Varun and Yadav were too good today

Cricketics

i never seen this aaron guy bowl before heard all the hype thankfully it was true for once, great fast delivery to get gambhir out. still think yadav is india's best hope for 90mph bowler, one of the commentator said aaron is retrning from stress back injury, back injuries and fast bowlers don't make good companions in the long run
This was his 2nd or 3rd back injury in last 2-3 years. MItchell Johnson at 4 back stress fracture by the age of 22. At young, a bowler can recover form such injuries and get stronger but if these occur after 25, then they can take toll.

I would like to see fully fit trio of Ishant, Aaron and Yadav play for India. It will be great to see three young Indian fast bowlers who can easily bowl 140 plus. What a sight that would be for Indian fans who are used to watching trundlers bowl everytime India plays. They may go for runs but its not as if our trundlers are genuine wicket takers.

I would like to see fully fit trio of Ishant, Aaron and Yadav play for India. It will be great to see three young Indian fast bowlers who can easily bowl 140 plus. What a sight that would be for Indian fans who are used to watching trundlers bowl everytime India plays. They may go for runs but its not as if our trundlers are genuine wicket takers.
That'll not happen under Dhoni's captaincy.

I am surprised people are still talking about Ishant. The guy has been one of the biggest failures since the turn of the century as far as fast bowlers are concerned. If he turns it around and performs well then all good. But I don't wanna hear this guy's name in the context of an Indian team for the next 2-3 seasons. Let him play domestic cricket and learn to pick wickets first I was so happy to watch Umesh cranking it up. I think the competition of Varun has given him that extra zip. I was imagining these two bowling fast and furious in whites in Aus or SA....wow what a vision!

I would like to see fully fit trio of Ishant, Aaron and Yadav play for India. It will be great to see three young Indian fast bowlers who can easily bowl 140 plus in action. What a sight that would be for Indian fans who are used to watching trundlers bowl everytime India plays. They may go for runs but its not as if our trundlers are genuine wicket takers.
Well, speed only won't make up for everything. I recall after first day of first test (Melbourne) on last aussie tour, Sehwag gave statement that attack in that test being best for any test he got involved with. His statement was primarily came as he had seen both Ishant and Umesh hitting mid 140's consistently. But we all know that how did whole series go after first two days of Melbourne. Seeing all indian bowlers hitting 145+ would be a good spectacle but may not produce results necessarily.

I am surprised people are still talking about Ishant. The guy has been one of the biggest failures since the turn of the century as far as fast bowlers are concerned. If he turns it around and performs well then all good. But I don't wanna hear this guy's name in the context of an Indian team for the next 2-3 seasons. Let him play domestic cricket and learn to pick wickets first I was so happy to watch Umesh cranking it up. I think the competition of Varun has given him that extra zip. I was imagining these two bowling fast and furious in whites in Aus or SA....wow what a vision!
I wouldn't rule Ishant out yet. Just needs a shot of intelligence, but also believe was very unlucky in a few matches in Oz.

Ishant may not have performed up to our expectations. But he still has done better than any bowler we had in last 10 years bar Zak who too only started delivering consistently after 7 years his debut. And more importantly, we cant discard such a bowler at the age of 23 because we do not have Marshalls, Steyn's sitting on the bench. He has a long career ahead of him and time to improve.

Ishant may not have performed up to our expectations. But he still has done better than any bowler we had in last 10 years bar Zak who too only started delivering consistently after 7 years his debut. And more importantly' date=' we cant discard such a bowler at the age of 23 because we do not have Marshalls, Steyn's sitting on the bench. He has a long career ahead of him and time to improve.[/quote'] Agree.

Well' date=' speed only won't make up for everything. I recall after first day of first test (Melbourne) on last aussie tour, Sehwag gave statement that attack in that test being best for any test he got involved with. His statement was primarily came as he had seen both Ishant and Umesh hitting mid 140's consistently. But we all know that how did whole series go after first two days of Melbourne. Seeing all indian bowlers hitting 145+ would be a good spectacle but may not produce results necessarily.[/quote'] Agree, but pace is weapon, it keeps batsmen honest and if these guys can show improvement in terms of bowling in test matches, this will be a potent attack. and Bowlers hunt in pair that is what we never had. These are the guys who can form such pair.

Agree' date=' but pace is weapon, it keeps batsmen honest and if these guys can show improvement in terms of bowling in test matches, this will be a potent attack. and Bowlers hunt in pair that is what we never had. These are the guys who can form such pair.[/quote'] Don't disagree with that. For same set of skills I would prefer a bowler with higher pace over lower pace.

Don't disagree with that. For same set of skills I would prefer a bowler with higher pace over lower pace.
It was Ishant's failure in Aus which proved costly, otherwise this attack was as good as an Indian attack as we have seen in last few years and moreover, it was our batting which struggled to cross even 200 several times in the series which was major let down.

I am loving it how Yadav is effortlessly cranking it up throughout his spells. He is being taken up for runs but he will have his days also. Needs to get little more smarter and he will find a lot fo success. Loved Aron taking wicket the next ball after gambhir's catch was dropped. it shows the guy has heart

I wouldn't rule Ishant out yet. Just needs a shot of intelligence' date=' but also believe was very unlucky in a few matches in Oz.[/quote']That shot of intelligence better be gained by playing domestic cricket for the next 2-3 seasons. Nowhere near the Indian team, please.

That shot of intelligence better be gained by playing domestic cricket for the next 2-3 seasons. Nowhere near the Indian team, please. Totally disagree. I don't think he was any better than RP, Munaf, or Sreesanth. He hasn't even performed better than them. You can dig out the stats for yourself. He was given multiple chances and bombed big time. Just making a lucky debut at a young age ain't everything. If you are not ready for it then you get found out like Ishant did. Even after playing 4 years of Test cricket and touring extensively if the guy cannot earn a wicket then it is rather easy to conclude that he has never learned to pick a wicket. Let him learn to pick wickets first and then I'll have him close to the Indian team. And no, not just one or two games here and there but pick wickets consistently for a season or two. His promise has been seen, tried, and found to be wanting.
He has performed better than any fast bowler we had in the last ten years bar Zak. Two MOS to his name in test matches is a testimony. He struggled with consistency, but he averaged 28 in India before the WI series and was one of the main reasons, India won so many test matches at home despite ineffective spin bowling of Bhajji and others. His average has inflated due to his poor returns in England and Australia. See the difference for yourself, Compare RP and Ishant's stats at home. Compare what Munaf bowled and what Ishant bowled in the same test in WI. Sreesanth could have been better than Ishant, but his downfall is self-created.