Follow on or Bat?

living

assuming we wrap up the Eng innings early tomorrow, what do you guys think? I say bat for about 30-40 overs, and defend 450.
What ?? Bat again with a lead of 340 ? no way. The bowlers will be well-rested tonight. They can surely have a go at the english the whole of tomorrow. Its about time we had an innings victory. Anything short of that will be massive dis-appointment.

SO...Should we bat again... Or enforce follow on ?? The $4657888 question I think we should bat Go all out till JUST before lunch. Score about 150 more. Declare and give Eng a few hairy overs to bat, the the rest of the day- unleash Kumble Its a lovely thought

Argh just posted the same thing --------------------------------------------- I think we should bat Go all out till JUST before lunch. Score about 150 more. Declare and give Eng a few hairy overs to bat, the the rest of the day- unleash Kumble Its a lovely thought Were one nil up anyway. might as well have some fun while were here...send MSD up ask him to have a go. Maybe even open with him and Ganguly

I think if India enforce the follow on, then it will take England atleast 4 sessions to put up 360. If they bat for one more session, they could have a lead of 120-150 with one session for India to get those runs.This way, India atleast should NOT lose the match. If India bat then it will eat up a lot of time, and it will also be tricky when to declare. I would enforce the follow on

Ofcourse , batting again means , we literally take control of the test match. We could even bat for 2 sessions and even if we get bowled out for say 200 ( worst possible scenario) , England would still be left with chasing 530 in 4 sessions, a target beyond most teams. I think it all depends on if the indian camp is really willing to go all out for a win , or are willing to ensure the draw first and then see if the match could be won. Now , when i think of it , they will probably go in for the second option. If England get bowled out VERY quickly tomorrow , India will bat again , probably deep into the post lunch session. They might be looking at a target close to 550 for the english , with something like 120 overs to bowl them out. If indeed this happens, It will sap the english of more energy and they would be demoralised more ,knowing all the while they are in the field that they would have huge target to chase. That will only hasten their batting collapse in the last innings. I think the Indian think-tank will be VERY uncomfortable with the prospect of batting last , however small the target or the time to be negotiated is.

a win is win..even a 1 run win or 1 wicket win or innings win.. assuming we get a lead of ~325...we should bat for another 150-175 runs..and we should make these runs with a SR of 5..so 25 overs or one session is enough... 5 sessions are more than enough to get england out...or if they are lucky ..weather will come for their help with a draw.. by enforcing a follow on....we will be playing a gamble....who knows... 1-0,2-0 does not matter to england..they have resigned... but if enforced a follow on..they might come all guns blazing...and set a target of 140-150 runs for india... old ball is not doing anything...so..why take a chance..i will take 1-0 win any day over 1-1 draw while going for 2-0 win... i will send regular openers..then dravid..then Dhoni..then Ganguly...then Kumble...