Akram blames Selectors for Yusuf`s poor performance

J P K

Wasim Akram's assertion that Yusuf Pathan's poor run in IPL 5 has been caused by his axing from the Indian team post 2011 World Cup is interesting but logic-defying. The Pakistani legend, who is the bowling coach of Team Kolkata for which Yusuf plays in the IPL, feels that the sack led to the player losing confidence which consequently caused his horror run in the IPL this season. Akram went on to tell the media on Monday, "Why he was dropped is beyond me. The selectors didn't do any favour to his confidence by omitting him. Pathan is a big-match player and will surely come good." One wonders why Akram is so scathing on Indian selectors who dropped Yusuf only after he failed to perform despite getting a fair run in the World Cup. Yusuf's 74 runs at 14.80 from six World Cup games tell their own story. But more than the runs, it was the way he went about his business which diminished the team management's confidence in him. That Suresh Raina, who replaced him midway during the World Cup, played critical knocks in the quarterfinal and semifinal to help India reach the final, only magnified Yusuf's failure. Everyone knows Yusuf is a gifted strokemaker who can destroy any attack on his day. But he has not done justice to his talent by being reckless in the middle. Often, he throws his wicket away by trying a low-percentage slog very early in his innings. After starting off as a sensation - he was one of the key factors in underdogs Rajasthan winning the first IPL in 2008 - Yusuf has become a misfiring missile who now finds himself at the crossroads. It's no use stressing "it's how he bats and one should not tinker with his natural style." Clearly, his "natural style" is not serving him well. The stats tell you as much -- they are high on promise, a bit short on deliverance. And if Kolkata captain Gautam Gambhir's words are any indication, Yusuf may be in for a drop in this IPL too. Even T20 slogging is not completely mindless. The big run makers all combine great skills with presence of mind and an awareness of match situation. And they know their game. Yusuf needs to keep his thinking cap on or else he will continue to commit hara-kiri as he has been doing, in T20 as well as in ODIs. Akram suggests that India have lost a "match-winner" in Yusuf. The fact is the Indian ODI team has been full of match-winning batsmen like Tendulkar, Sehwag, Kohli, Dhoni, Yuvraj and Raina. Thus, losing one "match-winner" does not really dent India's quality substantially. If Yusuf gets back his form and consistency, India will only benefit. But that will not be achieved only through praise via the media. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/ipl-2012/news/Why-blame-the-selectors-for-Yusufs-IPL-failure/articleshow/12858920.cms

So Selectors should select him in Indian Team so that he can do well for his franchise.:haha: Though it's being done for Sir Jaddu.
jaddu has played 58 odi for india out of which he got chance to bat for 40 innings yusuf has played 57 odi for indias out of which he got chance to bat for 41 inning jaddu has played in 12 t20 matches while yusuf has 22 u better decide who got more chances EDIT i don`t understand why yusuf is depressed on being dropped after WC he had made it back to the team for asia cup :hmmmm:

In the WC YP didn't click at all. He was tried in the first few games' date=' and then Ashwin took his place for the last group stage games and the knock out rounds.[/quote'] ashwin :hysterical: It was Raina who took his place . ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Coming back to the topic : I blame KKR selectors for buying useless cricketer.

ashwin :hysterical: It was Raina who took his place . ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Coming back to the topic : I blame KKR selectors for buying useless cricketer.
No its Ashwin who replaced him

No its Ashwin who replaced him
yes dropped for ashwin in quarterfinals dropped for nehra in the semis dropped for shreesanth in the final last time i checked yusuf was batsman who can replaced only by a another batsman :wall:

Yeah, blame Akram before reading his exact quote from ToI garbage - I am surprised educated people even visit the site. Can someone please explain to me how : "Why he was dropped is beyond me. The selectors didn't do any favour to his confidence by omitting him. Pathan is a big-match player and will surely come good." translates to : Akram blames Selectors for Yusuf`s poor performance All Akram is saying is that according to him Yusuf should not have been dropped, and he has confidence in him coming good soon. How does it equate to Akram saying that because Yusuf was dropped he is performing poorly?

Yeah, blame Akram before reading his exact quote from ToI garbage - I am surprised educated people even visit the site. Can someone please explain to me how : "Why he was dropped is beyond me. The selectors didn't do any favour to his confidence by omitting him. Pathan is a big-match player and will surely come good." translates to : Akram blames Selectors for Yusuf`s poor performance All Akram is saying is that according to him Yusuf should not have been dropped, and he has confidence in him coming good soon. How does it equate to Akram saying that because Yusuf was dropped he is performing poorly?
He believes that PathanÃÔ axeing from the Indian team after the 2011 World Cup has dented his confidence, a reason that explains his performances even in the IPL this season. Ÿhy he was dropped is beyond me. The selectors didnÃÕ do any favour to his confidence by omitting him. Pathan is a big match player and will surely come good, he says. http://www.indianexpress.com/news/whats-wrong-with-yusuf-pathan/940654/0 it is not just TOI i checked both the links before posting :hmmm:

He believes that PathanÃÔ axeing from the Indian team after the 2011 World Cup has dented his confidence, a reason that explains his performances even in the IPL this season. Ÿhy he was dropped is beyond me. The selectors didnÃÕ do any favour to his confidence by omitting him. Pathan is a big match player and will surely come good, he says. http://www.indianexpress.com/news/whats-wrong-with-yusuf-pathan/940654/0 it is not just TOI i checked both the links before posting :hmmm:
Can you look at his quote, "Why he was dropped is beyond me. The selectors didn't do any favour to his confidence by omitting him. Pathan is a big-match player and will surely come good." and tell me how this quote says that Akram is blaming the selectors for Pathan's poor IPL performance? As far as I can understand it, the quote makes two statements: 1. Pathan should not have been dropped after the WC - I don't agree with the statement, but it has nothing to do with the causality ToI is presenting. 2. Pathan is a big match player and will come good soon - I don't agree with that either. Pathan is a hack who will hit some and miss some, but again how does it have anything to do with how ToI is presenting the idea that Akram has blamed Pathan being dropped from the Indian side as a reason for his poor performance?

^ he is saying this indirectly because he is pissed off at his performance in IPL .Else he wouldn't have said the above . It all part of the blame game and he is blaming his recent performance to non inclusion in Indian team after WC,but the fact is he was kicked out because of this poor show in WC 2011.