injustice to gautam gambhir...

when jaffer, ganguly and gambhir were fighting it out for a place in indian XI... gangulyu was always the third person...gambhir always scored more runs than him..more centuries than him.... still ganguly was chosen before him...and now gambhir has shown in his first match in SA that he can bat...though aginst weeker opposition...but this shows that he is in form... he was a mistake by selectors that gambhir was not given a chance before ganguly.... when colonel said that he will give preference to form and fitness...over past glory... politics ki had ho gayi hai.... but chalo..jab ganguly team me back door entry lehi chuka hai to usko de dete hain 2 test match aur.... lets see..if he can keep up his form....yuvi will have some problems..now..

Re: injustice to gautam gambhir... yaar..even rao scored more runs than ganguly.. though you are right about the opening and middle order bat...forgot this point.. but the point is....once a player is back in domestic circuit..then the player must perform better than the others who are toiling in domestic matches to be selected in national team.. otherwise its not a good thing for the morale of the rest of the players.. though i do not have problem with ganguly in the team as he is doing fine... but just discussing the selection process...

Guest dada_rocks

Re: injustice to gautam gambhir... U are still complaining jesus.. Btw there is little matetr of class of a batsman too, gambhir in whatever chances he has bee n given has not set the world on fire otoh DADA is DADA.. he has proven his class over years and once again is doing the same... :wtg:

Re: injustice to gautam gambhir... selectors take lot of flak..and in this case, the recall of ganguly..I must say was master stroke so far... we should give them credit...doesnt matter if it was political move.. People say Ganguly is there because of politics...but dint he lose place because of politics.. May be those politician went his career to end for good so they selected him for SA tour, where they would think he would struggle most...

Re: injustice to gautam gambhir... Ganguly's selection was not just based on the runs he got in domestic. I'm ok with his selection as his experience came to plenty of help in the first test. I don't think they should carry on with Jaffer in the second test but if they do it will definitely be injustice to Gambhir. Jaffer has had many hits so far in both ODI and test series. It seems like he is struggling and before it is too late they should try Gambhir. What is the point in taking so many openers on the tour but not use when needed. :shrug:

Guest dada_rocks

Re: injustice to gautam gambhir...

selectors take lot of flak..and in this case, the recall of ganguly..I must say was master stroke so far... we should give them credit...doesnt matter if it was political move.. People say Ganguly is there because of politics...but dint he lose place because of politics.. May be those politician went his career to end for good so they selected him for SA tour, where they would think he would struggle most...
That's ganguly's life story even his induction in team in 96 supposedly was due to politics. If politics gives this kind of result then I would love to have more of that :wtg: .. Ganguly''s greatest trait is his steely resolve so the moment he made it clear he is workign to get into the team no matetr what i knew this guy will make it count.........in karachi itself he would have sealed his fate except for two brainfarts otherwise he was totally unperturbed be it akhtar's pace or asif's guile he was playing them all with ease of a man possessed but too bad it was not to be then. long it may continue.. najar na lage :wtg: