Akhtar lands himself in more trouble

King

Fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar could find himself in more trouble after throwing a tantrum at the Pakistan Cricket Board headquarters in Lahore last evening. More... KARACHI, August 11: Fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar could find himself in more trouble after throwing a tantrum at the Pakistan Cricket Board headquarters in Lahore last evening. Akhtar was earlier fined a total of 300,000 rupees and docked points from his new central contract for indiscipline. The paceman had left the training camp ahead of the Twenty20 world championship without notice and failed to show up before the disciplinary committee to respond to charges of misconduct levelled against him. Last evening, the mercurial bowler showed up at the Gaddafi stadium where the Board offices are located and demanded to see top officials, Shafqat Nagmi and Zakir Khan. Eyewitnesses said that on not finding them present in their rooms, Akhtar lost his temper and kicked the doors and used some foul words to describe the officials. Later Geo Television quoted Akhtar as saying he was protesting over the action taken against him without giving him a chance to state his side of the story. He said he had only received the letter to appear before the disciplinary committee on Thursday evening and that he had left the camp because of a neck strain and had informed team manager Talat Ali. The Board has given Akhtar two weeks to appeal against the penalties imposed on him and the player said he would consult his legal advisor on the case. "He was very angry and upset and said the Board had taken discriminatory action against him and had been unfair with him," an eyewitness said. Shoaib has been included in Pakistan's squad for the inaugural Twenty20 World championship in South Africa.

Still don't know how to believe. The PCB Director Media Ahsan Hameed Malik, however, said he didn’t hear Shoiab using harsh words in Gaddafi Stadium where the PCB is headquartered. “I was sitting in my room and Shoaib came to me but he did not express any grievance over the PCB decision about the fine,†said the official. “Shoaib has also talked to Shafqat Naghmi over the phone but I have no idea what he said to the COO.†I have spoken against Shoaib's behavior on numerous occassions but i feel this time he is being treated unfairly, you cant just fine some one(and that too 300,000 rupees) with out even listening to his side of the story. So i am with Shoaib on this one.

Guest dada_rocks

it's nothing new pakistan traditionally have had few of these characters always.. bigger surrise is why these kind of chracters are tolerated thereby giving credence to this kind of behaviour

it's nothing new pakistan traditionally have had few of these characters always.. bigger surrise is why these kind of chracters are tolerated thereby giving credence to this kind of behaviour
I dont understand why he is tolerated either...I would understand if it was before, when he was our only good fast bowler..but now we have Asif and Gul who are better than him...but yet he is still tolerated for his daily nonsense.
Guest dada_rocks

See cricket can't be different from how things are done in other walks of society in pakistan...... In general pakistani people have come to terms with chaotic existance be it cricket field or any other field. For them it's little irritant nothing more nothing less. See even u are saying I can understand his modd-swing being tolerated earlier but why now. U forget one thing the moment u make one exception forwhatever reason u lose the will to wield the rod forever. The moment u sacrifice principle on altar of expediency , you essentially have surrendered it for eternity. You might lull yourself about course-correction on later date but that's not happening.