Is this effort going to help in future too?

King

We have seen many times India squandering a perfectly set last test match but this one has been pretty astounding. The emphatic fashion in which India has scored runs in the decider test match indicates this team has now matured a little more. The onus was not on individuals and everyone can take credit for this inning although Anil Kumble is ultimately the hero for the fashion in which he scored runs. India was for a change positive and looked like they knew what they were doing. Make no mistake the huge score has come thanks to good partnerships at the top and positive attitude. It would have been easy for India to sit back and expect England to do all the running but India has shown they had right things at the back of their mind. I hope to see India draw inspiration from this test match in future when similar scenarios arise. For me this is a top class achievement because India despite being 1 up has shown positive intent.

The'yre on the verge of a crushing victory led by solid team spirit. An emphatic win will carry them into the right frame of mind for Pakistan's visit in the Autumn (which should pose little diificulty) but more importantly for the greatest challenge of all, the test series in Australia starting on Boxing Day.

Terrific team effort it has been! The openers led by laying good foundation and productive partnerships followed. I never knew our lower order could score so many runs even on a dead track! I think the pitch is still fantastic for batting and the England team can also score as many runs if they don't crumble under pressure!

The'yre on the verge of a crushing victory led by solid team spirit. An emphatic win will carry them into the right frame of mind for Pakistan's visit in the Autumn (which should pose little diificulty) but more importantly for the greatest challenge of all' date= the test series in Australia starting on Boxing Day.
we will see about that.:D
MM, Pakistan doesnt have any form right now...We have barely played any cricket since the world cup, just the 3 odi's against srilanka if im right.. But still, Indian team is still better than Pakistan in test cricket..
Ok Ali , I shall re-word my statement slightly then. I think India is better than pakistan at the moment , based on current form and the collective experience and pedigree of its batting.
with pakistan..anything is possible...but if they drop inzi..and tour india,...their batting will be weak..and law of average will apply on YK and MOYO...they will have average series this time.... we are really beating Pakistan regularly in Tests and ODIs..since 2000... will be a good contest...
Since 2000 Matches played(ODIs): 30 Won by PAK: 17 Won by IND: 13 Tests Played: 9 Won by PAK: 3 Won by IND: 3 Draws: 3