'We can be one of the greatest England teams ever' - Anderson

'We can be one of the greatest England teams ever' - Anderson Amazing belief. Is this the Australian start of 2000 for England? http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/562178.html The next couple of years - with series against South Africa and India, and Ashes series home and away - will define the legacy of this England team, won't they?

Yes, that's how I see it. Once we became the No. 1-rated Test team we talked about our legacy. We want to be one of the greatest England teams there has ever been, and we honestly feel we have the potential in the dressing room to achieve that. I agree: the next couple of years will define us. But don't underestimate the West Indies, either. They are pushing a strong Australian side at the moment; they're a decent team. South Africa are very strong - I see them as the strongest side we've played against since the Ashes. And then there's India. Look, we slipped up over the winter, there's no hiding from that. So there are bound to be questions about how we can play in the subcontinent. We still have a lot to prove, but we showed signs of improvement towards the back end of the Sri Lanka tour. I think Jonathan Trott's century at Galle gave the rest of the batsmen confidence to play in those conditions. Winning in India would be massive for us.
No, they aren't. So you admit that you beat an ordinary team recently. :giggle: Why the big celebration then?
white washing the no.1 team will always be cause for celebration no matter how ordinary the no.1 is, also considering we were ranked 6th! has indians ever white washed a top 4 team? let alone a number 1.
white washing the no.1 team will always be cause for celebration no matter how ordinary the no.1 is, also considering we were ranked 6th! has indians ever white washed a top 4 team? let alone a number 1.
Has Pakistan ever been an ordinary No. 1 ? I mean in terms of rankings not in fan's deluded minds.
Has Pakistan ever been an ordinary No. 1 ? I mean in terms of rankings not in fan's deluded minds.
why always come to this. i merely say this england is already the greatest, and mr. tragic come full circle to pakistan's celebration for beating england, so wot else he expect? rona:dontknow:, :doh:
how long have the team rankings existed for? The last decade was probably the worse decade of cricket for pakistan since the 70's. besides the pakistan test team of the 80's was better than any test team india has ever had, including the no 1 india team.
how long have the team rankings existed for? The last decade was probably the worse decade of cricket for pakistan since the 70's. besides the pakistan test team of the 80's was better than any test team india has ever had, including the no 1 india team.
In your dreams.:hysterical::hysterical: Pakistan should win a series in WI first before lecturing others.
In your dreams.:hysterical::hysterical: Pakistan should win a series in WI first before lecturing others.
pakistan actually won test matches vs west indies when wi were at their peak. I would love to see Dhoni's no 1 team win a single test vs wi of the 80's
pakistan actually won test matches vs west indies when wi were at their peak. I would love to see Dhoni's no 1 team win a single test vs wi of the 80's
Dhoni team actually won a series vs Aus which mighty Pak haven't done in last 18 years. :hysterical::hysterical: And btw even Indian crap team of 80s won a test match vs WI. Pakistan are self-declared no.1 and tigers of 80s.
Dhoni team actually won a series vs Aus which mighty Pak haven't done in last 18 years. :hysterical::hysterical: And btw even Indian crap team of 80s won a test match vs WI. Pakistan are self-declared no.1 and tigers of 80s.
yes what a wonderful achievement to beat australia on home pitches when their two main bowlers had retired and some other great batsmen were on their last legs. Pakistan are not the no 1 team of the 80's, West indies were. However pakistan actually managed to win test matches in the WI VS WI in the 80's, which is a far more significant achievement than winning a series in Wi vs the current mediocre WI team. And yes, Imran's team would hammer Dhoni's team around anyday.
why always come to this. i merely say this england is already the greatest' date=' and mr. tragic come full circle to pakistan's celebration for beating england, so wot else he expect? rona:dontknow:, :doh:[/quote'] Careful when you hurl :Ordinary" Ballistic Missiles at others .What goes around comes around
Pakistan has never been no.1 team they never dominated like India despite having big players go read the results in last 11 years won series in England West Indies ( Pakistan never won there ) i thought rankings were flawed when India were no.1 u guys are masters of u turns. India 8-0 < Pakistan one whole tour of Australia 2009-10 10-0 enough said.
yes what a wonderful achievement to beat australia on home pitches when their two main bowlers had retired and some other great batsmen were on their last legs. Pakistan are not the no 1 team of the 80's, West indies were. However pakistan actually managed to win test matches in the WI VS WI in the 80's, which is a far more significant achievement than winning a series in Wi vs the current mediocre WI team. And yes, Imran's team would hammer Dhoni's team around anyday.
But Pakistan hasnt won a series in West Indies not even once Sehwag and Sachin are enough to hammer your Imran Team. And what a wonderful achievement getting whitewashed thrice in Aus despite having great team.
Pakistan has never been no.1 team they never dominated like India despite having big players go read the results in last 11 years won series in England West Indies ( Pakistan never won there ) i thought rankings were flawed when India were no.1 u guys are masters of u turns. India 8-0 < Pakistan one whole tour of Australia 2009-10 10-0 enough said.
with all due respect, when has india been a dominant no 1 team? Yes they were no 1 but certainly never a dominant no 1. Pakistan has never dominated tests either.