Test - Results for each Country in 2006

King

[code:0e74eea15d]ALL TESTS Team Tests Won Lost Drawn Tied Win % Australia 9 9 0 0 0 100.00 Sri Lanka 11 6 3 2 0 66.66 India 11 3 2 6 0 60.00 Pakistan 12 4 3 5 0 57.14 England 13 5 5 3 0 50.00 New Zealand 8 3 3 2 0 50.00 South Africa 10 2 7 1 0 22.22 Bangladesh 4 0 4 0 0 0.00 West Indies 10 0 5 5 0 0.00 TOTAL 44 32 32 12 0 HOME TESTS Team Tests Won Lost Drawn Tied Win % Pakistan 6 3 0 3 0 100.00 Australia 4 4 0 0 0 100.00 England 7 4 1 2 0 80.00 New Zealand 5 3 1 1 0 75.00 Sri Lanka 4 2 1 1 0 66.66 India 3 1 1 1 0 50.00 South Africa 7 2 4 1 0 33.33 Bangladesh 4 0 4 0 0 0.00 West Indies 4 0 1 3 0 0.00 TOTAL 44 19 13 12 0 AWAY TESTS Team Tests Won Lost Drawn Tied Win % Australia 5 5 0 0 0 100.00 Sri Lanka 7 4 2 1 0 66.66 India 8 2 1 5 0 66.66 Pakistan 6 1 3 2 0 25.00 England 6 1 4 1 0 20.00 New Zealand 3 0 2 1 0 0.00 South Africa 3 0 3 0 0 0.00 West Indies 6 0 4 2 0 0.00 TOTAL 44 13 19 12 0 [/code:1:0e74eea15d] Strange results this year for India. Although the 3rd place overall and in away tests is not really terrible they have faltered at home. Although the sample here is low (just 3 tests against England) the recent tread has been pretty alarming. Last year we drew against Pakistan and lost against the Aussies. India of course won couple of tests against SL though. I reckon the results so far have been mixed bag for India and if India go on to win the next test it will be one of the most successful years in test cricket.

Re: Test - Results for each Country in 2006 Incredible performance from AUS...simply magnificent. I am also quite happy with Pakistan's performance because if you remove the Oval test which had nothing to do with the on field cricketing performance then PAK's record improves to 5 and 2....with wins in 3 out of the 4 series. Now having said i feel that even during our home games we need to prepare better pitches so we have a better chance in winning away from home.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Test - Results for each Country in 2006

Incredible performance from AUS...simply magnificent. I am also quite happy with Pakistan's performance because if you remove the Oval test which had nothing to do with the on field cricketing performance then PAK's record improves to 5 and 2....with wins in 3 out of the 4 series. Now having said i feel that even during our home games we need to prepare better pitches so we have a better chance in winning away from home.
If's and but's holy grail of spin-doctors.. BTW what makes u think pakistan wud have won the match if not for that ball-tampering episode ... Talking of if's, if u take banana chuck of shabbir out of equation pakistan wud have ended up losing west indies series 2-0 and ended up drawing england series 1-1 but then I am sure only those if's should be invoked which paints it all green..

Re: Test - Results for each Country in 2006 In the overall context i am willing to accept it as 3 nil because a stand against blatant injustice is more important than winning a test match how ever the result of that game had nothing to do with the on field cricketing performance becuase it's quite evident that PAK had dominated the test match.

Talking of if's, if u take banana chuck of shabbir out of equation pakistan wud have ended up losing west indies series 2-0 and ended up drawing england series 1-1 but then I am sure only those if's should be invoked which paints it all green..
yea and PAK would have won the 2005 test series against IND by a margin of 2 nil... :wtg:
Guest dada_rocks

In the overall context i am willing to accept it as 3 nil because a stand against blatant injustice is more important than winning a test match how ever the result of that game had nothing to do with the on field cricketing performance becuase it's quite evident that PAK had dominated the test match.
Talking of if's, if u take banana chuck of shabbir out of equation pakistan wud have ended up losing west indies series 2-0 and ended up drawing england series 1-1 but then I am sure only those if's should be invoked which paints it all green..
yea and PAK would have won the 2005 test series against IND by a margin of 2 nil... :wtg:
Dominated and would have won is not the same thing... Hope now u know ifs and buts are meaningless BS :wtg:
Guest dada_rocks

" a stand against blatant injustice" So i suppose u dont count the WI victory which came on the back of a chucker and are against Aktar and Asif playing any form of cricket for the next couple of years?
That is legal :lmao: When it's conveneitn it becomes matter of fair game and when it's conveneint it becomes all about winning be it banana chuck of shabbir or induction of bonafide dopey thugs in the team....As i always say litle consistency goes a long way MP brother, try it, it's not that hard..

" a stand against blatant injustice" So i suppose u dont count the WI victory which came on the back of a chucker and are against Aktar and Asif playing any form of cricket for the next couple of years?
Just like dozens of other bowlers he had been cleared by the ICC to play...Harbajan has been banned to bowl the doosra yet he continues to bowl it what do you have to say to that? What's the injustice in playing Shoaib and Asif now?

That is legal :lmao: When it's conveneitn it becomes matter of fair game and when it's conveneint it becomes all about winning be it banana chuck of shabbir or induction of bonafide dopey thugs in the team....As i always say litle consistency goes a long way MP brother, try it, it's not that hard..
Off course it is legal...testings were internal and the decision was made that it was unintentional use of drugs...just like in the case of Greg Rudeski. It's up to the board to treat the players how ever they want and if you remember when the news was revealed PCB made it clear that they were not going to hide anything but they will try to save their careers. So just like CA decided to let off Warne and Waugh the PCB in the same way decided to let off Asif and Shoaib...the only difference here is that the PCB didn't try to hide anything while CA tried to sweep the issue under the carpet. Note that i too am extremely displeased at the way PCB handled the issue which allowed the lawyers and the medical staff to easily shred them to pieces...how ever to call it all 'illegal' is just wrong.

Re: Test - Results for each Country in 2006 ICC never banned bhajji.He was tested numerous times and let off cos it met the legal limits (and no bogus excuse like bent arm). But that wasnt the case with Shabbir ahmed...he was tested and banned right after the 2nd test in WI.Which means,he was chucking in that series and that just means he chucked to get his wickets,which was the main reason u won that test. Match fixing,as bad as it was, wasnt favorable to their team. They fixed most of the time to lose or make changes that affects the game plan...Waugh,Warne,Azhar,Malik never won a game for their country by match fixing. So basically when ACB let off Warne/Waugh, it was their risk. Not other countries. They were morally and ethically wrong but they didnt "cheat to win". Remember the same ACB banning their best bowler for the World cup for a much lesser offense of direutics. The greg rudeski excuse. 2 different situations(if u have been part of threads on this issue,its been proved to a point how rudeski got off). Just cos a murderer (OJ simpson) got off,it doesnt mean every single murderer should get off. Anyway Aktar and Asif, took drugs to enhance their muscles/stamina....in other words cheat..And thats exactly what pakistan will be doing if they play a single game with them in the squad...Technicality or not. Which is as big an injustice as being charged with false ball tampering charges. if ignorance was a good enuf excuse for PCB,i pity the pak legal system

ICC never banned bhajji.He was tested numerous times and let off cos it met the legal limits (and no bogus excuse like bent arm). But that wasnt the case with Shabbir ahmed...he was tested and banned right after the 2nd test in WI.Which means' date='he was chucking in that series and that just means he chucked to get his wickets,which was the main reason u won that test.[/quote'] First of all Shabbir was banned after the 1st test against ENG and not after the test vs ENG..yes he was reported after the 2nd test at Jamaica but ended up passing the test and was allowed to bowl vs ENG where he once again was reported and hence was banned for a year! Harbahjan on the other hand was reported for just one parrticular delievery(doosra) and just like S Malik he too was banned to bowl it ...so while S Malik has now totally stopped bowling the doosra H Singh continues to openly bowl it.
Match fixing,as bad as it was, wasnt favorable to their team. They fixed most of the time to lose or make changes that affects the game plan...Waugh,Warne,Azhar,Malik never won a game for their country by match fixing. So basically when ACB let off Warne/Waugh, it was their risk. Not other countries. They were morally and ethically wrong but they didnt "cheat to win". Remember the same ACB banning their best bowler for the World cup for a much lesser offense of direutics.
They could have easily involved other players in and the whole game of cricket would have turned in to a circus...the match fixing history in AUS goes back to the 70s so it can be argued that it was CA's negligence that brought match fixing in the game of cricket. But more importantly you are missing a key point here...Both Warne and Waugh were not just accused but even admitted of match fixings while in this case both Asif and Shoaib were able to prove their innocence in front an independent panel....so unlike Warne and Waugh in this case Asif and Shoaib were aquitted and not forgiven.
The greg rudeski excuse. 2 different situations(if u have been part of threads on this issue,its been proved to a point how rudeski got off). Just cos a murderer (OJ simpson) got off,it doesnt mean every single murderer should get off. Anyway Aktar and Asif, took drugs to enhance their muscles/stamina....in other words cheat..And thats exactly what pakistan will be doing if they play a single game with them in the squad...Technicality or not. Which is as big an injustice as being charged with false ball tampering charges. if ignorance was a good enuf excuse for PCB,i pity the pak legal system
How can you say with out a shadow of a doubt that they deliberately took drugs? Apparently both the lawyers and the 'neutral' medical staff were able to convince the independent panel that both men were innocent. Now during the 1st hearing where the players didn't have time to gather the medical evidence nor were they able to hire legal and medical experts...they were both banned. So back then if we were happy to accept the 'guilty' verdict then why can't we at least respect the non-guilty verdict. So here i am not unhappy at either panel how ever i am unhappy at the way PCB handled the case and how their incompetence allowed technicality to play a huge part in this whole issue.

Re: Test - Results for each Country in 2006 1st,Bhajjis doosra WAS NOT BANNED.That is exactly why he openly bowls it. Again,u r getting confused about innocence and ignorance. Innocence is when they had no drugs in their system,which is not the case at all .They didnt even want the 2nd sample tested nor did they contest the findings. So it is acknowledged that the drug was present in their system. All the "neutral" experts hired by the bowlers/PCB were only suggesting that they were ignorant(which doesnt hold up in any court of law except of course PCB) or the tests were irrelevant due to a technicality.So either way they are guilty of cheating. This is the exact reason why WADA/ICC wont shut up about this issue. PCB cant make up their own laws if they wanna be a part of ICC. Matchfixing and doping are different categories totally. They cannot be compared no matter which is more sinister. Doping along with ball/pitch tampering goes into the "cheating to win" category. Lets say,in US, a guy complains abt the noise from his neighbor to the cops and the police while asking the neighbor to turn his tv down, gets suspicious and goes inside his home and finds a corpse with him watching a video of him killing. The killer will go free, cos the cops never had a warrant in the 1st place. But does tht make him less of a killer? Nor will the killer saying tht he didnt know that when he shot the other person,he would die. Getting off on a technicality or playing ignorance doesnt mean he was less of a killer. Thats the darkest analogy i have ever thought of.

Guest dada_rocks

Off course it is legal...testings were internal and the decision was made that it was unintentional use of drugs...just like in the case of Greg Rudeski. It's up to the board to treat the players how ever they want and if you remember when the news was revealed PCB made it clear that they were not going to hide anything but they will try to save their careers. So just like CA decided to let off Warne and Waugh the PCB in the same way decided to let off Asif and Shoaib...the only difference here is that the PCB didn't try to hide anything while CA tried to sweep the issue under the carpet. Note that i too am extremely displeased at the way PCB handled the issue which allowed the lawyers and the medical staff to easily shred them to pieces...how ever to call it all 'illegal' is just wrong.
We are tal;kling cricket and so draw examples from cricketing world.. YEah that crap of unintentional crime no court of law buys except when it;s in pakistan for that matter they ratify military rule and rape of cnstition too more or less every other year so what to say.. :wtg: BU;; $hit example of match fixing again.. in that episode there were akram inzi (who refused to apeear before court(, latif and hoards pf others who continued playing in comparison weather report of waugh was nothing.. ditto in india there was mongia who kept on playing ditto in sa there was gibbs who kept on playing.. obviously there were two tier of crime one was obvious another was not so obvious.. obvious ones acorss the country got kicked and rest got benefit of doubt.. again when u are talking druggies restrict urself to the precedence created by drug matters in crickleting world. hats off to ausies for dropping someone like warne again it was internal test .. land of thugs.. don't worry ur goose will be cooked.. it's nto over yet apprently pakistan govt is signatory to wada and that includes PCB....