NICE!! Solid CB's...I admit Id never heard of Papadopolous. Shcalke def I see, Thats the point of the thread, to find out some new names. I like the forward line, Soldado is a good call. Does Eriksen play that deep? Thought he was an 'in the hole' type player Only thing lacking is a def mid. I also did think of Capadevila, but I do not think he has played much for Benfica this season.
Yes, he is attacking midfielder, could have put him in between Xavi and Ribery, but I have always been a fan of 4-1-2-1-2(4-4-2d) formation, that's why. Plus from there he is connected well with both RCM/LCM and CAM as well, he could create chances from there via long through balls to Hazard. Think of him as a floating CM who can go back and can come forth as well to pair with Hazard. :)

Scott Parker:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: I am a spurs fan as well, Scott Parker:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: