Did we miss out?

kabira

So if an average of 40 is VERY POOR, i suppose the following batsmen who also averaged in the low 40's were VERY POOR ? Mark Waugh, Mark Taylor, Ian Chappell, Alec Stewart, Michael Atherton, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Marcus Trescothick, Graham Gooch, Sanath Jayasuriya, Carl Hooper, Herschelle Gibbs, Atapattu, Chris Gayle, Desmond Haynes and Indian batsmen like Amarnath and GRV are VERY POOR as well ? The point you are making is rubbish. PS. Ganguly's away average is 45. Is that VERY POOR as well ? :haha:

yes..40 is very poor when compared to 50... 40 is just passing marks in board exams... they just escaped from getting flunked .. and scoring runs in BD and war torn zimboks is fun..even our A team is having fun there.. exclude those..and see the avg return to its aukaat.. Pred: please do not spoil the fun...Ganguly is ranked 7 in his contemporaries...can you beat this?

GIB, when you compare Ganguly with SRT and Dravid..yes he is poor...Ganguly may not be in same league as SRT or Dravid..but he very much played huge role in our success. He had one very very very very important characteristic as a batsman i.e "grittiness". I do not remember Azhar having, I do not remember Kambli having that.

Pred: please do not spoil the fun...Ganguly is ranked 7 in his contemporaries...can you beat this?
To kya hua ? India have produced many all-time greats. Ganguly may not be one of the all-time greats, but he is still a very good batsmen. That is why he has played over 80 test matches. I was responding to your bakwaas in this post;
he was at best an average batsman..our Azzzu was more solid and prolific than him... as a Test Player we had only Sachin, Dravid, VVS, Kumble and sreenath... gangulys..prasads,mongias, are rets others were just filler items....
Comparing Ganguly with Prasad and Mongia is just f*cking stupid. It shows you are a hater. As for "your Azzu" being more "solid and prolific" - that is load of rubbish as well. Azhar was one of the most inconsistent batsmen ever - not a whole lot better than Ganguly. A better batsman, but he was just as big an underachiever. BTW, ever thought about comparing Ganguly's away average to that of other Indian batsmen who routinely make all-time Indian XI's ? Ganguly averages 45. Azhar 36 Laxman 42 Vengsarkar 32 Vishwanath 36 NOW do you still think Ganguly is a VERY POOR batsman ? :haha: Do you think Azhar, Laxman, Vengsarkar and Vishy were VERY POOR because they averaged in the low forties or high thirties ?

Kabira..we are seeing the "grittiness" when he got kicked on his tattes... where was his grittiness..when he was largely failing left ,right and centre..during 2001-2004 period.. he was complacent..and had to be driven out of his comfort zone..now he is fine..and is doing well... and kabira..i am comparing him with mere mortals like Sehwag, sidhu, azza, and VVS..and not with Gods ( sachin and Dravid)..

you have to stop use the word god, tendulkar and dravid are not those, they are waning players and deserve to be put into that bracket, they have done what they are payed to do and move them on, india is bigger than any player and see and meet those players before you bracket them as gods - they are players and numbers

what is this away avg fixation preds..
Run jo humary batsmen England, Australia aur doosre desh mein banatein hain count nahi karta kya ? You don't like away averages ? Why bother using averages at all then ? Arre GIB, mere yaar...fatafat in do question ka jawaab do; All i need is a YES or NO to each. Theek hai ? Question 1)
Were; Mark Waugh, Mark Taylor, Ian Chappell, Alec Stewart, Michael Atherton, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Marcus Trescothick, Graham Gooch, Sanath Jayasuriya, Carl Hooper, Herschelle Gibbs, Atapattu, Chris Gayle, Desmond Haynes and Indian batsmen like Amarnath, Laxman, GRV... ...VERY POOR test batsmen? YES or NO
Question 2
Ganguly away from home averages 45. Azhar averages 36 Laxman 42 Vengsarkar 32 Vishwanath 36 Do you think Azhar, Laxman, Vengsarkar and Vishy were VERY POOR because they averaged EVEN LESS than Ganguly - in the low forties or high thirties ? Were these guys VERY POOR batsmen because of their low(er) away averages ? YES OR NO