Why do Southie movies have Northie heroines?

Prakat

I have discussed this with my friends.. Meenakshi seshadri, Hema malini, vijayanti mala all 3 hail from TN. All 3 are iyengar brahmins. Apart from Sridevi i don't know any non bramin who is very famous has come out of TN. Rati Agnihotri is from Chennai though a punjabi. She grew up there. Not sure if Rekha is an iyer or iyengar. Even among south actresses are mostly from Andhra, kerala and Karnataka. I think in TN they are little more conservative. Madhubala is also a bramhin i think. It is not like you don't have pretty, white skinned girls there. Just that they don't prefer acting. Apart from bramin community i have not seen anyone from TN with ane xception of Sridevi.
Timeless beauty Waheeda Rehman...

That's not true with Southie movies either. Yes, there may be a disproportionate number of "white skinned" Northie gals in Southie movies when compared to the opposite in Bollywood, but I would say it is less than half. May be there was a time when Smiran, Kushboo and Nagma were all acting at the same time, they probably did more than the others, but current movies, from what I have seen aren't as dominated. Of the the 3 I mentioned, only Simran was worth importing, other 2 were trash, IMO. PS: I am not a big Southie (or bollywood) movie watcher, I am very selective in the kind of movies I watch.
So the top heroines right now are south Indian? Maybe an avid watcher can weigh in.

Even in the north.. how many states produces great actresses.. I think Bengal produces substantial amount of actresses. Rani mukerjee not fair skinned. Kajol not fair skinned. Punjab produces the "whitest" actresses.. are they any good actresses from there. At the end of the day how many really make it good.. In Tamil i can roughly put up a list of who was the top actresses in various era 1960s - Saroja devi 1970s - Jayalalitha, Lakshmi, Sujatha 1980s - Radha, Ambika, Revathi, Nadhiya 1990s - Gowthami, Roja, Rambha, Meena, Soundarya, Kushboo, Simran 2000s - Sneha, Trisha, Asin

Even in the north.. how many states produces great actresses.. I think Bengal produces substantial amount of actresses. Rani mukerjee not fair skinned. Kajol not fair skinned. Punjab produces the "whitest" actresses.. are they any good actresses from there. At the end of the day how many really make it good.. In Tamil i can roughly put up a list of who was the top actresses in various era 1960s - Saroja devi 1970s - Jayalalitha, Lakshmi, Sujatha 1980s - Radha, Ambika, Revathi, Nadhiya 1990s - Gowthami, Roja, Rambha, Meena, Soundarya, Kushboo, Simran 2000s - Sneha, Trisha, Asin
Add Nayantara also... BTW I think kerala too has produced top notch actresses - Vidya Balan & Priyamani - both are national award winners and hail from Kerala (in fact they are second cousins!),

Add Nayantara also... BTW I think kerala too has produced top notch actresses - Vidya Balan & Priyamani - both are national award winners and hail from Kerala (in fact they are second cousins!),
North actresses might look "fair skinned" next to guys like Vijaya kanth.. :cantstop: . But seriously they are here mostly for skin show. Nothing else. But in the last 4 or 5 years i see so many off beat village movies where they cast mainly south actresses, typically kerala.

Shreya Saran is another popular actress who can't act but can look the pretty part. She is a Northie, but isn't exactly a bollywood import, having acted mainly in Southie movies. Now she is worth importing. :winky:

North actresses might look "fair skinned" next to guys like Vijaya kanth.. :cantstop: . But seriously they are here mostly for skin show. Nothing else. But in the last 4 or 5 years i see so many off beat village movies where they cast mainly south actresses, typically kerala.
Agree Tamannah, Kajal Agarwal, Tapsee Pannu - absolute shambles in acting and performing only in hero-centric mass masala movies as mere props... Most north commentators have zero idea about how complex south industry is. For them the idea of a south hero is stocky, aging, dark skinned, cooling glass wearing, moustache sporting, guys like Vijayakanth/Ballaya... and typical heroine being a northie cutie just to whet the actor's ego (the girl must chase the guy) while this is true in case of some movies, mostly masala fan-oriented star vehicles of over-the-hill actors, such movies are not the rule... Time's are a changin .

Shreya Saran is another popular actress who can't act but can look the pretty part. She is a Northie' date=' but isn't exactly a bollywood import, having acted mainly in Southie movies. Now she is worth importing. :winky:[/quote'] just look at her in this at 0;08 lol [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVsR9ZT74fo]Shriya saran wet and hot exposing ass!! unseen!! - YouTube[/ame]

VVS you are talking about skin show as if its some kind of character flaw! It says more about the audience than the girl. And the fact that these heroines can't act makes it stranger yet. That they have no redeeming quality apart from the fact that the boys like looking at them.

Entertainment industry has no boundaries. When Roja was released Madhubala had her 15 minute fame . She acted in a few movies. all you need is one break through movie at the right time. It is upto you to make a career out of it. Just in case you don't know Hemamalini did her first audition for a Tamil movie where Sridhar rejected her. She became a dream girl in bollywood. Strange things happen.

VVS you are talking about skin show as if its some kind of character flaw! It says more about the audience than the girl. And the fact that these heroines can't act makes it stranger yet. That they have no redeeming quality apart from the fact that the boys like looking at them.
Dude, don't tell me that Katrina Kaif can act. :winky: That's the level we are talking here. BTW, some on this board think even Aish can't act.

Not the audience.. it says about producers :cantstop: .