SACHIN - Where art thou?

Dooks

Where is the real Sachin? What is wrong with him? It seems he was playing on a different pitch to the rest of the team (including number 8, 9, 10 & 11). Please man just play normal cricket and don't worry about any records. You may or may not get another century at least you would entertain us. I think you should be playing like one day innings. You have nothing to lose. Just play positive cricket please please please. Man I miss the real Sachin. Sorry Bheembhai, Sriram etc but it was real mind numbing to watch Sachin's innnings today. Please don't tell me that he as just making sure India get to a good score etc. It seems he has just decided to bore us all until his retirement. :sad_smile:

Dooks , You couldnt have read the thoughts in my mind better. From today morning , all i have been thinking was - Why would Sachin score his slowest test 50 on a pitch in which the last wicket pair added 72 in 12 overs ? The only reason I can come up with is - The man has undergone a transformational change in his batting. He is no longer the batsman he once was. We better align our expectations accordingly.

I like him Gambit but man was it boring today. You have got to admit this was a batting paradise yet he was playing like as if he was on a minefield. Number 8, 9, 10 and 11 showed him how to play. Had this been an ODI - he would have murderd all the cr@p bowlers of England (just like Dhoni/Sreeshanth etc) because he would taken the fight to them. I think he has lost that mindset of being the best batter in the world - I think he just doesn't believe in himself to be better then all the rest. He was interviewed on Channel 5 in UK after the 2nd test & he came accross as yes I have changed and with age things change etc. He just didn't seem positive at all.

This is like mungeri lals sapna .... you know the one that goes along the lines ... Biwi chahi wooh bhi bollywood star jaisi ... and one that never grows old ... achha hai
Sorry Bheemy but I don't understand whatever you are trying to say. My hindi not so good. Brought up UK - sorry man.

The opening post should be titled - Exasperated expressions of a True Sachin fan. Man i could literally feel the disappointment , anger, confusion , helplessness in that post ! Hang on Dooks. The champ will come up with some vintage performances now and then. Atleast , he has silenced the critics for now.

Dooks , You couldnt have read the thoughts in my mind better. From today morning , all i have been thinking was - Why would Sachin score his slowest test 50 on a pitch in which the last wicket pair added 72 in 12 overs ? The only reason I can come up with is - The man has undergone a transformational change in his batting. He is no longer the batsman he once was. We better align our expectations accordingly.
Sriram - expectation is fine. I don't expect him to blast the opposition or play with style as he used few years ago. This performance was probably the lowest of the low really. It's his mindset - I am sure. All he seems to be interested in is getting to a 100 yet after all that hard work (boring you have admit) he didn't get there. Was taufled in the last test. Perhaps if he was just that bit aggresive he could have scored that extra 9 runs before he was Taufled. :angry_smile:
The opening post should be titled - Exasperated expressions of a True Sachin fan. Man i could literally feel the disappointment , anger, confusion , helplessness in that post ! Hang on Dooks. The champ will come up with some vintage performances now and then. Atleast , he has silenced the critics for now.
But when Man. He is nearing 35 and perhaps has about 1/2 years. I don't see it. His body language just isn't positive enough man.
But when Man. He is nearing 35 and perhaps has about 1/2 years. I don't see it. His body language just isn't positive enough man.
You dont have to look far Dooks. His 93 against the Saffies in the third ODI was a class apart from the rest of the batsman. And yea , hang tight for this following one day series. If we seal the series in the first 4-5 matches , you could see the master unleashing some of his lost fury in the last couple of games.
You dont have to look far Dooks. His 93 against the Saffies in the third ODI was a class apart from the rest of the batsman. And yea , hang tight for this following one day series. If we seal the series in the first 4-5 matches , you could see the master unleashing some of his lost fury in the last couple of games.
Oh I hope so. He will be great in the ODI series no dought since he is back to his best position of number 1. But I wanted to the great man play like a great man for last time in UK but alas no.

There is a different amount of pressure when the team is 3 down for 190 on a relatively easy pitch vs. coming in with 400 on the board. hats off to SRT for throwing the aesthetics out of the window and sticking to his job in the middle order to allow others to play around him. I admire his ability to play to the team's needs. You want to see him slog away watch the ODIs.

Sorry Bheemy but I don't understand whatever you are trying to say. My hindi not so good. Brought up UK - sorry man.
He was saying that your opinion is something along the lines of how a person wants a wife who would look like a "Bollywood star" forever. I don't know who Mongeri Lal is - i am guessing he must be some director, and Sapna must be the title of some Bollywood film. ...but yeah, i share your sentiments. Tendulkar was by far the worst of all the Indian batsmen who took strike during the last two days. I'll post more on this later...right now, i need to edit my Premiership Fantasy football team for tomorrow ! :shades_smile:

How does it matter how many balls he took? In hindsight it is easy to say he wasn't as fluent as Kumble but if tried a shot to two more and got out early you guys would be unhappy why was he throwing his bat around. Finally get over with it and stop living in 1990s. This is 2007, Tendulkar of 90s is no more and this is the Tendulkar you have to get used to whether you like it or not.

Where is the real Sachin? What is wrong with him? It seems he was playing on a different pitch to the rest of the team (including number 8, 9, 10 & 11).
I am surprised to read some criticism about the way Sachin played. Only he can truly answer if he was struggling to score but after such a good start we lost two quick wickets and it was upto him to take us past 500; with ganguly, laxman and dhoni he almost took us there. Kumble's inning was a bonus but most of us would have been happy with 510-525. Yes at times his innings was ugly but he got the job done.
And yea ' date=' hang tight for this following one day series. If we seal the series in the first 4-5 matches , you could see the master unleashing some of his lost fury in the last couple of games.[/quote'] Why wait till the series has been decided in the first 4-5 matches? Why not vent his anger/fury to secure the series in the first place? Bah!:confused_smile:
Finally get over with it and stop living in 1990s. This is 2007' date=' Tendulkar of 90s is no more and this is the Tendulkar you have to get used to whether you like it or not.[/quote'] I didnt expect to see the sublime SRT of the 90s, just someone with a positive mindset and desire to score quickly! For Godsakes! Kumble is older than him and doesn't possess a fraction of the batting talent SRT possesses - even then he scored fairly quickly and positively!! Hard to defend SRT's boring innings here - useful maybe but boring without a reason nevertheless :confused_smile:

Just listen to what Holding was saying during the lunch break and he was spot on imo. It was absolutely necessary to stay and bat and SRT did just that. He was opening up right after 400 (a safe score) was achieved. The RR never went too low, there was no need for anything risky.