'We can be one of the greatest England teams ever' - Anderson

Come on wobbly, I can understand the euphoria after dominating our hyped up #1 team. But to achieve domination, England has to do two things: 1) Beat SAF both at home & away - which you have not done 2) Beat SL & India in the subcontinent - which you have not done. Your fast bowlers are good, not great. Your batsmen are all good, not great. I see England as a very good team that will be hard to beat. It is no where close to a dominant team (unless other teams regress so much making England look dominant).

depends upon how good their bowlers can do in batting - friendly conditions. Also domination is considered if you are raked good in ODIs as well and constantly performing well in ODI tournaments. They will have to improve their performance in that. apart from that they have advantage of being a young side with good fitness level so at least 5 years they can dominate test cricket if they maintain the same form and dominate SA and SL in away tests.

Come on wobbly, I can understand the euphoria after dominating our hyped up #1 team. But to achieve domination, England has to do two things: 1) Beat SAF both at home & away - which you have not done 2) Beat SL & India in the subcontinent - which you have not done. Your fast bowlers are good, not great. Your batsmen are all good, not great. I see England as a very good team that will be hard to beat. It is no where close to a dominant team (unless other teams regress so much making England look dominant).
How come our hyped up team stayed for Number 1 for almost 20 months?? Luck??
How come our hyped up team stayed for Number 1 for almost 20 months?? Luck??
exactly if India stayed there for 20 months imagine England and also i dont understand this myth that Indian fans have that England are not Number 1 unless they win in the subcontinent thats like saying Indias 20 month reign was not legitimate cause they never won in aus or SA
exactly if India stayed there for 20 months imagine England and also i dont understand this myth that Indian fans have that England are not Number 1 unless they win in the subcontinent thats like saying Indias 20 month reign was not legitimate cause they never won in aus or SA
It's not a myth among Indian fans. You're generalizing opinions of few to all Indian fans. It's a reply to English fans who said that India can't be true no 1 without winning in SA and Eng. Most of the Indian fans at that argued that no 1 just means better performance than others. This thread is about dominance which is not same as just being no 1 (at least most of the fans would think same).

With the world's leading spinner having figures of 4 wickets @75 in 3 tests, if I was an English fan, I would be worried about the impending tours of the sub continent. A series loss against teams ranked 5th and 6th could mean England hurtling down to number 3 or 4 very soon. With a 34 year old captain who averages 31 in last 18 months, I would be worried about the next 6 months. Who fills that huge vaccuum likely to be left after his impending departure. If Ravi Bopara is the leading reserve batsman of a team, I would be worried saving my number 1 rank rather than talk of domination.