Farewell Warnie. Indian Fans Will Miss you...

14 Tests v India, Just 43 wickets. (He got 40 wickets alone in the Ashes series his team lost last year)... :lol: Only one 5-fer, and even then he conceded 125 runs for it... His few scalps came at 47.18 runs per wicket... If there was no such thing as India, Warne's Test career bowling average would be well below 25, (and though irrelevant, his batting average would be higher too)... Farewell Warnie, the BG trophy won't be the same without you...

Re: Farewell Warnie. Indian Fans Will Miss you... Breaking News Why did Warnie Retired? He wanted to go out on top of his game..and when is he top of his game. you got that right..against England...who will struggle against any good spin bowler.. Well done Warnie, you surely wouldnt have been top of your game against India...

Re: Farewell Warnie. Indian Fans Will Miss you... He has bowled in 25 innings against India, and has gone wicketless 6 times... He has conceded 100+ runs in an innings v India 8 times. 3 in a row in that ass-whupping series in 97/98... 1/150 0/18 0/60 4/85 1/122 0/147 3/106 2/80 4/92 2/21 1/77 1/63 0/22 0/60 4/47 1/60 2/65 1/152 2/140 0/41 2/78 2/115 6/125 DNB 2/47 2/56

Re: Farewell Warnie. Indian Fans Will Miss you... He will be missed surely. Warnie is a great fan of Tendulkar. In his DVD he simply conceeds Tendulkar as the best for all the reasons. There's one nice snippet in the DVD when he looks up at one of the photos with Sachin in living room and says "This one is taken yet again he smashed us all over the park" :hic: Say what you may Warnie is quite a good mate of Tendulkar and Anil Kumble. In the DVD he has acknowledged Anil Kumble as one of the contemporary greats. We will surely miss Warnie on all accounts :hic:

Re: Farewell Warnie. Indian Fans Will Miss you... Yup MacGill just recently has acknowledged he is going to play for the next 3 years or so. Warnie bowing out may have spurred him to carry on. MacGill will still be handful, he spins the ball more than Warnie.

Re: Farewell Warnie. Indian Fans Will Miss you... Seriously, I like him as a player and a character. He is quality, and no-one takes 700 Test wickets by being just decent. I obviously like him even more because he hasn't handed our asses to us as he has to others. I watched him as a kid and it led to me making my first attempts at legspin with a tennis ball. The game as a whole is poorer without him...