A bit late to the party but looks like Chennai Choohaas got owned?

The Outsider

Yeah' date=' unfortunately, I was away on the long weekend and could not enjoy the Mahaan Model Madraasi Murali's catch live in action. :(([/quote'] Only Indian cricketer/ Pilot :two_thumbs_up:

Lol at this sort of logic. so Australia is stil the undisputed ODI champ in your world then
They're not currently world champs but overall they're still by far the best ODI team of all time until someone else wins as many or more world cups than them. Similarly CSK are still the best IPL team by quite some distance, they certainly didn't get owned. It was a very close match that could have gone either way, KKR were just more desperate to win and won the key moments that could have made the difference. As for Vijay, yes that was hilarious but I honestly don't think it would have changed the outcome of the match since the next ball was a boundary and they would have still needed only 10 or 11 off the last over, considering how Bravo bowled that night KKR would have won it anyway. It was Hilfenhaus' mistake to bowl a no ball at that time, he should have just tried to bowl a safe legal ball that didn't go for a boundary instead of trying to get another wicket.

It was Hilfenhaus' mistake to bowl a no ball at that time' date=' he should have just tried to bowl a safe legal ball that didn't go for a boundary i[b']nstead of trying to get another wicket.
Chennai Choohas secret wicket taking delivery being exposed by their fans - the waist high full toss! :clap:

They're not currently world champs but overall they're still by far the best ODI team of all time until someone else wins as many or more world cups than them. Similarly CSK are still the best IPL team by quite some distance, they certainly didn't get owned. It was a very close match that could have gone either way, KKR were just more desperate to win and won the key moments that could have made the difference.
So why did India celebrate like we have won the world in 2011. We should wait till we win 4 more world cups before celebrating :cantstop:

A batsman cannot be run out off a no ball' date= if he is not aware of the illegal delivery. But they exploit an unaware-celebration-obsessed-coolness-personified fielder like Vj instead of calling it a dead ball. Different yardsticks for different peeps :sniffle:
You can however be run out while taking a run and aware that it was a no-ball -- the scenario which took place in the IPL final.

A batsman cannot be run out off a no ball' date= if he is not aware of the illegal delivery. But they exploit an unaware-celebration-obsessed-coolness-personified fielder like Vj instead of calling it a dead ball. Different yardsticks for different peeps :sniffle:
Yes, a batsman can be run out off a no-ball while taking a run. The only time a batsman can't be run out is if he thinks he's dismissed and is walking towards the pavilion which was not the case in Vijay scenario. Shakib and Tiwary were running to score and knew fully well it was a no-ball and that's why they kept on running and took the 2nd run even after Vijay had taken the catch and was running around like a brainless chicken a la Akhtar.

They're not currently world champs but overall they're still by far the best ODI team of all time until someone else wins as many or more world cups than them. Similarly CSK are still the best IPL team by quite some distance, they certainly didn't get owned. It was a very close match that could have gone either way, KKR were just more desperate to win and won the key moments that could have made the difference. As for Vijay, yes that was hilarious but I honestly don't think it would have changed the outcome of the match since the next ball was a boundary and they would have still needed only 10 or 11 off the last over, considering how Bravo bowled that night KKR would have won it anyway. It was Hilfenhaus' mistake to bowl a no ball at that time, he should have just tried to bowl a safe legal ball that didn't go for a boundary instead of trying to get another wicket.
I think you are missing the fact that Vijay's error allowed a relatively set and more dangerous batsman (Shakib in this case) on strike. If Vijay had showed any common sense the batsmen could not have taken more than 1 run and Tiwary would have been on strike, and I don't think Tiwary would have hit a 4 off Hilfenhaus off the first delivery he had to face. That would have left 12-13 runs to defend off the last over which is different from getting 9 from the last over.

So why did India celebrate like we have won the world in 2011. We should wait till we win 4 more world cups before celebrating :cantstop:
Speak for yourself. That's one of the things I hate about Indians in general, always going overboard. Considering how the population of UP alone is probably higher than the combined population of all other test playing nations it's a shame that India has only won 2 world cups. This is the same reason why I always laugh at England when their fans boast, they invented the game and have won just ICC cup (the one of lowest value).

Chennai Choohas secret wicket taking delivery being exposed by their fans - the waist high full toss! :clap:
He was probably trying to get a yorker in and missed. He bowled 2 fulltosses against MI and allowed Dwayne Smith to win a game in the league phase like that, should have just made sure he bowled a legal ball that wouldn't go for a boundary.
^ what does CSK's overall performance do with this years lose... if your logic taken KKR must be laughed seeing how they performed in first 3 years
Celebrating their win is fine but how can losing a close game in the final be considered being "owned"?