IPL Legend Murali Vijay's epic LOL moment .

rageaddict

i am little too old for hyper reacting mate, i am not a high school kid. You just check all the posts made in different threads and make you judgement. If this statement that i have made is of any distaste, i would take it back. But the point is, ICF for me is a window into India, the interactions of the various linguistic,cultural nationhood's within India, it has been a revelation. I would not be stupid to try and control the flow here, just observing. Lots of palpable hate towards certain communities from general mass of the average Indian male cricketing fan and i see the dividing line right at the borders of TN for some reason. But i am cool mate :two_thumbs_up:
There is a quite a bit of banter between various groups here on ICF, its not hatred. No need to cry hatred/racism every time someone takes a light hearted jab. If you find a post offensive, just click the report button and mods will take care.

There is a quite a bit of banter between various groups here on ICF' date=' its [b']not hatred. No need to cry hatred/racism every time someone takes a light hearted jab. If you find a post offensive, just click the report button and mods will take care.
i will keep that in mind if i am in the forum again, thanks for letting me make my point.

Dude, IPL naturally divides us into our our part of the country. Nobody takes it seriously, except perhaps Sir John (Rajputs :facepalm:) and even he is the forum's only die-hard supporter of Kenya for the rest of the year. Die hard supporter. People from all kinds of places catch crap - dilliwalas are gawaar, bombaywalas are bambis (I mean WTF?) and Kolkatans are, well Kolkatans. Tell me why you are offended by lungi?

Also, Vilander, if you think people are picking on Vijay because he's a southie, then lets try and see ICF's Most Hated Players if we see a pattern of racism in it. Here it is in no particular order (except No.1) Ravindra Jadeja Sreesanth Harbhajan Nehra Vinay Kumar Yusuf Pathan Praveen Kumar Munaf Patel Parthiv Patel Piyush Chawla Most of them are actually ridiculed and ribbed endlessly based on their most memorable performance (or lack of) that their supporters interpret as 'hating'. Now, do you see a pattern of racism? I'm definitely seeing a bowler bias.

Bollywood has tradionally used people speaking horrible English, lungi and kalli to downgrade south people. Mehmood Ali was a big offender. There is a movie where he was a madrasi and painted his face black. There is a lot of soft racism even in hum hai Rahi pyar ke. When I went to Delhi for a visa interview one of the locals asked me why Tamil girls are all so black. While most posters do not mean anything malicious it is easy to get mis interpretted when kalli and lungi are used.

casual bigotry is not something that is exclusive to the north. Its a bad habit which exists all over India. I have seen pretty much the same attitude towards dark skin in Tamilnadu as I have in the north. That being said, this is very different from the jibes and counter jibes exchanged over ICF. Far more fun has been made of Rajputs (especially after SJ started defending them), Bambis, Dilli dehaatis, jats in Haryana. Its fun to have a bit of banter going on during IPL, just that. Nothing more nothing less

^ Dude' date=' bollywood caters to the lowest common denominator. And ICF consists of moderately educated people most of whom have travelled at least 1000 km from their place of birth.[/quote'] I did not accuse ICFers. I said it can be misinterpreted. Bambi sounds cool though. Not sure why Mumbai walas are sad for that.

Bollywood has tradionally used people speaking horrible English, lungi and kalli to downgrade south people. Mehmood Ali was a big offender. There is a movie where he was a madrasi and painted his face black. There is a lot of soft racism even in hum hai Rahi pyar ke. When I went to Delhi for a visa interview one of the locals asked me why Tamil girls are all so black. While most posters do not mean anything malicious it is easy to get mis interpretted when kalli and lungi are used.
Kya baata karein....Mahmood plays a hyderabadi not a madrasi. Now I am offended. :whack:

If it exists, why is there dislike between naarthies and sauthies? I am not talking abt ICFers but overall in India. Is it because of 'fear or anxiety of different culture' that society inculcates in people? Hope such differences are extinguished in next-gen in India.

If it exists' date='[b'] why is there dislike between naarthies and sauthies? I am not talking abt ICFers but overall in India. Is it because of 'fear or anxiety of different culture' that society inculcates in people? Hope such differences are extinguished in next-gen in India.
I personally do not think there is any dislike between Northies and Southies. At least not amongst the majority of them. I have many northie friends and acquaintances and I never felt any dislike from anyone of them. Yes, many are still ignorant about other's culture but I see that fading away very soon because technology is bringing people closer.

^ Yes you are right nikki bhava, possibly ppl have misconceptions about each other's culture. And maybe practical difficulties like a group of people talking in Hindi and a Tamil person not able to follow the conversation, or vice-versa. With technology and more peeps able to speak in English (when needed), these differences are bound to fade.