My best is yet to come in IPL-5

J P K

Calcutta (The Telegraph): Kolkata Knight Riders captain Gautam Gambhir, at the post-match news conference, set the mood for the much-awaited May 5 Eden clash against Pune Warriors India, led by BengalÃÔ favourite son Sourav Ganguly. ůo other team belongs to Calcutta more than us, he replied when asked whether he is expecting the crowd support next Saturday afternoon. The following are excerpts On his inning This was not my best innings. The best is yet to come. We donÃÕ want to be complacent. The KKR batting is not only about me. DonÃÕ want to take the credit away from Brendon McCullum and Jacques Kallis. See, when you are batting first against a team like Royal Challengers Bangalore, someone had to bat through the innings. I have been just fortunate to carry on till the 19th over. If he was disappointed on missing out on a century I think there is no one in the KKR team who thinks about achieving personal milestones. No one in dressing room thinks so. We play as a unit. For me, it has never been about getting a century or missing out on a century ItÃÔ always about winning games. Whether GayleÃÔ hitting was worrying So, we were not worried. We always knew we had the bowling to restrict the RCB batsmen. Sunil Narine is really proving to be a match-winner for us. He was brilliant. He only conceded 11 runs in his four overs! I think it was a very professional effort by all of us. Everything went right for us Hopefully, we can continue playing like this in the future. On captaining KKR Captaining KKR is always a great responsibility When you are captaining a side like KKR, you always want to be at the best of your game. The guys are working very hard. Hopefully, you will see me smiling after the end of the IPL when we win the tournament. The Eden wicket I think we need to put a stop speaking about the wicket. A team batting first and scoring 190 runs and the team batting second and scoring 150 runs tells you a lot about the nature of the wicket. We have never criticised the wicket. I think when you are playing in the IPL, you need to play on different sort of wickets. If he expects crowd support against the Pune Warriors India on May 5... I donÃÕ talk about individuals. For me, there will be two teams playing on that day KKR and Pune Warriors. I believe KKR are the team of Calcutta. We play to bring smiles on the faces of the people here. No other team belongs to this city more than us. I expect the people to support us vs PWI. On Yusuf PathanÃÔ performance He is one of the biggest match-winners India have ever seen. IÃ×e lot of confidence on him. ItÃÔ a matter of time that he will do something magical. The turning point of the match I think it was YusufÃÔ spell. The way he bowled his quota of four overs against Chris Gayle was amazing. I believe he will take a lot of confidence from this performance. http://cricket.yahoo.com/news/my-best-is-yet-to-come-in-ipl-5--gambhir.html

He is a useless captain. Feel bad for KKR that he is their poster boy.
Gambhir is just not captaincy material.
i said it long time ago. hes not captaincy material. but kallis and yusuf shud be dropped
Dada was a much better captain. Gautam gambhir should just step down as captain and hand over the captaincy to guys like kallis or even shakib
Agree' date=' he has been speaking lot more than what he should. Its a waste to have him as a kaptaan. He is just not good enough.[/quote'] :dance::dance:

GG is a good batsman..No one doubts that. He sucks as a captain. In yesterday's match' date=' his captaincy was not tested. The pitch was not an easy one to bat on, but because of GG's brilliance and some crap fielding by RCB, KKR won the game.[/quote'] he won 5 - 0 in his captaincy debut for india

he won 5 - 0 in his captaincy debut for india
Anyone could have beaten that Kiwi side. I have nothing against him, but he is arrogant and gets flustered and frustrated very fast. Just watch him in close finishes. Yesterday, if RCB had batted first and scored even 150, KKR would have found it tough. He has a top quality team with a bench strength so good that they can field an excellent second XI. Let the crunch games come...His captaincy will be tested.

Anyone could have beaten that Kiwi side. I have nothing against him, but he is arrogant and gets flustered and frustrated very fast. Just watch him in close finishes. Yesterday, if RCB had batted first and scored even 150, KKR would have found it tough. He has a top quality team with a bench strength so good that they can field an excellent second XI. Let the crunch games come...His captaincy will be tested.
I think GG can be a good captain. He is aggressive and shows that on the field. Being cool is good, but people can take you fro granted and Gambhir has fire in belly which he has shown in this IPL by performing out of his depth on occasions in T20. He always wants lead from the front and set example, while Dhoni keeps waiting. Dhoni is losing his magic now that is why we need a new captain, at least in T20 WC GG will be a better option.

I think GG can be a good captain. He is aggressive and shows that on the field. Being cool is good' date=' but people can take you fro granted and Gambhir has fire in belly which he has shown in this IPL by performing out of his depth on occasions in T20. He always wants lead from the front and set example, while Dhoni keeps waiting. Dhoni is losing his magic now that is why we need a new captain, at least in T20 WC GG will be a better option.[/quote'] Completely agree. Dhoni just doesn't react even on a string of completely mediocre performances. At least these kind of captains will make changes. LOL@ blaming gambhir's captaincy while KKR's batting-line on their current form is ****.

Completely agree. Dhoni just doesn't react even on a string of completely mediocre performances. At least these kind of captains will make changes. LOL@ blaming gambhir's captaincy while KKR's batting-line on their current form is ****.
Agree. You cannot be numb-headed as captain. One must react and make adequate changes and show willingness to do different things. It is because of Gambhir that KKR have done so well till now. KKR had lost their initial 2-3 games and it was Gambhir's innings which helped them come back well.

Completely agree. Dhoni just doesn't react even on a string of completely mediocre performances. At least these kind of captains will make changes. LOL@ blaming gambhir's captaincy while KKR's batting-line on their current form is ****.
Agree. You cannot be numb-headed as captain. One must react and make adequate changes and show willingness to do different things. It is because of Gambhir that KKR have done so well till now. KKR had lost their initial 2-3 games and it was Gambhir's innings which helped them come back well.
:two_thumbs_up: dhoni`s record in intl t20 has been very poor this should be his last wc he is uncertainly not gonna be dropped or removed unless he decides to retire from that T 20 format i would have GG or kohli as our T20 captain