Any one with a stock market idea ? Explain

Sehwag1830

Is their software as good ? Also' date=' any other hidden charges that are involved.[/quote'] No Hidden charges seem to there. S/w etc I don't have the knowledge. I hear its decent. You could have 2 trading accounts if you wish. BTW I have geojit bnp paribas currently - great software and absolutely wonderful customer support. Talked to the branch manager just now. He sort of agreed for 0.2%(right now its 0.3%) but I insisted for fixed charges per trade and told him abt zerodha (i guess he knew it already). He says he will get back to me by evening. Which one do you currently have?

No Hidden charges seem to there. S/w etc I don't have the knowledge. I hear its decent. You could have 2 trading accounts if you wish. BTW I have geojit bnp paribas currently - great software and absolutely wonderful customer support. Talked to the branch manager just now. He sort of agreed for 0.2%(right now its 0.3%) but I insisted for fixed charges per trade and told him abt zerodha (i guess he knew it already). He says he will get back to me by evening. Which one do you currently have?
ICCI direct. Wonderful software (web interface) imo as well as other friends who use it. Customer service is top class as you would expect from ICCI, be it telephonic support or couriers or branch availabilities. Paying a bit high but it's okay if i cover up in profits. The trade off for high cost for software and service is nothing compared to even reasonable profit.

Saurav/Velu How much weight does the bank nifty have in the overall nifty? - http://www.moneycontrol.com/indian-indices/bank-nifty-23.html For ex., if the bank nifty were to fall to 14200, how much would the nifty fall from the current levels assuming IT/Pharma and other indices are at the same level?
Nifty 50 weightage http://www.adityabirlamoney.com/Equity/NiftyWeightage.aspx?ID=72 they ll recompute the weightage once in 3 months if i m not wrong abt ur question:- its not straight fwd and both r different indices Most of the Bank nifty stocks are not the part of Nifty 50

Nifty 50 weightage http://www.adityabirlamoney.com/Equity/NiftyWeightage.aspx?ID=72 they ll recompute the weightage once in 3 months if i m not wrong abt ur question:- its not straight fwd and both r different indices Most of the Bank nifty stocks are not the part of Nifty 50
Thanks. It looks to be arnd 20% (Private+PSU Banks + NBFCs) at the moment. They must look at the Market cap at the end of 3 months (as you said) to decide the weight - http://www.moneycontrol.com/stocks/top-companies-in-india/market-capitalisation-bse/banks-private-sector.html http://www.moneycontrol.com/stocks/top-companies-in-india/market-capitalisation-bse/banks-public-sector.html

Saurav/Velu How much weight does the bank nifty have in the overall nifty? - http://www.moneycontrol.com/indian-indices/bank-nifty-23.html For ex., if the bank nifty were to fall to 14200, how much would the nifty fall from the current levels assuming IT/Pharma and other indices are at the same level?
Be prepared for the Nifty to fall till 7300. May bounce back earlier too.

No Hidden charges seem to there. S/w etc I don't have the knowledge. I hear its decent. You could have 2 trading accounts if you wish. BTW I have geojit bnp paribas currently - great software and absolutely wonderful customer support. Talked to the branch manager just now. He sort of agreed for 0.2%(right now its 0.3%) but I insisted for fixed charges per trade and told him abt zerodha (i guess he knew it already). He says he will get back to me by evening. Which one do you currently have?
I hope it's clear for you that Zerodha would charge you Rs. 20 + service tax + STT. The big advantage of Zerodha is that they charge 20 irrespective of the size of the trade - so buying 10 ITC shares or a 1000 ITC shares have the same flat brokerage charge of 20. But do add service tax and STT also.

ICCI direct. Wonderful software (web interface) imo as well as other friends who use it. Customer service is top class as you would expect from ICCI' date=' be it telephonic support or couriers or branch availabilities. Paying a bit high but it's okay if i cover up in profits. The trade off for high cost for software and service is nothing compared to even reasonable profit.[/quote'] Frankly, the only way high brokerage can justify itself is if you have great advisory with it. The rest (customer service) is almost the same for all brokerages. Does ICICI give you personalised service? How much time do you get to square-off your intradays? Do you get monthly advisory seminars? Only after I switched from a bank-based broker to a different broker did I realize how pointless these bankwala brokerages are.

mean .. in sharekhan and oswal , shorting options blocked.. in anandrathi its allowed .. never tried other brokers
Shorting is allowed by default in geojit as well
Be prepared for the Nifty to fall till 7300. May bounce back earlier too.
Prepared for 7300. What is concerning is if it falls upto 7000 or below on account of drought fears, not-so-bright budget etc. how probable is that? One ques. if any of you wanna take, if I own a share in delivery and the short it in intraday and do not cover for it till the end of the day, does it get adjusted against the shares that I own in delivery or does it still go to the auction?

Shorting is allowed by default in geojit as well Prepared for 7300. What is concerning is if it falls upto 7000 or below on account of drought fears, not-so-bright budget etc. how probable is that? One ques. if any of you wanna take, if I own a share in delivery and the short it in intraday and do not cover for it till the end of the day, does it get adjusted against the shares that I own in delivery or does it still go to the auction?
Gets adjusted, but clarify with your broker.

I hope it's clear for you that Zerodha would charge you Rs. 20 + service tax + STT. The big advantage of Zerodha is that they charge 20 irrespective of the size of the trade - so buying 10 ITC shares or a 1000 ITC shares have the same flat brokerage charge of 20. But do add service tax and STT also.
yep, its clear...there's a nice tool of their website on which you can get an idea of hpw much you could save in a year(input your avg weekly trade volumes and brokerage) if you shift to zerodha . check this page out - https://zerodha.com/pricing

I have Oswal. Not blocked.
then you have millions :--D but i never tried zeroda .. most of my trades were shorting options and sometimes i hedge it with buying options.. brokerage is usually high or options everywhere .. min 50rs or 1% i the norm.. ll try zeroda hen i start again

then you have millions :--D but i never tried zeroda .. most of my trades were shorting options and sometimes i hedge it with buying options.. brokerage is usually high or options everywhere .. min 50rs or 1% i the norm.. ll try zeroda hen i start again
You are a pakka punter I see.

Frankly, the only way high brokerage can justify itself is if you have great advisory with it. The rest (customer service) is almost the same for all brokerages. Does ICICI give you personalised service? How much time do you get to square-off your intradays? Do you get monthly advisory seminars? Only after I switched from a bank-based broker to a different broker did I realize how pointless these bankwala brokerages are.
I will check out and reply once i read all the services offered as part of the subscription. Then we can make a fair comparison.