Boys

superstar

What annoys me more is when IPL franchises and organizers claim that the IPL unearthed talent like Shane Watson, Narine and Shaun Marsh, which is simply nonsense. They were already established players which is why they were bought in the first place.

What annoys me more is when IPL franchises and organizers claim that the IPL unearthed talent like Shane Watson' date=' Narine and Shaun Marsh, which is simply nonsense. They were already established players which is why they were bought in the first place.[/quote'] Agree Steven smith was revelation. He never was expected to much but he proved everyone wrong. But narine, marsh, malinga, pietersen, warner, gayle, these guys have been proven players. They performed at intl scene first and then came over to IPL to do well. Owners are only paying these guys, nothing more nothing else.

What annoys me more is when IPL franchises and organizers claim that the IPL unearthed talent like Shane Watson' date=' [b']Narine and Shaun Marsh, which is simply nonsense. They were already established players which is why they were bought in the first place.
How many of u knew Narine and Marsh before IPL... Marsh never played international ckt before IPL , Narine a couple of series.. for both of them IPL proved to be a launching pad.

How many of u knew Narine and Marsh before IPL... Marsh never played international ckt before IPL ' date=' Narine a couple of series.. for both of them IPL proved to be a launching pad.[/quote'] I've watched every edition of the CLT20 and have seen Narine playing for T&T there for quite some time. Players like Duminy, Narine, Pollard and Davy Jacobs only play in the IPL based on their performances in the CLT20, that's how franchises take notice of them. I'm pretty sure franchises also watch how players perform in other T20 tournaments around the world. Of course the CLT20's viewership among the general public is much lower compared to the IPL but the fact that the Indian public doesn't know of those players doesn't change the fact that they're already established players. Shaun Marsh was already an established domestic player in Australia and had played two under-19 world cups way back. No IPL franchise is going to buy foreigners who haven't already been tried and tested and have proven successful, that would simply be a waste of funds. Therefore it's wrong for them to take all the credit when they do well. In fact the whole argument that the IPL helps find new talent is rubbish, it's just a cash cow for the BCCI, good income for the players and staff who participate and is good entertainment for the public.

I've watched every edition of the CLT20 and have seen Narine playing for T&T there for quite some time. Players like Duminy, Narine, Pollard and Davy Jacobs only play in the IPL based on their performances in the CLT20, that's how franchises take notice of them. Of course the CLT20's viewership among the general public is much lower compared to the IPL but the fact that the Indian public doesn't know of those players doesn't change the fact that they're already established players. Shaun Marsh was already an established domestic player in Australia and had played two under-19 world cups way back. No IPL franchise is going to buy foreigners who haven't already been tried and tested and have proven successful, that would simply be a waste of funds. Therefore it's wrong for them to take all the credit when they do well.
agree with the last statement. And those who made the big mistake have suffered big time. Esp. with Daniel Sobers Christian. Srsly, why in crap's name did Dan christian have been bought for a million.:orderorder::orderorder:

agree with the last statement. And those who made the big mistake have suffered big time. Esp. with Daniel Sobers Christian. Srsly' date=' why in crap's name did Dan christian have been bought for a million.:orderorder::orderorder:[/quote'] His team, South Australian Redbacks did pretty well in the CLT20 in 2010 and 2011, I forgot how he played but I guess he did well too.