Am sorry, but I have to break into a song!

Neenu mudkiyange musku haakkond myaagondu kambli hothkond halli olage kunthkondidre yaaru bandu noduthare ningavva ninnan yaaru bandu kareethaare rangavva!! Holy smokes!! Yet another 50 p'ship ... for the 10th frikkin wicket! That's 9 50+ p'ships (only the 3rd wkt was not). That had better be some sort of record. Open the wound and rub in some byaadgi menasinakaayis!!

Holy smokes!! Yet another 50 p'ship ... for the 10th frikkin wicket! That's 9 50+ p'ships (only the 3rd wkt was not). That had better be some sort of record. Open the wound and rub in some byaadgi menasinakaayis!!
Open the wound and rub in some byaadgi menasinakaayis!!

OK OK ... I apologize. That was a spontaneous cry of joy!! The meaning is really irrelevant to the proceedings. It's a folk song with a really nice tune and rhythm ... and whenever I feel elated, that's the first song that comes to mind. If you insist, here is a rough translation -- a city dude is imploring the village lass(es) to wear modern clothes and move to the city. "If you wear simple clothes like a grandma, Ms. Ningavva and Ms. Rangavva, and sit in the village, who will even look at you?" As for the byaadgi menasinakaayi - menasinakaayi = chilli pepper. Byaadgi is a place in Karnataka that is famous for some of the hottest red chilli peppers. So, there you go. How'd I do, BB? We need to exchange notes about our Kannada roots sometime!