Varun and Yadav were too good today

Cricketics

Well' date=' speed only won't make up for everything. I recall after first day of first test (Melbourne) on last aussie tour, Sehwag gave statement that attack in that test being best for any test he got involved with. His statement was primarily came as he had seen both Ishant and Umesh hitting mid 140's consistently. But we all know that how did whole series go after first two days of Melbourne. Seeing all indian bowlers hitting 145+ would be a good spectacle but may not produce results necessarily.[/quote'] Well I agree with you that pace isn't everything but I was talking about ODI's where they can go for runs but would be amazing to see 3 Indian fast bowlers clocking above 140 plus consistently. Even in Tests if we have to play 3 seamers and in case Zaheer is injured, I wouldn't look beyond these 3.

i never seen this aaron guy bowl before heard all the hype thankfully it was true for once, great fast delivery to get gambhir out. still think yadav is india's best hope for 90mph bowler, one of the commentator said aaron is retrning from stress back injury, back injuries and fast bowlers don't make good companions in the long run
it was stress fracture.. and it happens atleast once normally to every quick bowler all paki gr8's had it at start or before playing for pakistan johnson got it and never got injured again i hope same is the case with aaron

Agree' date=' but pace is weapon, it keeps batsmen honest and if these guys can show improvement in terms of bowling in test matches, this will be a potent attack. and Bowlers hunt in pair that is what we never had. These are the guys who can form such pair.[/quote'] Well said.

Ishant has bowled between 140k to 150k dring his first year -- when he succeeded -- and the last year. In the middle years he had bowled at a much lesser pace. I just want to see whether Ishant succeeds with his regained extra pace. Let's not forget that, after reganing his pace, he was excellent in the WI tour and in England and Australia he was playing with an ankle injury which hampers bowling. He is not ready for ODIs but I would like to see the effect of 3 genuine quicks bowling in tandem in a test series.

Ishant has bowled between 140k to 150k dring his first year -- when he succeeded -- and the last year. In the middle years he had bowled at a much lesser pace. I just want to see whether Ishant succeeds with his regained extra pace. Let's not forget that, after reganing his pace, he was excellent in the WI tour and in England and Australia he was playing with an ankle injury which hampers bowling. He is not ready for ODIs but I would like to see the effect of 3 genuine quicks bowling in tandem in a test series.
He would be the ideal ODI bowler for India for the next WC in Aus.

Guys what I see is 3 guys who r genuine fast bowlers, early twenties, good attitude, hard workers, well built, one a strapping 6 5", one a skidder and swing bowler, one a seam bowler.Barring serious injury, we could have a g8 attack, I rate Ishant very high , his best is yet to come, with Rahul as a good slow bowler, we can have a formidable attack, also from what I have seen of Shami this guy could be a fantastic bowler and they all have pace, also see them playing for India for some time and have high hopes of Anwar Ahmed also.

I have also observed that Aaron's hits the deck hard and skids the ball through and it looks quicker than what the speed gun actually shows. It was on show against KKR. Quite a few of his deliveries zipped through while they were only clocked around 140K or so, but hurried on to batsmen.

I have also observed that Aaron's hits the deck hard and skids the ball through and it looks quicker than what the speed gun actually shows. It was on show against KKR. Quite a few of his deliveries zipped through while they were only clocked around 140K or so' date=' but hurried on to batsmen.[/quote'] dude 143 is not slow speed by any means if directed well..and bowled at right areas and then if u move the ball even a bit its gets so much harder for batsmen and yes he is diff from our normal bowlers he hits the deck hard... australia would ve suited him a lot :((

Umesh and Varun look promising. People need to remember though' date=' regarding Ishant, that he was horribly unsuccessful in England and Australia.[/quote'] Just pace doesnt gurantee success. It is just one aspect which should be used with other aspects like seam/swing and consistency.

I have also observed that Aaron's hits the deck hard and skids the ball through and it looks quicker than what the speed gun actually shows. It was on show against KKR. Quite a few of his deliveries zipped through while they were only clocked around 140K or so' date=' but hurried on to batsmen.[/quote'] He definitely looks quicker than his measured speeds. He gets many of his wickets by bowling batsman out and often seems to beat them with sheer pace. I think he is India's best limited overs prospect.

Aaron's run up is similar to that of Mitchell Johnson, Yadav has more of an orthodox run up, lets him produce more pace with that sort of run up. I really hope someone coaches these 2 really well, these 2 are young and can go a long way if they turn out to be dangerous in Tests.

Aaron and Umesh are friends and u see a competetive spirit when both are playing together that will only augur well for India, with Ishant in the fray there will certainly be a strong competition to do better, they will raise their game.Ishant will comeback strong, Ishant , Umesh, Aaron are the future , hopefully they stay injury free, and we can find some good left armer and other options for creating a bigger pool.