Snubbed Razzaq threatens not to play for Pakistan again

King

Miffed at his "illogical" omission from the team for the Twenty20 World Championship, Abdul Razzaq has threatened to make himself unavailable for the national side. More... Snubbed Razzaq threatens not to play for Pakistan again PTI KARACHI, Aug 10: Miffed at his "illogical" omission from the team for the Twenty20 World Championship, Pakistan all-rounder Abdul Razzaq has threatened to make himself unavailable for the national side. "If this is the way I am going to be treated after serving the country honestly and diligently, then I should be the one now to decide when to make myself available for national selection," he said in a TV interview. The 27-year-old cricketer, who has played 46 Tests and 231 one-dayers, was dropped for the Twenty20 World Cup on the grounds that he had become slow on the field and his bowling was no longer effective or penetrative. Razzaq, who has taken 246 wickets and scored 4465 runs in one-dayers, said what hurt him most was that no one from the board or selectors had bothered to call him and explain why he was being dropped. "I don't know what was the logic behind not selecting me. I am a senior player and deserve a phone call. Even when I was injured no one in the board bothered to call me up and find out how I was doing," he said. Razzaq asserted that he was fully fit and had done well in the Twenty20 version of the game. "I worked hard in the training camp and played in the matches as well. I am a senior player. If this is the reward one gets for all these years of service than I will have to rethink my future line of action," he said. Razzaq, one of the seven Pakistani players to have got offers to play in the lucrative Indian Cricket League, said he was mulling over after being dropped from the national team. "I need to know what they have in mind but I am considering the ICL offer," he said. The all-rounder also complained of not being properly utilised by his captains in the past. He said only Wasim Akram and Moin Khan utilised his talents properly. "Otherwise rest of the time I was not sure where I was supposed to bat or when I was supposed to bowl and for how long. It disturbed me," he recalled. Sources said the Pakistan Cricket Board has obtained a transcript of the interview and is thinking off charging Razzaq with violating the players code of conduct for his comments.

All isn't well with Pakistan cricket. Why would they not want to pick Razzaq for a Twenty20??? He's a fantastic hitter of the cricket ball. I would have thought he is one of the first names that should be considered for Twenty20s. Still if Razzaq has issues with the selectors he is better off talking to PCB than going to the media.

Razzaq would've been one of the first picked if I'd been a selector. Similarly, Cam White wasn't selected for Australia. Both these players are capable of hitting many sixes in a short while. Incidentally, Cam hit his 5th. century for the CC season yesterday. :regular_smile: