Sign in to follow this  
saneindian

India A to play 3 first class matches on the A tour to WI, June 2012

West Indies A will host India A for three four-day matches, three one-day matches and two Twenty20s during the month of June. Kensington Oval in Barbados, Arnos Vale Cricket Ground in St Vincent and the Beausejour Cricket Ground in St Lucia will stage the four-day matches, while the Twenty20s will be played at Queen's Park Oval in Trinidad and the one-dayers at the new Queen's Park in Grenada. The tour commences with the four-day match at the Kensington Oval on June 2.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/westindies/content/story/562925.html?CMP=outlook_news Excellent news. Hopefully we will see some of the younger batsmen and pacers stepping up to grab national spots for the international season starting in late July. The only problem is the absolute lack of acclimatisation time for the players. The team will reach there on 31st May and the first unofficial test starts on 2nd June. Nonetheless, a great opportunity for the India hopefuls. 1st unofficial Test: W. Indies A v India A at Bridgetown Jun 2-5, 2012 2nd unofficial Test: W. Indies A v India A at Kingstown Jun 9-12, 2012 3rd unofficial Test: W. Indies A v India A at Gros Islet Jun 16-19, 2012 1st unofficial T20I: W. Indies A v India A at Port of Spain Jun 23, 2012 2nd unofficial T20I: W. Indies A v India A at Port of Spain Jun 24, 2012

SQUAD ANNOUNCED Cheteshwar Pujara (capt), Wriddhiman Saha (vice-capt), Abhinav Mukund, Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma, Manoj Tiwary, Rahul Sharma, Ashok Dinda, Jalaj Saxena, RP Singh, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Robin Bist, Akshay Darekar, Shami Ahmed I like the batting picks, bowling less so. I hope Rahane and Mukund open and not Dhawan I wish Pankaj Singh was there, as a reward for being consistent over the years. No Awana either despite his good form. Silly. RP Singh??? How has he bowled in IPL? Not had a great FC season. Is he fitter than he was in England? Good to see Darekar, and maybe Ahmed too, I know Ahmed is nippy and hence will fascinate ICFers but Pankaj and Awana have proven consistency over a few seasons. Would have taken them instead of RPS and Ahmed

Also Jalaj Saxena?? His record is ordinary, dont know a huge deal about him. Would have rather given Jadeja a try in the 4 day matches, would have been good experience for him. Also is the same squad to play one dayers and T20s... ? Shouldnt be... guys like Naman, Uthappa, S Tiwary and Menaria can/should be drafted in

This is A tour' date=' not India tour. You give chances to such players who are coming back from injury and he is a yoyngster, not RP.[/quote'] Yeah, plus there is a month or so to get him back into rhythm. I am guessing their thoughts are that he is a India senior bowler already. Not sure. That principle would hold tru for Mukund and Pujara too so cant be the case. Probably just typical selectorial inconsistnecy. In any case I would rather Awana go.

Yeah' date=' plus there is a month or so to get him back into rhythm. I am guessing their thoughts are that he is a India senior bowler already. Not sure. That principle would hold tru for Mukund and Pujara too so cant be the case. Probably just typical selectorial inconsistnecy. In any case I would rather Awana go.[/quote'] Selection of RP is as baffling as in it was in England.

Some horrible selections there. Jalaj Saxena - 248 runs@20 and 14 wickets@45 in the season gone by. Even Jadeja would have been a better choice than this parchi candidate of Sanjay Jagdale. RP Singh- 15 wickets@55. Awana deserved this spot.

SQUAD ANNOUNCED Cheteshwar Pujara (capt), Wriddhiman Saha (vice-capt), Abhinav Mukund, Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma, Manoj Tiwary, Rahul Sharma, Ashok Dinda, Jalaj Saxena, RP Singh, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Robin Bist, Akshay Darekar, Shami Ahmed I like the batting picks, bowling less so. I hope Rahane and Mukund open and not Dhawan I wish Pankaj Singh was there, as a reward for being consistent over the years. No Awana either despite his good form. Silly. RP Singh??? How has he bowled in IPL? Not had a great FC season. Is he fitter than he was in England? Good to see Darekar, and maybe Ahmed too, I know Ahmed is nippy and hence will fascinate ICFers but Pankaj and Awana have proven consistency over a few seasons. Would have taken them instead of RPS and Ahmed
Batting is good but bowling? Why can't the selectors just think of second XI for tests? Is this the second XI or second XV? They didn't include Awana, Nachim, P Singh, and spinner? Are they not thinking about grooming a single good spinner for India? Unbelievable!!

Batting is good but bowling? Why can't the selectors just think of second XI for tests? Is this the second XI or second XV? They didn't include Awana, Nachim, P Singh, and spinner? Are they not thinking about grooming a single good spinner for India? Unbelievable!!
Rahul Sharma and Akshay Darekar are there. Akshay is a good left arm spinner, taking lot of wickets in FC. Should have picked Awana and Aaron for RP and Bhuvnesh.

Rahul Sharma and Akshay Darekar are there. Akshay is a good left arm spinner' date=' taking lot of wickets in FC. Should have picked Awana and Aaron for RP and Bhuvnesh.[/quote'] Rahul Sharma and Darekar? Are they going to be our future spinners in tests? Great. How long will it take India to reach bottom then?

Rahul Sharma and Darekar? Are they going to be our future spinners in tests? Great. How long will it take India to reach bottom then?
Both are good spinners. You wont know until they play. We don't have better spinners than them.

The likely 11- Dhawan. Mukund, Rahane, Pujara, Rohit, Manoj, Saha, Rahul, Shami, Dinda, RP Singh RPS' name there is like a sore thumb. Should really have got Awana in tat squad. Hopefully he will continue to pick wickets and force the selectors to name him in this squad.

Selection of RP has shown that there is no merit in selections. Good performances are not awarded and you will be in the team whether you are not even fit enough to be termed as fast bowler. R Potbelly Singh is a great example.

Awana & Abu Nechim in place of RP & Bhuvaneswar Kumar would've been ideal.Aaron is a certainty in the India squad so he was not selected.Dinda,Shami are good picksthough.I can't really understand why Jalaj Saxena manages to get in these squads of India-A or Rest of India?Does he has some kind of godfather coz he's a club level cricketer.

Rahul Sharma and Darekar? Are they going to be our future spinners in tests? Great. How long will it take India to reach bottom then?
Rahul Sharma is the only young leggie in the country (besides tried and tested Chawla and Mishra), has done well in the chances he's got so far. Don't see anything wrong with his selection. As for Darekar, he's done well, taken loads of wickets, but I would have preferred to see Iqbal Abdulla being given a run, but a terrible domestic FC season seems to have spoiled his chances. Same is the case with Bharghav Bhatt as well. Who else would you have liked to see instead of these two?

Bowlers selection - barring Dinda & Shami Ahmed has been crappy. RP Singh has some real good godfather, I think. He is so crappy and unfit and at 26, cannot be considered as young. He is definitely not selected for cricketing reasons.

RP in the A team is a joke,he doesn't have domestic performances behind him to get a spot in the team, also he wasn't injured so they have him in the team to see how he bowls lol, Awana , Gony, P Singh rightly deserve that spot also Abu Nechim.Also there should have been a bigger squad or separate teams for 4 day and shorter versions.

Pujara is made captain of India A "Cheteshwar Pujara, who is looking to work his way back into the national Test team after recovering from a knee injury sustained during the 2011 IPL, will lead India A on a tour of the Caribbean in June. West Indies A will host India A for three four-day matches, three one-day matches and two Twenty20s on the tour, which begins in Barbados on June 2. " India A squad Cheteshwar Pujara (capt), Wriddhiman Saha (vice-capt), Abhinav Mukund, Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma, Manoj Tiwary, Rahul Sharma, Ashok Dinda, Jalaj Saxena, RP Singh, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Robin Bist, Akshay Darekar, Shami Ahmed

This tour will be handy, but I question how much insight it will give into players' ability, especially batsmen. The pitches in West Indies are going to be similar to sub-continent pitches. Though any A team tour is better than fiasco of last 5 years. Any tours to England, Australia or South Africa?

This tour will be handy, but I question how much insight it will give into players' ability, especially batsmen. The pitches in West Indies are going to be similar to sub-continent pitches. Though any A team tour is better than fiasco of last 5 years. Any tours to England, Australia or South Africa?
whts the point of this tour ? i seriously dont get it.. why not tour places where we struggle...so tht wht happened to kohli in first few games does not happen to others wasting 2 tests just to get used is too much! more over how have they picked the bowling line up i dont get it.. cantsee any one of them making into the main team

whts the point of this tour ? i seriously dont get it.. why not tour places where we struggle...so tht wht happened to kohli in first few games does not happen to others wasting 2 tests just to get used is too much! more over how have they picked the bowling line up i dont get it.. cantsee any one of them making into the main team
We have pretty much struggled in WI, so this is a good step. Among the bowlers, Shami Ahmed has future Test potential and Dinda hopefully too; and maybe Rahul Sharma sometime later and Akshay Darekar as well (heard he is promising).

We have pretty much struggled in WI, so this is a good step. Among the bowlers, Shami Ahmed has future Test potential and Dinda hopefully too; and maybe Rahul Sharma sometime later and Akshay Darekar as well (heard he is promising).
ya but dinda needs to be in out loi team same with rahul sharma