Why do Southie movies have Northie heroines?

Prakat

What is it that causes southie film industries to be dominated by northie heroines? How does it affect the local females when they see their modern love stories in their languages but without them? When the movies they see all have their men idealizing a kind of beauty which is not their own? wouldn't it be a little soul-crusing? Why don't southie men find their women beautiful? it would be like if hindi movies had heroines who were all blonde, blue-eyed. it would certainly be very disorienting for women if the saw that. Its kind of like all the men were saying 'we don't find you beautiful' which is very sad. (Its not even equatible with vyjayntimala, rekha, hema and sridevi's careers in bollywood. For one they were all talented dancers and hindi cinema was going through a phase where it valued classical dance training.)

What is it that causes southie film industries to be dominated by northie heroines? How does it affect the local females when they see their modern love stories in their languages but without them? When the movies they see all have their men idealizing a kind of beauty which is not their own? wouldn't it be a little soul-crusing? Why don't southie men find their women beautiful? it would be like if hindi movies had heroines who were all blonde, blue-eyed. it would certainly be very disorienting for women if the saw that. Its kind of like all the men were saying 'we don't find you beautiful' which is very sad. (Its not even equatible with vyjayntimala, rekha, hema and sridevi's careers in bollywood. For one they were all talented dancers and hindi cinema was going through a phase where it valued classical dance training.)
That's BS. First of all they were all not part the same "phase". LOL! Secondly, you can't just call them all talented dancers. Rekha was a damn good actress, Hema and Vijyantimala were pretty and Sridevi was versatile. Now back to why Southie movies have Northie heroines, the ones who get imported are fat and ugly (kushboo, nagma, ...) and much worse than many of the local heroines (Sneha, Trisha, Asin, etc). So yea, I am not sure why we need those fat and ugly biatches. :giggle: BTW, you forgot to include Aish who was brought up in Karnataka and made her debut in Tamil. :winky:

Am not one for a dirty mind but in the context of this thread...
It's amazing how SJ comes up with one unintented awesome one-liner after another. That or he is just pulling an Andy Kaufman on all of us. :ohmy:

That's BS. First of all they were all not part the same "phase". LOL! Secondly, you can't just call them all talented dancers. Rekha was a damn good actress, Hema and Vijyantimala were pretty and Sridevi was versatile. Now back to why Southie movies have Northie heroines, the ones who get imported are fat and ugly (kushboo, nagma, ...) and much worse than many of the local heroines (Sneha, Trisha, etc). So yea, I am not sure why we need those fat and ugly biatches. :giggle: BTW, you forgot to include Aish who was brought up in Karnataka and made her debut in Tamil. :winky:
Ok. Not a phase but it ended. However that is not the point. I mentioned it because I was anticipating some posters to get defensive and bring them up. As for nagma etc. Southie movies are full of bolly rejects. I get SJ's point of it being an easy port of entry into filmdom. A lot of them actually use it as a sort of training ground and build up a portfolio which they can use to get into bollywood. PC for one. And if they don't make it then they stick around and cash the cheques.

^BTW your reference to Hollywood vs Bollywood is totally on the wrong track. We are the same country, same race. I am not sure how it matters if good/pretty actresses move from one industry to another. We did get some decent imports like Simran and I am fine with it. Just don't get people who are absolutely useless. Tabu, Asin are Malayalees. They act in Bollywood. Do you see a problem with that? :dontknow: Even amongst various Southie states, actors/actresses/singers move a lot. Rahman made music for a gazillion bollywood movies. Did you feel insulted that your movie industry was run for a while by a guy who was from a different culture? :dontknow: I would feel insulted if Bappi Lahari or Anu Malik made music for a Tamil movie though. :P

What is it that causes southie film industries to be dominated by northie heroines? How does it affect the local females when they see their modern love stories in their languages but without them? When the movies they see all have their men idealizing a kind of beauty which is not their own? wouldn't it be a little soul-crusing? Why don't southie men find their women beautiful? (Its not even equatible with vyjayntimala, rekha, hema and sridevi's careers in bollywood. For one they were all talented dancers and hindi cinema was going through a phase where it valued classical dance training.)
Fair Skin....beauty...modern looks...Which the southie heroins lack. A Sneha, Asin, Trisha are only a few among a sea of northies. These days southies drool over white skin with a lil bit of waist line. (think Khusboo...now Namitha) Southern Heroes and Heroins (except for some Tamil Heroes) are mostly doltish and they look like it on the other hand northies have an air of high culture and some of them are smart and sophisticated in appearance though their movies are universally bad.
it would be like if hindi movies had heroines who were all blonde, blue-eyed. it would certainly be very disorienting for women if the saw that. Its kind of like all the men were saying 'we don't find you beautiful' which is very sad.
Fair & Lovely

^BTW your reference to Hollywood vs Bollywood is totally on the wrong track. We are the same country, same race. I am not sure how it matters if good/pretty actresses move from one industry to another. We did get some decent imports like Simran and I am fine with it. Just don't get people who are absolutely useless. Tabu, Asin are Malayalees. They act in Bollywood. Do you see a problem with that? :dontknow: Even amongst various Southie states, actors/actresses/singers move a lot. Rahman made music for a gazillion bollywood movies. Did you feel insulted that your movie industry was run for a while by a guy who was from a different culture? :dontknow: I would feel insulted if Bappi Lahari or Anu Malik made music for a Tamil movie though. :P
Tabassum bibi is 400% Hyderabadi. Along with RGV she is the only class export from Hyderabad.

Fair Skin....beauty...modern looks...Which the southie heroins lack. A Sneha' date= Asin, Trisha are only a few among a sea of northies. These days southies drool over white skin with a lil bit of waist line. (think Khusboo...now Namitha) Southern Heroes and Heroins (except for some Tamil Heroes) are mostly doltish and they look like it on the other hand northies have an air of high culture and some of them are smart and sophisticated in appearance though their movies are universally bad. Fair & Lovely
:hysterical:

Tabassum bibi is 400% Hyderabadi. Along with RGV she is the only class export from Hyderabad.
Yea she is from hyd, still a southie state :P Jaya Prada says hi, may be so do a few others. :winky:

I'm not a sucker for white skin. "Even" an Asin' date=' Bipasha, Naditha Das can do me :agree:[/quote'] Nanditha Das is hawt. She can act in Tamil movies all she wants, with my blessing. :giggle: