Follow on or Bat?

living

stop it rite there mm.. 2 days remaining..eng trail by about 300.. how can u even think of draw.. no we don't want this game to end in a draw.. we aren't playing for draw here.. we are playing here for series victory, and that too by 2-0, and not 1-0..
C'tics , you have got me wrong here. That is all i can say. We shall know what actually transpires in 5 hours ! :shades_smile:

Donny , Since you have captained your sides in many a cricket game, and obviously dont have an emotional angle to this "innings victory , 2-0 victory" sort of stuff , I would really like to hear your opinion on this. Faced with a prospect of a historic series win in england for the first time in 21 years , What would you do if you were captain of India ? Ensure a draw ( and hence the series victory) by batting for a session and a bit , setting England a target of 550 in 120 overs , or Enforcing the follow on and leaving the match result open to permutations again ? ( not a lot of it for sure)

mars-man.... i dont share ur sentiments.... my approach is, if u aint playing for a win, u aint a sportsperson.... i dont believe in playing for a draw.... honestly, i dont care if england won this game and drew the series if it had happened inspite of us pulling every string to win this match....

Gats , Dont you think the pressure of a 550 target and 120 overs isnt enough to bowl out the English ? Everybody has mis-understood my post. My contention is - Secure the series , then go hell for leather after the victory.
u will be robbing urself of atleast 30-40 overs to bowl them out for a second time, if u bat now... tht too me is not acceptable.... the first option is to give urself maximum chance to win this by bowling them out.... if u cant score 120 runs and get bundled out, then we dont deserve to win this match and england do deserve to win it, jus like in 2001 kolkata

DEFINTLEY Bat again! Bat till around mid tea, pile on at least 500 lead! Get those england players back on that field chasing leather again, sap every last ounze of energy out of them, it will help in bowling them out. It will also mean our bowlers get a rest. 1 day is all we need to bowl these muppets out:DKumble will tear through them on day 5

I rather would have liked India win it 2-0 than 1-0 after having scored over 650 runs in the first inning. Something doesn't seem right about this decision to me.
I know it's a bit too early but when somone thinks way too much and takes an unusual decision you start feeling a little jittery.

our bowlers already bowled 100+ overs..they were not fresh..Its good idea to let them rest for 2 sessions..and let them loose for 4 sessions...120 overs should be enough..If we cant win in 120 overs..forget it, we dont deserve it.. 2 down already...Can we score 160 runs before tea?

Ravi' date=' you are thinking too much. No team in history or future can chase 500 runs in 4 sessions on day 4/5. It's impossible.[/quote'] I'm not worried about the draw Shwetabh I'm worried about the test match ending in a timid draw.