Why do Southie movies have Northie heroines?

Prakat

Dude, don't tell me that Katrina Kaif can act. :winky: That's the level we are talking here. BTW, some on this board think even Aish can't act.
Neither Kat nor kareena can act. But as stand-ins for a northie girl they are not out of place.

So what you are saying is these northie actresses look out of place "acting" as southies' date=' right?[/quote'] I'm asking doesn't a southie find it strange to see northie actresses being passed off for southie girls in the movies? mattel makes black-haired, doe-eyed versions of Barbie to cater to the Indian market. Filling shelves with blonde, blue-eyed dolls in India would amount to cultural insensitivity and an attempt at imposing western ideals of femininity and beauty on India. What these movies do is the same but only the people doing it are themselves. Why?

I'm asking doesn't a southie find it strange to see northie actresses being passed off for southie girls in the movies? mattel makes black-haired, doe-eyed versions of Barbie to cater to the Indian market. Filling shelves with blonde, blue-eyed dolls in India would amount to cultural insensitivity and an attempt at imposing western ideals of femininity and beauty on India. What these movies do is the same but only the people doing it are themselves. Why?
This. And if there are more & more of them being imported and accepted by viewers, then it only means that malyalee/telugu/tamil cinema is giving preference to skin-depth/superficiality over so called more classy/skilled local/southie actresses.

In south though actresses like Kajal Agarwal' date=' Tamanna Bhatia who know jack sh** about acting survive merely through exposing worse than item girls. Drop of the hat pallu will come off. Tamanna is worse in that department.[/quote'] r u trying to say kajal agarwal knows jack sh!t abt acting and survives through exposing body? :haha::haha::finger::thefinger:

I'm asking doesn't a southie find it strange to see northie actresses being passed off for southie girls in the movies? mattel makes black-haired, doe-eyed versions of Barbie to cater to the Indian market. Filling shelves with blonde, blue-eyed dolls in India would amount to cultural insensitivity and an attempt at imposing western ideals of femininity and beauty on India. What these movies do is the same but only the people doing it are themselves. Why?
Pravinbhai - there is no such thing as a blue eyed northie girl afaic. Somebody like Tapsee can pass off as a southie girl because there ARE southie girls as pretty/whiet whatever as her.